Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about Safari Ltd

Go down 
+71
MARTINLATIN
A.R.Garcia
SUSANNE
Takama
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
JonasV
john2xtheman
donny ong
LeeAnn
Duck-Anch-Amun
Juan Andrés
quagga
tqcenter2002
therizinosaurus
arafan
orcagirl26
persefone
Elros Alvar
Taos
A-J
Numa
QuollMate
SeanieP
Gulogulo76
Saarlooswolfhound
scot(t)
mdasilva1973
Ana
cattlecollector
bojan
Silver Unicornis
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
MartinH
TATowner
Regy
LukaLeon085
Andy DC
Joan Milelire
STORMnl
Vondan
SommoDracorex
Bowhead Whale
dlfrogman
Arrakai
widukind
Vivien
weaselfan93
jarda
Sergey
Sapphire
SyLoBe
Sumo
Roger
landrover
skysthelimit
baltimore zoo
remowshake
Suebeedo
diversity
sphyrna18
Kiryuha
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Rio
Lasersword1973
Admin
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Wildheart
Gabe
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I have both and the detail and paint jobs are great! I do not find Safari great with painting detail but the wild dog is excellent--better than the mojo wild dog. Very detailed. I would suggest both.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: What is up with Safari Ltd's paints?! D:<   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:11 pm

What is wrong with Safari Ltd?! I know! I just ordered the whales and dolphins toob last week because I thought they'd be nice additions for my collection and I lost all the dolphins to the set when I was little and thought it'd be nice to get my hands on them again.I have owned the set for 10 years.All the whales,and dolphins from the first set of it I bought are still in pristine condition.The toob arrived today and all the dolphins and whales looked chewed up.The toob arrived dented.I threw the chewed up ones in the bin and took my older ones out because their paint is so much better.Safari's paint jobs have really declined in the last few years.I know 2014 for me is touch up year and I will be touching up some of my figures.But these,ugh idk.I will tell you now,the set was not USED! I almost never buy used animals.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 pm

What a darned shame Suspect 

Do you know how old the toob is ? How was it closed ? The newer ones have a sort of clock-lock, while the older ones were closed twith sticky tape, I think scratch 

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 am

Clock lock

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:12 am

Thats really a shame

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:12 am

QuollMate wrote:
Clock lock

Then it is a a new one affraid 

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm

It is I wasted half my amazon gift card on rubbed up animals.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 pm

QuollMate wrote:
It is I wasted half my amazon gift card on rubbed up animals.

If you bought from Amazon raise a help query against this order and they will immediately send you a replacement and ask you to return the 'damaged' goods to them via a freepost method. DO IT because I have done this in the past. Raise it as a damaged goods query. Does nopt matter if packaging is thrown away or some models, what you have left send it back via their freepost method. You could have picked a badly damaged package or one that was a possible previous returned. Let them send you another.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Ok thanks!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I just sent them a complaint they hopefully should reply soon.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Question about a old Safari Ltd dolphin   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 am

I know for years i saw a dolphin, i think he was made by Safari Ltd in the Monterey serie scratch 

Is there anyone who knows if it was a atlantic or a pacific white-sided dolphin? And have anyone a pic please question question question 

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

I've found that picture on Mihnea's collection, he calls it a Pacific white-sided dolphin and I think he is right. :DNow you have to find two of them! Laughing

Click here!

Last edited by Roger on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture too large)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Ohh! Lovely model drunken 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Roger wrote:
I've found that picture on Mihnea's collection, he calls it a Pacific white-sided dolphin and I think he is right. :DNow you have to find two of them! Laughing

Click here!

Thank you sunny sunny sunny sunny  But i think if i find one thats enough, because this specie i have in my zoo☀ sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:05 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Click here!
Thank you sunny sunny sunny sunny  But i think if i find one thats enough, because this specie i have in my zoo☀ sunny sunny 
Laughing Which brand is yours, Andreas? :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Click here!
Colorata and Kitan Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I have the pacific white sided dolphin, I recommend it as a model. As a kid it was my absolute favorite dolphin figure I had, because it was so different from the typical gray bottlenoses.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:57 am

widukind wrote:

Colorata and Kitan Very Happy [/quote]
Thanks, Colorata would be my favorite but a little searching on EBAY gives me a result of a 13 Euros figure and without shipping included. It is a shame that these lovely little Colorata are all so hard to find and expensive. Sad I really like them. Who knows, someday, Japanese brands start selling on Europe but chances are low. study
It looks also that there is no toys about Atlantic white-sided dolphins but as far as toy industry is going, it is a question of time, I hope. bounce

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I have the pacific white sided dolphin, I recommend it as a model. As a kid it was my absolute favorite dolphin figure I had, because it was so different from the typical gray bottlenoses.
That is an interesting thought, so many dolphin species, most even more beautiful than bottlenoses, and almost always brands make the same. flower
Companies should read your testimony when you were a child. After all, kids taste is not so linear. cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 am

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thanks, Colorata would be my favorite but a little searching on EBAY gives me a result of a 13 Euros figure and without shipping included. It is a shame that these lovely little Colorata are all so hard to find and expensive. :(I really like them. Who knows, someday, Japanese brands start selling on Europe but chances are low. study
It looks also that there is no toys about Atlantic white-sided dolphins but as far as toy industry is going, it is a question of time, I hope. bounce
[/quote]
The small Safari Ltd toob version marked as pacific white-sided dolphin looks more as his atlantic brother- but not really detailed:scratch: scratch 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thanks, Colorata would be my favorite but a little searching on EBAY gives me a result of a 13 Euros figure and without shipping included. It is a shame that these lovely little Colorata are all so hard to find and expensive. :(I really like them. Who knows, someday, Japanese brands start selling on Europe but chances are low. study
The small Safari Ltd toob version marked as pacific white-sided dolphin looks more as his atlantic brother- but not really detailed:scratch: scratch [/quote]
I think for now your chance is a custom. Idea

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:00 am

I just liked it because like I said, it was different. It had cool stripes and it was just different. Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm

widukind wrote:
The small Safari Ltd toob version marked as pacific white-sided dolphin looks more as his atlantic brother- but not really detailed:scratch: scratch 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

This is now being listed as a Common Dolphin. I suppose it could pass as one, but it really is better as an Atlantic White-sided Dolphin; however, the pectoral fins should be black (they used to be, but apparently not anymore), and the area that is tan now should be grey, while the white "comet" should be tan. But it's the closest anyone's come yet. It was never sold as an Atlantic White-sided Dolphin officially, though, so perhaps they never actually were going for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:57 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
widukind wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

This is now being listed as a Common Dolphin. I suppose it could pass as one, but it really is better as an Atlantic White-sided Dolphin; however, the pectoral fins should be black (they used to be, but apparently not anymore), and the area that is tan now should be grey, while the white "comet" should be tan.  But it's the closest anyone's come yet.  It was never sold as an Atlantic White-sided Dolphin officially, though, so perhaps they never actually were going for that.
Thank you and welcome back sunny sunny sunny 

I have this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Old Safari palomino, does anybody know it ?   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:05 pm

I was browsing to see if I could find some of the light Safari horses from 1994...and stumbeled on this one :

Does anybody know it ? Shocked 

I am sure it is from Safari, but have never seen it before, and it is not in the 1994 dealer's catalogue...there is a mighty gap in my catalogues, my next one after 1994 is 2003 What a Face

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I've never seen it before, but it looks nice cheers it has a lovely dynamic pose

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Safari Ltd
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next