Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about Safari Ltd

Go down 
+71
MARTINLATIN
A.R.Garcia
SUSANNE
Takama
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
JonasV
john2xtheman
donny ong
LeeAnn
Duck-Anch-Amun
Juan Andrés
quagga
tqcenter2002
therizinosaurus
arafan
orcagirl26
persefone
Elros Alvar
Taos
A-J
Numa
QuollMate
SeanieP
Gulogulo76
Saarlooswolfhound
scot(t)
mdasilva1973
Ana
cattlecollector
bojan
Silver Unicornis
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
MartinH
TATowner
Regy
LukaLeon085
Andy DC
Joan Milelire
STORMnl
Vondan
SommoDracorex
Bowhead Whale
dlfrogman
Arrakai
widukind
Vivien
weaselfan93
jarda
Sergey
Sapphire
SyLoBe
Sumo
Roger
landrover
skysthelimit
baltimore zoo
remowshake
Suebeedo
diversity
sphyrna18
Kiryuha
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Rio
Lasersword1973
Admin
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Wildheart
Gabe
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:14 pm

I love the one on the far right Kiki, what make is that, Lineol? I wish I could own the Schleich one, but I guess it's pretty expensive to buy now.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I love the one on the far right Kiki, what make is that, Lineol? I wish I could own the Schleich one, but I guess it's pretty expensive to buy now.

The one on the right is a Lineol, you are right Harriet Wink

About the Schleich, don't be worried about the price... Sometimes it is really expensive, but if you have good eyes and time, you still can find it without problems with your banker. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:42 am

So, if you need more pics about the 2008 Safari's Cape buffalo, go here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:51 am

I stand myself corrected. What I meant is, it's too soft looking for an African Cafe Buffalo Bull. Not in the soft plastic I am trying to say, but in appearance wise. By the way, your Lineol Buffalo is so cool, Christophe. cheers
It reminds me of our Philippine Carabao that's being used in rice farming in the older days.

The Papo's African Buffalo is so much better. But I am not saying, you don't buy nor collect the Safari Ltd's Buffalo. As a matter of fact, it is also good. But if you are looking for the better looking one, the Papo Buffalo is the best buffalo in the market so far. Well, that's entirely in my opinion only though.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 am

Lasersword1973 wrote:
I stand myself corrected. What I meant is, it's too soft looking for an African Cafe Buffalo Bull. Not in the soft plastic I am trying to say, but in appearance wise. By the way, your Lineol Buffalo is so cool, Christophe. cheers
It reminds me of our Philippine Carabao that's being used in rice farming in the older days.

The Papo's African Buffalo is so much better. But I am not saying, you don't buy nor collect the Safari Ltd's Buffalo. As a matter of fact, it is also good. But if you are looking for the better looking one, the Papo Buffalo is the best buffalo in the market so far. Well, that's entirely in my opinion only though.

Ok, I see what you mean Ron. You are right, it's a SAFARI's "curse" affraid. The angle of the ankle is always a bit "lazy" on hoofed animals. Sad

And the SCHLEICH curse is they stand straight but they are too chubby... What a Face

The LINEOL curse is they are nearly perfect but old... and expensive !

Of course the 2010 PAPO's buffalo is a gem but I can't resist to a good Cape buffalo cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:49 pm

I think, all manufactures have their advantages and faillures.
In this case we talk about the leopard, and not the Cape Buffalo.
The buffalo was good, in all cases actually, with some minor things...
But the leopard was not good IMHO, specially the colours and spots are not very well.
But as i always say, when you collect, you want them all, and there are worser models in this business, on all animal-species...

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am

TigerStrike wrote:
Got it today - I was disappointed to discover that the figure lacks the quality and realism I expect.
Never going to buy old figures (not from Safari Ltd. at least) Mad
I share pretty much the same opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks Kyrill! :)
I guess, you can bend the legs of this Cape-Buffalo in the right position, warm them up with a hair-dryer, and quickly cool them off with cold water, this must do the trick to get them in the right position... Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:59 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thanks Kyrill! :)
I guess, you can bend the legs of this Cape-Buffalo in the right position, warm them up with a hair-dryer, and quickly cool them off with cold water, this must do the trick to get them in the right position... Laughing

It's too bad fro Ron Cape buffalo but they are not all like that, mine is straight on his four legs and the quality is at least as good as the Schleich...

TigerStrike wrote:
Got it today - I was disappointed to discover that the figure lacks the quality and realism I expect.
Never going to buy old figures (not from Safari Ltd. at least) Mad

What kind of old figures are you talking about Gabe ? I know models older than me, like Lineol, which still can give lessons to 2010 models. Cool

But if you are talking about retired models from modern companies, Safari is not worse than the European manufacturers.

The younger papo have still some problems with zebras and dromaderies I think.

Schleich ? : Well, the safari leopard is not worse than the old giraffes, orang-utan or even leopard ! affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thank you Torben for the pic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 pm

It's okay. Laughing Because Safari Ltd is not my favorite after all. I have mentioned many times here that I only collect their Wings of the World Series from them after numerous of unrealistic animal figures I have gotten from them before.

But I must admit that all of these toy companies hace thier own weaknesses too. Just that my bad luck always fall with the Safari Ltd's wildlife. Mad

Like for example, I received my Eating Giraffe from the CollectA last weekend. And I am very disappointed with the paintings done to it. I considered buying that because I thought the bad paintings is only in the photo but actually it also applied in the actual appearance of that Giraffe.

Well, bad catalog photos are very common with many of the Papo's figures but it turn out that it's actually good in actual appearance.

So, I promised myself that I won't ever buy any of the Safari Ltd's figure again other that WOW series unless they will improve their quality especially their painting jobs part.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:17 am

Despite all of the weaknesses in some manufacturers, i do love the older models too, as they have their charms too, even when they are not realistic as they could be... Crying or Very sad
And i like complete series to collect, not only a few of them... Laughing

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your retired leopard figure. Wild Safari figures were originally supposed to basically be cheaper, far less expensive toys for children to play with and beat up on. In many cases, they were not much better than the cheap, bargain-bin figures from China. Their "museum" collections and authenticated figure lines, however, spared little in the way of accuracy, and their costs reflected it. The Carnegie Collection, Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection, Vanishing Wild, Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders, Baltimore Aquarium Poison Dart Frogs - they still rank as some of the best figures available. Some are in desperate need of updated molds or have been retired this long time, but they were really nice and very high quality (did I mention very expensive for their day, too?). So when purchasing Safari, you need to keep in mind what the figures were intended for. Wild Safari figures were, for the most part, not taken seriously, but were for quick production and point of sale retail. Safari didn't put much quality behind them. Nowadays, their Wild Safari figures are catching up to the quality their museum lines used to hold exclusively, but then again, the museum lines continue to improve quality every year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your retired leopard figure. Wild Safari figures were originally supposed to basically be cheaper, far less expensive toys for children to play with and beat up on. In many cases, they were not much better than the cheap, bargain-bin figures from China. Their "museum" collections and authenticated figure lines, however, spared little in the way of accuracy, and their costs reflected it. The Carnegie Collection, Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection, Vanishing Wild, Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders, Baltimore Aquarium Poison Dart Frogs - they still rank as some of the best figures available. Some are in desperate need of updated molds or have been retired this long time, but they were really nice and very high quality (did I mention very expensive for their day, too?). So when purchasing Safari, you need to keep in mind what the figures were intended for. Wild Safari figures were, for the most part, not taken seriously, but were for quick production and point of sale retail. Safari didn't put much quality behind them. Nowadays, their Wild Safari figures are catching up to the quality their museum lines used to hold exclusively, but then again, the museum lines continue to improve quality every year!

You are right IMHO. The wild Safari animals or dinosaurs improved a lot on the last years and Sfari is able to produce some of the finest models amoung the major companies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: SAFARI Incredible Creatures   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 am

hey guys Very Happy

i have a question about the SAFARI-collection called "Incredible Creatures". i think these are really very excellent figures, but aren't they bigger than similar SCHLEICH models?
could anyone please post a picture with both SAFARI IC and SCHLEICH figures on it to compare the scales?

i'm thinking about buying some models of this collection, as it contains some very interesting and rare species that are not to find as toy models very often (pelican eel ^^, lots of reptiles...) :)

thank you Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am

Oooh, yes, I would like to know, too !!!

There are the flying squirrel, the pangolin (pine cone Wink ), red-eared turtle, and, and...SOOO many fantastic figueres cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 pm

I can't post pics of them but I can tell they are BIGGER than SCHLEICH.

Some are soft and other hardplastic.

Ooops ! I have two pics of the armadillo with the Schleich one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Oh That is very big Shocked

Thanks, Christophe flower
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Oh That is very big Shocked

Thanks, Christophe flower

YES ! But it is awesome cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Yes, I can see that Very Happy
Sorry, amadillo, I think you are really fine, just look at the deatil in the feet !

The flying squirrel is here, by the way :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:13 am

incredible creatures usually produced very fine product and good details. the only things is "size matter". unless you are not particular.

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Do they still make Incredible Creatures? scratch

I will have to start looking for them. Great detail!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
Do they still make Incredible Creatures? scratch

I will have to start looking for them. Great detail!

They are in the catalogue , so I suppose it is just a question of finding them Very Happy

WOW, if you start collecting them, I can`t wait to see you sending pictures cheers
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Ringtailed lemur New model?   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Here is a link where you can see a new ringtailed lemur model.Is it made by Safari?
There is also the old lemur underneath,which appears on their official site.No clue about the more realistic one,though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:39 am

Wow, why is that one $15.50 on sale??? The other one is $3.50...they don't describe it either giving size measurements. That is strange...sorry I'm no help.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 am

Suebeedo wrote:
Wow, why is that one $15.50 on sale??? The other one is $3.50...they don't describe it either giving size measurements. That is strange...sorry I'm no help.

Really strange about the price scratch
But it is a nice lemour Very Happy sunny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Questions about Safari Ltd - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Safari Ltd
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next