Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Questions about Safari Ltd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sat May 31, 2014 9:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
by Increbible creatures.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you, but i think that are not the same scratch

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 pm

I agree with Andreas, they don't look like the frogs from the Incredible Creatures collection. If they were from the Baltimore Aquarium, I'm sure they would have that marking on them (similar with Monterey Bay and Carnegie). I know toob animals are marked with just Safari Ltd. and the year they were made, but I'm not sure if they had toobs back then scratch and the toob animals aren't painted that well.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:47 am

Ta-daa, I found them in my catalogue fron 2003  cheers 

The red-eyed frog is from Baltimore aqarium , or are they all ????  scratch 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 am

Ta-daa, I found them in my catalogue fron 2003  cheers 

The red-eyed frog is from Baltimore aqarium , or are they all ????  scratch 

Thank you Susanne, yes they are also authenticated by the National Aquarium Baltimore. To only what i dont understand is that they are in a catalogue of 2003 and mine are marked with 1990 scratch 

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Have anybody a idea what the specie of the green frog is? Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:27 pm

It is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Very Happy 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 pm

It is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Very Happy 

Thank you, but i mean my green frog on the left side  Very Happy 

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:45 pm

I would say it's a green poison-arrow frog Dendrobates auratus

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 am

I agree with Bryan:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by orcagirl26 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:07 am

Many thanks:)

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:35 pm

These frogs were originally released as one of their museum collections; the National Aquarium in Baltimore Poison Dart Frogs collection.  It was released somewhere around 1990. They were later sold under the Incredible Creatures line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 pm

These frogs were originally released as one of their museum collections; the National Aquarium in Baltimore Poison Dart Frogs collection.  It was released somewhere around 1990.  They were later sold under the Incredible Creatures line.

Thank you so much  sunny sunny sunny 

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 pm

If anyone is interested, I found on eBay pictures of the frogs from the Baltimore Aquarium collection:

Dendrobates tinctorius: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dendrobates histrionicus: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dendrobates azureus: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dendrobates auratus: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instead of the information hang tag that most Safari Ltd. collections have now, these came in little display boxes with information.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 pm

If anyone is interested, I found on eBay pictures of the frogs from the Baltimore Aquarium collection:

Dendrobates tinctorius: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dendrobates histrionicus: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instead of the information hang tag that most Safari Ltd. collections have now, these came in little display boxes with information.

Thank you, that is interesting  Very Happy  And the seller have the PV frogs too  Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Ohhhhhhh !  drunken 
They are fabulous, - and the PV ones too  cheers 

A bit pricey, unfortunately  Crying or Very sad  But WONDERFUL to see ! Thankyou, Og  sunny 

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you, that is interesting  Very Happy  And the seller have the PV frogs too  Very Happy

Ohhhhhhh !  drunken 

A bit pricey, unfortunately  Crying or Very sad  But WONDERFUL to see ! Thankyou, Og  sunny 

You're welcome! I agree, $26 USD for one frog is a bit pricey. The Incredible Creatures ones are still available, but I don't think they are of the same quality as the ones for the Baltimore Aquarium.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Ohhhhhhh !  drunken 

You're welcome! I agree, $26 USD for one frog is a bit pricey. The Incredible Creatures ones are still available, but I don't think they are of the same quality as the ones for the Baltimore Aquarium.

I don't know whether $26 is too pricey or not - it certainly is way more than I'd be willing to pay, but I guess it's all about what someone really wants.  However, the quality of the Poison Dart Frogs was outstanding, and you are right that the current Incredible Creatures set doesn't come close by comparison; however, by the end of the National Aquarium's "run," the figures were of greatly reduced quality.  The toes were most noticeably "cheapened" in that where they were once lithe, slender, and completely accurate, they began to look like little fat fingers.  The vinyl used was also softer, which contributed to the cheaper look and feel.  The current Incredible Creatures lineup is slightly different that the original lineup, and it is softer vinyl still than the Nat. Aq. set ever was, but it's adequate at best.  I have the original Poison Dart Frogs, and I'll take a picture of them in comparison to the current ones if I ever get a chance...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
weaselfan93

PostSubject: Frogs   Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:18 am

Don't buy from that eBay seller they sell products and books that support the killing of animals.  No Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Sad 

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
therizinosaurus

Country/State : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:35 am

THANK YOU for posting these guys :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:15 pm

As promised, I contacted Safari Ltd and as usual they replied in a very gentle way! Very Happy
I don't know if it is already everything clear but here goes a partial scan of a catalogue from the begining of 90's.
Here we see 3 of the frogs but not yet the tinctorius that OrcaGirl linked that probably was introduced later. study
I am impressed with the quality of that presentation and how realistic they look in that pictures! Shocked
Andreas, how large are your frogs?

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
therizinosaurus

Country/State : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 am

Susanne-- which tree frogs are on the bottom of that catalogue page?
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:59 pm

As promised, I contacted Safari Ltd and as usual they replied in a very gentle way! Very Happy
I don't know if it is already everything clear but here goes a partial scan of a catalogue from the begining of 90's.
Here we see 3 of the frogs but not yet the tinctorius that OrcaGirl linked that probably was introduced later. study
I am impressed with the quality of that presentation and how realistic they look in that pictures! Shocked

Thank you for that Roger, my are around 6cm long and 5,5 cm wide

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:08 pm

I don't know whether $26 is too pricey or not - it certainly is way more than I'd be willing to pay, but I guess it's all about what someone really wants.  However, the quality of the Poison Dart Frogs was outstanding, and you are right that the current Incredible Creatures set doesn't come close by comparison; however, by the end of the National Aquarium's "run," the figures were of greatly reduced quality.  The toes were most noticeably "cheapened" in that where they were once lithe, slender, and completely accurate, they began to look like little fat fingers.  The vinyl used was also softer, which contributed to the cheaper look and feel.  The current Incredible Creatures lineup is slightly different that the original lineup, and it is softer vinyl still than the Nat. Aq. set ever was, but it's adequate at best.  I have the original Poison Dart Frogs, and I'll take a picture of them in comparison to the current ones if I ever get a chance...

I apologize, I shouldn't have used pricey. I know I wouldn't be willing to pay that knowing the Incredible Creatures set is only around $8, even if the quality isn't the best. I currently have the Incredible Creatures set and they are much softer than what I would have preferred and expected them to be. The red one I have, it's arm and hand is pointed farther inward than what's pictured and I assumed it was from the softer vinyl and a defect in pouring the mold Neutral

Don't buy from that eBay seller they sell products and books that support the killing of animals.  No Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Sad 

Oh wow  Shocked I had no idea!Evil or Very Mad pale 

THANK YOU for posting these guys :)

You're welcome!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:36 am

[quote="widukind"]

Thank you for that Roger, my are around 6cm long and 5,5 cm wide

You're welcome, they are exactly the same size as it is described in the scan I provided. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:10 pm

I actually came across a website in Germany that sold the red and yellow one that Andreas posted a picture of on Thursday but now I can't find it again  Mad 

If I come across it again, I'll post the link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Safari Ltd   Today at 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Questions about Safari Ltd
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next