Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

baltimore zoo thought about PAPO

Go down 
+5
ken yeo
Kikimalou
Roger
HKHollinstone
baltimore zoo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
baltimore zoo

baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:45 pm

With the Safari ltd. African Buffalo, the legs are to thick, and the grass and birds aren't detail enough!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
With the Safari ltd. African Buffalo, the legs are to thick, and the grass and birds aren't detail enough!
Agree Laughing I do like it's face a lot though and the horns are good.
Papo is certainly the most realistic, however I really don't like it's open mouth.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:17 am

The open mouth is not that much of an "eyesore", because I see it as he's in the middle of chewing some cud.
Plus it's not that wide open so not that noticeable.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:36 am

My favourite of the 3 is the Papo buffalo too, and the open mouth is often to be seen, not only chewing grass, but when they are concentrated on something too, or when they make a treathening pose against lions or so... Rolling Eyes
But here is a great buffalo too, although it is a gaur, made by Britains in the late 1970's and 1980's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:24 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

But here is a great buffalo too, although it is a gaur, made by Britains in the late 1970's and 1980's.

The Britains gaur is indeed a great sculpt cheers ... With the badest colours ever affraid
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
My favourite of the 3 is the Papo buffalo too, and the open mouth is often to be seen, not only chewing grass, but when they are concentrated on something too, or when they make a treathening pose against lions or so... Rolling Eyes

And sometimes because they want to chew some steel... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:00 am

I have the Britain's Gaur(can you believe that my hoof stock fans I have a bovine hoofed figure).
However, looks maybe a little more like a Banteng? Incidentally, I'm still blown away that there are
so many hoof stock fans out there, sorry( I say this respectfully), but they're just big cat, ursine, hyaenidae or wolf dinner to me...
Just don't see the attraction?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
I have the Britain's Gaur(can you believe that my hoof stock fans I have a bovine hoofed figure).
However, looks maybe a little more like a Banteng? Incidentally, I'm still blown away that there are
so many hoof stock fans out there, sorry( I say this respectfully), but they're just big cat, ursine, hyaenidae or wolf dinner to me...

Poor gaur Crying or Very sad Alone with so many butchers around affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:17 am

Kikimalou wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

Poor gaur Crying or Very sad Alone with so many butchers around affraid lol!
Laughing

Willy and baltimore zoo, I know buffalos open their mouths, of course Rolling Eyes buffalos are very closely related to cows and I live around cows so I know their habits. The Papo buffalo is a great figure, but I don't like it's teeth showing like that, it doesn't look good to me, in fact, he looks evil affraid if they'd done his mouth open, with maybe just his bottom teeth showing, then it wouldn't look so bad to me. Cows, for instance, their lips are very tough, thick flesh that protects their teeth. It's like a horse it's teeth are hidden by the upper lip, you hardly see the top teeth.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:48 am

Yes Christophe, i can agree with that, specially when you know, that they used darker brown colours in plastic for some other models, so why not for the gaur??? Rolling Eyes

I do not specially love the bovinis or so Baltimore, but i love them too... Laughing
And the gaur is much much muscular then a Banteng, although they are muscular too, but not as heavy and big as the gaur, so the Britains culpt is not bad for me... :)

Well Harriet, you don't seem to see that the Papo buffalo is just smiling at you, as he wants to come to you too... Rolling Eyes cheers

PostSubject: Re: baltimore zoo thought about PAPO   baltimore zoo thought about PAPO - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

baltimore zoo thought about PAPO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2