Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 New Angus Set??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 43
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: New angus set?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 am

Not sure if this has been already posted but I was at my local D and B supply and they had a new Schleich Black Angus Set with the bull, cow and calf. It was in the new box style no info anywhere I am going to get one for sure
Back to top Go down
t3rry



Country/State : Canada
Age : 29
Joined : 2012-09-20
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 am

I assume it goes along with these sets?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will probably buy the bull set, as I really want the rodeo bull.
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 43
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:29 am

so are those new sets also??
Back to top Go down
t3rry



Country/State : Canada
Age : 29
Joined : 2012-09-20
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:46 am

I dunno, but I just saw them for sale for the first time today.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4397

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:54 am

No those sets are older, at least the mixed bulls set is. I have seen the new Angus family set at my local CAL-Ranch store too.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30667

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:35 am

A completely new Angus-family ? bounce bounce
Or is it just the box they are sold in, that is new ? Shocked

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3002

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:27 am

It sounds like Schleich may be re-releasing the Angus set. Or perhaps there is an old stock of Angus boxed sets finally making its way into stores.

Regardless, I would grab one up. Those are gorgeous molds.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 am

Pictures Pictures Pictures bounce bounce

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
schleichsammler2008

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-01-16
Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes! I would like to see pictures, too!

_________________
Alex [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

P.S. The initial release of the key - look at it
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

avatar

Country/State : United Kingdom
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-04-12
Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm

i was thinking about getting the set ages ago but it is very expensive Shocked

_________________
Coel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Good news for people who payed 30-35EUR for retired Angus family with tags Shocked

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Tyler Loew

avatar

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-08-24
Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Yes I no what your talking about Very Happy . My local Bomgarrs has the about 10 sets with same family, but in brand new green boxes, sitting on its Schleich diorama.
exclamation I cant wait to get them exclamation When I do Ill try to post a picture :)
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 43
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:58 am

Found these at my local farm store :)

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30667

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 am

WOW! Lucky you cheers

Brand new, old Angusses Sad(o)):

CONGRATULATIONS flower flower

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 am

20 USD?? Fantastic, congrats cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1019

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 am

Fantastic! That's the Schleich we like so much, not the current releases. Congratulations!

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26041

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:41 am

Nice angus set!!! Congratulations Rusty!! cheers cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:29 pm

What?
Only that.

And retired affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
I love that models
lucky you.
Maybe schleich go to make new packs for retired figures from old worlds cheers cheers sunny

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9632

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:05 pm

It's great find, congrats! BTW, I see on the box photo of quite new human figure (famer wife 13468 from 2012 news) ? How is it possible? :)
It's quite confusing, of course this cattle is retired but set would be new release? scratch

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Yes this is really odd! These cattle were retired years ago and now they are in a new set? I know for a fact it is a new set because of the packaging. The brown packaging is the new 2012 style of packaging for all schleich boxed items. All the tree model packaging has been changed to the same style. How odd!

I have just googled 'Schleich 41316' and i cannot find this item anywhere. It is not listed at all? Could it be a limited edition US release? where is model number 41316? how odd. Anyone any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:53 pm

ah look what I just found!

The code mentioned on the listing is different to the box though.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9632

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Wow, interesting Very Happy

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21709

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:16 pm

If Schleich starts reintroducing some old models the original will loose their collectability value. Anyway, that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
I am happy indeed that it will be possible to find some good figures like in this Angus set and not only the more recent anguish sets. Laughing Congratulations! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 43
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:14 pm

they had a few sets if anyone wants them. And yes they are new the little pamphlet inside has 2012 figures in it....
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9632

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Roger wrote:
If Schleich starts reintroducing some old models the original will loose their collectability value. Anyway, that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
I am happy indeed that it will be possible to find some good figures like in this Angus set and not only the more recent anguish sets. Laughing Congratulations! Very Happy

I don't think any brand would care about the market of retired figures. Because figures from second hand obviously don't bring them money. So if they decide to re launch some oldies, that's good for them. Also good for many collectors who would like to have these figures for reasonable price. It's only not good for those who wanted to sell them with profit. I wish Schleich would produce bird of prey set in 2013, relaunching old osprey, golden eagle, condor and sitting bald eagle I love you

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1019

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:47 pm

ana wrote:

I don't think any brand would care about the market of retired figures. Because figures from second hand obviously don't bring them money. So if they decide to re launch some oldies, that's good for them. Also good for many collectors who would like to have these figures for reasonable price. It's only not good for those who wanted to sell them with profit. I wish Schleich would produce bird of prey set in 2013, relaunching old osprey, golden eagle, condor and sitting bald eagle I love you

From your mouth to Schleich's ears! Very Happy

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21709

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
If Schleich starts reintroducing some old models the original will loose their collectability value. Anyway, that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
I am happy indeed that it will be possible to find some good figures like in this Angus set and not only the more recent anguish sets. Laughing Congratulations! Very Happy

I don't think any brand would care about the market of retired figures. Because figures from second hand obviously don't bring them money. So if they decide to re launch some oldies, that's good for them. Also good for many collectors who would like to have these figures for reasonable price. It's only not good for those who wanted to sell them with profit. I wish Schleich would produce bird of prey set in 2013, relaunching old osprey, golden eagle, condor and sitting bald eagle I love you

Ana, of course I agree with you and that's the reason why I'm saying that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
Though, I have to remember that Schleich informed us about the introduction of new birds during these years but with spread wings. It is being done, 2013 we are receiving a griffon vulture, in old line we had the white-backed vulture; in 2012 the peregrine falcon and in 2011 the new bald eagle. Also, we cannot forget that these last years Schleich introduced a new pelican (also with open wings) and this year the same with new pair of macaws. Will Schleich follow the strategy and give us a new osprey, golden eagle, condor or buzzard? I don't know, but clearly there is no commercial space to reintroduce the old line of birds of prey. I like best to see new figures I only wished falcon and eagle were better. Pelican is nice and vulture is promising. Very Happy
What about a North American set with the musk ox, mountain goat, pumaand alligator, figures that Schleich never gave a 2nd life?

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 43
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Here is a scan of the pamphlet maybe someone can translate and there might be some clues in that

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3002

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
If Schleich starts reintroducing some old models the original will loose their collectability value. Anyway, that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
I am happy indeed that it will be possible to find some good figures like in this Angus set and not only the more recent anguish sets. Laughing Congratulations! Very Happy

I don't think any brand would care about the market of retired figures. Because figures from second hand obviously don't bring them money. So if they decide to re launch some oldies, that's good for them. Also good for many collectors who would like to have these figures for reasonable price. It's only not good for those who wanted to sell them with profit. I wish Schleich would produce bird of prey set in 2013, relaunching old osprey, golden eagle, condor and sitting bald eagle I love you

Ana, of course I agree with you and that's the reason why I'm saying that's not a problem for me. Very Happy
Though, I have to remember that Schleich informed us about the introduction of new birds during these years but with spread wings. It is being done, 2013 we are receiving a griffon vulture, in old line we had the white-backed vulture; in 2012 the peregrine falcon and in 2011 the new bald eagle. Also, we cannot forget that these last years Schleich introduced a new pelican (also with open wings) and this year the same with new pair of macaws. Will Schleich follow the strategy and give us a new osprey, golden eagle, condor or buzzard? I don't know, but clearly there is no commercial space to reintroduce the old line of birds of prey. I like best to see new figures I only wished falcon and eagle were better. Pelican is nice and vulture is promising. Very Happy
What about a North American set with the musk ox, mountain goat, pumaand alligator, figures that Schleich never gave a 2nd life?

As much as it would make me cringe to think about the money I've dropped on figures like the Musk Ox, the Wisent, and the Black Angus Cattle, just to name a few examples, I'd love to see Schleich re-release many of these figures. I think Roger's right about the old birds of prey, though. If they released those animals, it'll be new models.

One note, correct if I'm wrong, but I believe the eBay listing Numann linked is Rusty's (awesome) eBay store. So Rusty's original post that began this thread and the eBay link are not independent sources of information. (Rusty, that's right isn't it?)

I wonder, is it also possible that the Black Angus figures are old stock, just repackaged?
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Any idea why it has been listed as used?

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Taylcoel

avatar

Country/State : United Kingdom
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-04-12
Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:47 pm

If the set is real, maybe it is because many retired figures are left over and schleich have noticed these going for high prices on eBay? Wink

_________________
Coel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
tapsi92237



Country/State : NRW/Germany
Age : 55
Joined : 2011-09-27
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:07 am

Schleich will never wake up any retired items.
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-06
Posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 am

I have also seen these sets with a new 2012 box at a store scratch
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9632

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 pm

tapsi92237 wrote:
Schleich will never wake up any retired items.
They did it with many smurfs last year. IIn completely new set old models were available :)

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm

What a great find! And how interesting all this about reintroducing retired models :)

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Dr.Narayanan

avatar

Country/State : India
Age : 42
Joined : 2012-06-29
Posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Whether used or brand new old items , as far Schleich , it's really worth it to buy the retired , hard to find models [ coz the quality of retired schleichs is too good Basketball ]

and yes, we won't get that quality in the upcoming years ' new models . Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Angus Set??   

Back to top Go down
 
New Angus Set??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Angus Suttie Fantasy Teapot (with lid by Julia Roxburgh)
» Schleich Angus Comparisons
» Syd Walker - Oil on board St Cyrus church, Angus Scotland

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: