Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

if we had owned a brand what would you name it

Go down 
+6
cattlecollector
Roger
widukind
SommoDracorex
SUSANNE
trevok4
10 posters
AuthorMessage
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

if we had owned a brand what would you name it Empty
PostSubject: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 15:46

hi there now if you had a brand like schleich and papo what would you name it and what would they make
i will think of my brand name later
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 16:03

here is my brands name jugeners
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 16:04

jugeners started began in 2008 and started to reitre replicas in 2011
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 16:05

Zusannimals cheers lol! lol! lol!

trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 16:15

here is the retired list of jugeners
RETIRED 2011
lion(2008)
lioness(2008)
lion cub(2008)
white tiger(2008)
polar bear(2009
shire horse(2008)
RETIRED 2012
warthog boar(2009)
warthog sow(2008)
warthog piglet(2009)
bighorn sheep(2010)
badger(2010)
skunk(2009)
RETIRED 2013
orangutan(2010)
orangutan baby(2009)
arabian stallion(2008)
black mare(2008)
black foal(2009)
foosa(2011)
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 16:23

and now what they made
WILDLIFE
lion
lioness
lion cub
african elepant
white tiger
warthog sow
tiger
tigress with cub
tiger cub
tiger cubs
FARMLIFE
boar
sow
piglet
piglet eating
ewe
lamb
lamb grazing
holstein bull
holstein cow
holstein calf
donkey
HORSES
shire horse
arabain stallion
black mare
black foal
halfinger mare
halfinger foal
welsh pony stallion
welsh pony mare
welsh pony foal

and that is the 2008 list
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 16:28

I don't think I would be a big fan of this company... too common species for me lol!
But you could always add a Proboscis Monkey in future, it never hurts Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 20:43

Fralotwo Laughing Laughing
Friends all over the world Very Happy

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny

Last edited by widukind on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 09:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 23:29

widukind wrote:
Fralotwo Laughing Laughing
Friend all over the world Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 00:04

I would certainly call it trevok4U! Idea
A brand started in late 1999 and my 2000 catalogue was surely composed of very long lists of common animals and complete families! Very Happy
My hippos needed to be smaller than zebras in a scale known as T4 and it was not accepted gaps between figure numbers! Very Happy
Do you like my brand project? Very Happy Very Happy Wink I love you

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 00:22

Mine would have to be Rarenimals (rare + animals = rarenimals. Pretty cheesy! Laughing ) a company that specializes in rare, never made animals. NEVER releasing the same animals twice and always having many exciting new figures.
The 2013 line-up:
Javan rhino
Tahr
Sambar
Jaguarundi
Arctic crane
Dhole
Passenger pigeon
Beefalo
Kouprey
Gloucester old spots
Navajo-Churro sheep
Musk deer
All model choices would be made by STS members.

Last edited by cattlecollector on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 01:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 00:34

I would call it "Alpha Animals" ( really like wolves ok?! Laughing ) And I would try to introduce new species, with interesting poses and in a variety of colors, for example (wolf): The wolf would be sitting or laying (not many made like this) and pick balck with white patches (like they naturally are) or a mixture of gray and brown. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 09:17

cattlecollector wrote:
Mine would have to be Rarenimals (rare + animals = rarenimals. Pretty cheesy! Laughing ) a company that specializes in rare, never made animals. NEVER releasing the same animals twice and always having many exciting new figures.
The 2013 line-up:
Javan rhino
Tahr
Sambar
Jaguarundi
Arctic crane
Dhole
Passenger pigeon
Beefalo
Kouprey
Gloucester old spots
Navajo-Churro sheep
Musk deer

That would be my perfect brand sunny sunny

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 10:12

here is the 2013 relases
AFRICA
lioness with cub
lion cubs
warthog boar
warthog sow
warthog piglet
chimpanzee male
chimpanzee female
chimpanzee baby
leopard
leopardess
leopard cub
leopard cubs
ASIA
white tiger
white tigress with cub
white tiger cub
white tiger cubs
orangutan male
orangutan female with baby
orangutan baby
AUSTRALIA
kangaroo joey
koala male
koala female with baby
koala baby
AMERICA
grizzly bear male
grizzly bear female
grizzly bear cub
snow hare
EUROPE
european wolf howling
european wolf
european wolf cub walking
european wolf cub sitting
ARCTIC AND ANTARTIC
seal
seal pup
sea lion
sea lion pup
king penguin
king penguin chicks
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 12:53

I feel like this brand Trevok4U (aka Jugeners Wink ) has so many similarities to Schleich, yes? Cool Very Happy Wink Especially in species choices Shocked cheers

I like Rarenimals CC, very fine list of species!! cheers

If I have a brand? I would specialize in tapirs and I will do new poses of the 4 tapirs every year, I would call it 4Tapirs geek scratch Suspect
On 10 years anniversary I would produce set of common animals, all painted like Malayan tapirs Basketball Razz

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 13:21

ana wrote:
I feel like this brand Trevok4U (aka Jugeners Wink ) has so many similarities to Schleich, yes? Cool Very Happy Wink Especially in species choices Shocked cheers

I like Rarenimals CC, very fine list of species!! cheers

If I have a brand? I would specialize in tapirs and I will do new poses of the 4 tapirs every year, I would call it 4Tapirs geek scratch Suspect
On 10 years anniversary I would produce set of common animals, all painted like Malayan tapirs Basketball Razz

Laughing Yes, that brand as a lot of similarities, one of them is not reading the posts from adult STS members! geek
Your idea of common animals painted on tapirs is completely original and I cannot find any relation with Schleich. I would love to see a zebra painted like a Malayan tapir (a zepir). Laughing
Seriously notice the presence of king penguins, Arctic hare and warthogs. That's what I always comment, these toys are extremely important to the knowlege of young kids about Nature. It is a shame that the best known brand is wasting the chance of giving to these generations a wider diversity. Sad

Ana

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 13:50

Wow, zebra painted like Malayan tapir, that's unusual Wink But You could always say it's normal zebra with small number of stripes, couldn't You? What a Face

Yes, of course animal toy brands has also educational purpose, I think this is kind mission and many modern brands do remember about this. (I think Schleich with their species choices is not very educational but they mainly want to produce bestsellers scratch ) Another idea for my own brand would be one with name Joey and this would produce only species of kangaroos (and other Macropodiformes Razz ) and also maybe educational set showing life cycle of Red Kangaroo bounce Nice yeah? drunken Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 20:41

ana wrote:
Wow, zebra painted like Malayan tapir, that's unusual Wink But You could always say it's normal zebra with small number of stripes, couldn't You? What a Face

Yes, of course animal toy brands has also educational purpose, I think this is kind mission and many modern brands do remember about this. (I think Schleich with their species choices is not very educational but they mainly want to produce bestsellers scratch ) Another idea for my own brand would be one with name Joey and this would produce only species of kangaroos (and other Macropodiformes Razz ) and also maybe educational set showing life cycle of Red Kangaroo bounce Nice yeah? drunken Laughing

A zebra with small number of strips? lol! lol!
Life cycle of red kangaroo is also brilliant! Laughing Your ideas are jumping high! bounce bounce bounce flower

Ana

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 21:20

Thanks Croc! alien alien alien Very Happy

Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 21:25

cattlecollector wrote:
The 2013 line-up:

(...)

It would easily be my new favourite brand! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): - provided the figures are highly realistic and detailed as well. (I'm a picky collector! Razz )

Mine would be... errrrrr... probably "AnotherWorld". Ha-ha. Laughing

Every year my line would focus on different species/variants of a certain animal group (genus, family, it depends on the animal), plus of course a selection of the best loved figures from the previous years. The product range would cover mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, amphibians, invertebrates, prehistoric animals and scenery materials, such as realistic tree models, boulders, etc to make dioramas.

For example one year the focus could be foxes. Then the year's product range would include all sorts of foxes: fennecs, corsac foxes, grey foxes, arctic foxes, red foxes, etc. There would be 3-4 models (male, female, cubs) of all the best known or most interesting species and maybe just 1-2 (adult and maybe cub) of the least common/least known species.

The following year there would still be some foxes in the catalogue, just not all of them. The new animal group would be something entirely different, for example frogs or tortoises/turles.

And so on.

Collectors would have to get models before they are discontinued the next year and kids would still be able to get their best loved animals even later. Wink

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 22:33

Wow, that's cool idea AW cheers cheers cheers Cool

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 22:28

My brand would be called Uncharismatic Megafauna, and it would avoid the staple species that, realistically, are the breadwinners for any company. Let's say I have wealthy sponsors, ok? Laughing The goal would be to raise awareness and teach people to look past the "big 5".

Here are the animals I wouldn't make, with their replacements:

Wildlife
Lions - any small felid
Giraffe - gaur
Elephant - dugong
Grey wolf - Ethiopian wolf
Bald eagle - Philippine eagle
Black rhino - Sumatran or Javan rhino
Panda - black-footed ferret
Tiger - fosa
Bottlenose dolphin - common dolphin (c'mon, they look so much cooler!)

Farm
White duck - muscovy duck
Dairy cow - water buffalo
Arab horse - racing bred Døl/North Swedish draft

Dinosaurs/ prehistoric
Tyrannosaurus - Troodon
Stegosaurus - Leaellynasaura
Parasaurolophus - Lambeosaurus
Triceratops - Protoceratops without nest

(I would say Velociraptor, but accurate portrayals are so scarce the model world could do with another one!)

In addition, I would do a line of recently (presumed) extinct mammals and birds, as well as the usual prehistorics. The mammals would include a thylacine or two, a dwarf elephant, a kouprey, a Pere David's deer, an aurochs, a Steller's sea cow, and so on and so forth.
The birds: a moa, the compulsory dodo, a passenger pigeon, a Spix' macaw, a great auk, a pink-headed duck...

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if we had owned a brand what would you name it   if we had owned a brand what would you name it Empty

Back to top Go down

if we had owned a brand what would you name it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: