Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Animals made in 3D by miniNature

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am

Hello, like I've told in my welcome topic I try to make animals in 3D so I can print them in 3D at Shapeways, so I'll have more realistic models with higher detail and all my animals in my desired scale.
3D Printing is very nice. You can chose different materials, like a lot kinds of plastic, metal and much more. The technology is still growing, but you can already print with a detail of 0,025 mm with some materials!


My very first 3D animalmodel is the Giraffe:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can watch and print the 2 Giraffe models in different scales here on the site of Shapeways.

Sadly I don't have money yet to print my own models, but when I've money, I'll show you pictures of the printed versions of my models.

When you have questions, tips, advice or constructive criticism, let it know. That will be very helpfull.

In the future, you can ask me for specific animal models in the pose and scale you desired and I'll try to make them for you. So let me know!


Last edited by miniNature on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:07 am

Absolutly phantastic cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 31099

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 am

This is awesome Shocked

I have absolutely no idea what and how this is done, but the result surely is stunning Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Thankyou for showing us. I hoipe to see more in the future sunny

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Fisva

avatar

Country/State : Poland
Age : 27
Joined : 2012-08-15
Posts : 1090

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 am

It looks very interesting Very Happy I've always wanted to try it out :)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2845

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am

I´ve always wanted to try this, but Shapeways looks to be expensive... At least if you are not going to produce it massively.

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2841

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 am

@widukind wrote:
Absolutly phantastic cheers cheers

Yeah! Yeah! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

_________________
My topic on STS
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9665

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 am

Good works and wow, that's interesting! I wonder if this is the future of designing animal figures Very Happy
I must learn it too perhaps scratch

Do You also sculpt in more traditional materials? :)

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 pm

They're amazing! This idea of 3d printing is incredible, I think it's marvelous!

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Thank you all for all that nice comments!

@SUSANNE wrote:
This is awesome

I have absolutely no idea what and how this is done, but the result surely is stunning

Thankyou for showing us. I hoipe to see more in the future

I've made some progress screenshots. I think some of you would be intrested in that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First I start with a good reference siteview picture of the giraffe. I've create a very basic shape of the body of the animal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Then I elaborate the basic shape a little more detailed and give the model basic legs, head and tail.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
On some point I'm happy with the basic shape and now I'll switch from Maya to ZBrush.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here is the model imported in ZBrush. You can see it's a whole different program with an other layout. This tools are focussed on detailling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here I started part by part detailing the model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Later, when the whole model had detailed muscles and face I give the model surface a short fur structure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The model is made symmetric, so when I'm content with the model I can start with pose the model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And when I'm content with the pose I upload the model on Shapeways, so it can be print.


@SyLoBe wrote:
I´ve always wanted to try this, but Shapeways looks to be expensive... At least if you are not going to produce it massively.

Yes, It's true that Shapeways is more expensive than factory produced models. But I've two kinds of models in my Shapeways shop. Hollow models and Solid models. At Shapeways you pay for each cm3 material. So when you have a hollow model this is far less cm3, so much cheaper. There is only a little (2/4 mm) hole in the model in an inconspicuous area. I'll buy my own hollow models in scale II (1:22,5). The hole I'll fill with powder/sand and than I'll close the hole with some glue. Then the model feels solid so more expensive Cool . Fortunately the giraffe is one of the largest animals, so all smaller animals in scale II will be much cheaper. A Kirk's dik-dik for example would be a cheap one :) And I go for quality over quantity.

Here you have a picture of someone else (RareBreed) on Shapeways who creates prehistoric animals:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This models are already printed. I think this is printed in the cheapest plastic material (white, Strong and Flexible) and he airbrushed it with grey paint. You can see all the details he made in 3D. I think it's stunning and my models will be detailed like that when they are printed.

@ana wrote:
Good works and wow, that's interesting! I wonder if this is the future of designing animal figures Very Happy
I must learn it too perhaps scratch

Do You also sculpt in more traditional materials? :)
No, when I was a child I have made many animals of clay with my grandma, but these models were not worth to keep Razz


Last edited by miniNature on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2845

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Wow, nice work! I love the looking of the red images. Those are the programs I want to try some day :)

About the prices... Well, 160 euro for a 1:22 figurine is not a bit expensive, it´s VERY expensive.

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

@SyLoBe wrote:
Wow, nice work! I love the looking of the red images. Those are the programs I want to try some day :)

About the prices... Well, 160 euro for a 1:22 figurine is not a bit expensive, it´s VERY expensive.

Yes, the 1:22,5 scaled models are very expensive. But the 160 euro model is the solid version. The hollow version of that model is 40 euro cheaper, but I'll try to reduce the prices of the hollow models more, with thinner 'walls'. I think the hollow version of that model of 160 euro, I can reduce to 60 euro.
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 pm

I like to show you my new model! It's not ready yet. I must give him only a nice pose. Now it's still symmetric. I hope you'll like him:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9665

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Wonderful work!!! Congratulations!!! cheers cheers sunny

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Oh! He's beautiful, I'd just love to have a replica of him drunken

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

@HKHollinstone wrote:
Oh! He's beautiful, I'd just love to have a replica of him drunken

That will be possible :) . Today or tomorrow I'll place the solid version on my site, so everyone will be able to 3D-print this model for themselves. This weekend I'll upload the hollow version, because now I don't have the best PC to hollow my model. (I'll make also a better hollow model of my giraffes, so they'll be cheaper)

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm

@miniNature wrote:
@SyLoBe wrote:
Wow, nice work! I love the looking of the red images. Those are the programs I want to try some day :)

About the prices... Well, 160 euro for a 1:22 figurine is not a bit expensive, it´s VERY expensive.

Yes, the 1:22,5 scaled models are very expensive. But the 160 euro model is the solid version. The hollow version of that model is 40 euro cheaper, but I'll try to reduce the prices of the hollow models more, with thinner 'walls'. I think the hollow version of that model of 160 euro, I can reduce to 60 euro.

And what is the price for a Dik-Dik? And would the price cheaper if you would produce more animals??? scratch scratch

That is phantastic sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fisva

avatar

Country/State : Poland
Age : 27
Joined : 2012-08-15
Posts : 1090

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I consider, is this used to create a model later with clay or something? scratch I know, it might be a stupid question, but I'm actually interested how such 3D model can be used to make a normal model bounce
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

avatar

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-07-24
Posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 pm

this is very intresting

i also create 3d models on my computer
but i create them for games

i can make everthing you want in 3ds

i use the programs;

milkshape
lightray
blender

for my 3ds models

also i use some convertion programs like

adobe photoshop cs5
3d exploration

and some other small programs

i make houses,,tanks ,,planes,,animals,figures,,cars

all for games

i work together with a german guy and a french guy

i make the models,
the french guy makes maps and models
the german guy,makes maps models and animation

i have some modelmappacks olready on the net
most are ww2 models,,because i make models for games

but i have ,,modern and old planes,,modern annd old army stuff

all kind of cars,houses tree's bushes,,etc etc

movie figures,,at this moment i work on a ww2 tank,,the Maus
just finished over 30 dinosaurs for some Jurassic maps in a game

Martien

btw,,i'm dutch to

and was olready thinking in making stuf like you do

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

@widukind wrote:
@miniNature wrote:
@SyLoBe wrote:
Wow, nice work! I love the looking of the red images. Those are the programs I want to try some day :)

About the prices... Well, 160 euro for a 1:22 figurine is not a bit expensive, it´s VERY expensive.

Yes, the 1:22,5 scaled models are very expensive. But the 160 euro model is the solid version. The hollow version of that model is 40 euro cheaper, but I'll try to reduce the prices of the hollow models more, with thinner 'walls'. I think the hollow version of that model of 160 euro, I can reduce to 60 euro.

And what is the price for a Dik-Dik? And would the price cheaper if you would produce more animals??? scratch scratch

That is phantastic sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

I can't told you exactly yet. Shapeways will calculate the price of the model when I've sent them a Dik-Dik model. I need first to finish a Dik-Dik, but I've a basic model of a Dik-Dik already, so I've tried to calculate the price: a 1:22,5 Dik-Dik (model is 2,4 cm high, 2,6 cm long and 6 mm wide) is less than 1 cm3, but because it's so tiny, he must be print in the highest detailed plastic. That material had a handling fee of $5 and $3,49 for each cm3, so I think a 1:22,5 Dik-Dik would be $8 = 6,15 euro. But I can do also other scales. a 1:10 Dik-Dik can print in cheaper materials so that would be $12 for a model that's 12,5x more material. Normaly it's not cheaper to produce more animals at the same time. You would pay for each cm3 material, but when you print more animals at the same time you'll pay only 1x shipping costs. Only the Strong-and-Flexible materials on Shapeways (that's the basic plastic) has a discount: 'For models that are greater than 10% dense (material volume divided by bounding box volume), after the first 20cm3, the remaining volume is calculated with a 50% discount.' You can watch here when you want to learn more about the pricing.


@Fisva wrote:
I consider, is this used to create a model later with clay or something? I know, it might be a stupid question, but I'm actually interested how such 3D model can be used to make a normal model

Yes, this models can be used to create a solid & touchable model. This is done with a 3D Printer. A computer sent mine file to the printer and the 3D printers can print my model in different materials. Most common are plastic materials, but you can also print in different metals like steel, silver and gold and also materials like sandstone, ceramics, chocolate, paper and lots more. Just say a material and it's possible. This will grow very big in the future. Here you have a sample video of the basic plastic material Shapeways used. You can see how a 3D Printer works.


_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 pm

@STORMnl wrote:
this is very intresting

i also create 3d models on my computer
but i create them for games

i can make everthing you want in 3ds

i use the programs;

milkshape
lightray
blender

for my 3ds models

also i use some convertion programs like

adobe photoshop cs5
3d exploration

and some other small programs

i make houses,,tanks ,,planes,,animals,figures,,cars

all for games

i work together with a german guy and a french guy

i make the models,
the french guy makes maps and models
the german guy,makes maps models and animation

i have some modelmappacks olready on the net
most are ww2 models,,because i make models for games

but i have ,,modern and old planes,,modern annd old army stuff

all kind of cars,houses tree's bushes,,etc etc

movie figures,,at this moment i work on a ww2 tank,,the Maus
just finished over 30 dinosaurs for some Jurassic maps in a game

Martien

btw,,i'm dutch to

and was olready thinking in making stuf like you do

Nice! Do you have some pictures somewhere on the internet?

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
Fisva

avatar

Country/State : Poland
Age : 27
Joined : 2012-08-15
Posts : 1090

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 am

Wow, that's very interesting! Shocked I haven't seen such things before... I haven't even thought that it is possible to print a figure... wow bounce
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:16 pm

My first African Elephant model is finished! Very Happy

Here some images of the posed model:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The solid version of this elephant bull is now available to print from my site. The far cheaper hollow models will be available this weekend.
I'll hope you'll like him! :)

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector



Country/State : U.S.A
Age : 19
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1610

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 pm

I am a bit confused. scratch you make the model on the computer, and it somehow gets gets turned into a real 3D figure? Please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to try it though.
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

@cattlecollector wrote:
I am a bit confused. scratch you make the model on the computer, and it somehow gets gets turned into a real 3D figure? Please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to try it though.

Yes, you're right. Here I found another clear video who shows another (cheaper and less accurate) 3D print technologie. I think this video shows on a good way, how a printer can build a 3D figure:

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm

What is the material they're made from? Is it flexible?

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

@HKHollinstone wrote:
What is the material they're made from? Is it flexible?

When you print at Shapeways you can choice your own material. This are the current Shapeways materials.
I'll advise the White, Strong & Flexible plastic. This one is the cheapest, the details are pretty good and white material can be painted very nice. The smaller models, with parts smaller than 0,7 mm will be better to print in Frosted (Ultra) Detail plastic. This isn't flexible, but it will future parts of 0,3 mm! This material looks like ice and can also be painted.

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 pm

@miniNature wrote:
@widukind wrote:
@miniNature wrote:
@SyLoBe wrote:
Wow, nice work! I love the looking of the red images. Those are the programs I want to try some day :)

About the prices... Well, 160 euro for a 1:22 figurine is not a bit expensive, it´s VERY expensive.

Yes, the 1:22,5 scaled models are very expensive. But the 160 euro model is the solid version. The hollow version of that model is 40 euro cheaper, but I'll try to reduce the prices of the hollow models more, with thinner 'walls'. I think the hollow version of that model of 160 euro, I can reduce to 60 euro.

And what is the price for a Dik-Dik? And would the price cheaper if you would produce more animals??? scratch scratch

That is phantastic sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

I can't told you exactly yet. Shapeways will calculate the price of the model when I've sent them a Dik-Dik model. I need first to finish a Dik-Dik, but I've a basic model of a Dik-Dik already, so I've tried to calculate the price: a 1:22,5 Dik-Dik (model is 2,4 cm high, 2,6 cm long and 6 mm wide) is less than 1 cm3, but because it's so tiny, he must be print in the highest detailed plastic. That material had a handling fee of $5 and $3,49 for each cm3, so I think a 1:22,5 Dik-Dik would be $8 = 6,15 euro. But I can do also other scales. a 1:10 Dik-Dik can print in cheaper materials so that would be $12 for a model that's 12,5x more material. Normaly it's not cheaper to produce more animals at the same time. You would pay for each cm3 material, but when you print more animals at the same time you'll pay only 1x shipping costs. Only the Strong-and-Flexible materials on Shapeways (that's the basic plastic) has a discount: 'For models that are greater than 10% dense (material volume divided by bounding box volume), after the first 20cm3, the remaining volume is calculated with a 50% discount.' You can watch here when you want to learn more about the pricing.


@Fisva wrote:
I consider, is this used to create a model later with clay or something? I know, it might be a stupid question, but I'm actually interested how such 3D model can be used to make a normal model

Yes, this models can be used to create a solid & touchable model. This is done with a 3D Printer. A computer sent mine file to the printer and the 3D printers can print my model in different materials. Most common are plastic materials, but you can also print in different metals like steel, silver and gold and also materials like sandstone, ceramics, chocolate, paper and lots more. Just say a material and it's possible. This will grow very big in the future. Here you have a sample video of the basic plastic material Shapeways used. You can see how a 3D Printer works.


I know absolutly nothing about that. But the price for a Dik-Dik is not so expensive as i think before. And how much more would be the price with painting? I think i am very very interested in this if you plan to create some unusual species like the Dik-Dik study study study study study

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:15 pm

@widukind wrote:
I know absolutly nothing about that. But the price for a Dik-Dik is not so expensive as i think before. And how much more would be the price with painting? I think i am very very interested in this if you plan to create some unusual species like the Dik-Dik study study study study study

Yeah, elephants and giraffes are not a good comparison in terms of price with smaller animals like a Dik-Dik. I'm happy not all my animals I would bought are expensive. Otherwise it becomes a very expensive hobby Razz .
And yes, I'll create a lot of unusual species in the future. I love them :) I'll make also animals on request.

Painting is a different thing. Shapeways at the moment owns 1 3D Color Printer, but that's a sandstone printer. The colors are not realy bright and the detail of sandstone is to bad for the models I'd created. So, when you order a 3D printed animal from my site on Shapeways, it will deliverd within 10 days at your home by Shapeways and after that, you'll need to paint the models by yourown. But maybe there is a way to work together on this forum and create a painting service for people, who can't / don't want paint. It's a long time ago I've paint a figure. I think I still just have to practice when I have ordered my first model Razz . I saw on this forum a number of people who painted animals beautiful, maybe we can do something with.

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm

@miniNature wrote:
@widukind wrote:
I know absolutly nothing about that. But the price for a Dik-Dik is not so expensive as i think before. And how much more would be the price with painting? I think i am very very interested in this if you plan to create some unusual species like the Dik-Dik study study study study study

Yeah, elephants and giraffes are not a good comparison in terms of price with smaller animals like a Dik-Dik. I'm happy not all my animals I would bought are expensive. Otherwise it becomes a very expensive hobby Razz .
And yes, I'll create a lot of unusual species in the future. I love them :) I'll make also animals on request.

Painting is a different thing. Shapeways at the moment owns 1 3D Color Printer, but that's a sandstone printer. The colors are not realy bright and the detail of sandstone is to bad for the models I'd created. So, when you order a 3D printed animal from my site on Shapeways, it will deliverd within 10 days at your home by Shapeways and after that, you'll need to paint the models by yourown. But maybe there is a way to work together on this forum and create a painting service for people, who can't / don't want paint. It's a long time ago I've paint a figure. I think I still just have to practice when I have ordered my first model Razz . I saw on this forum a number of people who painted animals beautiful, maybe we can do something with.

If you will create in the future unusual species and that is the price scratch scratch scratch scratch
I think you get any money from me sunny sunny sunny sunny
But i also need a painter, because i am free from talent Laughing Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

avatar

Country/State : Finland
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Elephant is amazing! Congrats! cheers cheers cheers

_________________
Jonas

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15007

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Congratulation for your work Mini Sad(o)): Your models are really beautiful and I love especially the last elephant. Even if it is "a bit" expensive for me. I also like your videos and pics about the making of, it is very interesting.

I have three models I bought on shapeways but they are very tiny and I chose the basic material. it was a bad idea, I agree for small models, detail or ultra detail seems far better.

I hope you will manage to make some small unusual species, I'm sure some of us will like to add some on their shelves for not too high fees.


_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2933

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 pm

I love your giraffes :)

_________________
my website http://dixieboy.webnode.cz/
my outside photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
carlysulli

avatar

Country/State : United States, North Carolina
Age : 17
Joined : 2012-10-05
Posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm

They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Sad(o)):

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] CARLY [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

avatar

Country/State : USA/Texas
Age : 29
Joined : 2012-12-11
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 am

Those models look really nice, and the technology is intriguing, too!
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Thank you all again for all nice comments! Very Happy

@Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation for your work Mini Sad(o)): Your models are really beautiful and I love especially the last elephant. Even if it is "a bit" expensive for me. I also like your videos and pics about the making of, it is very interesting.

I have three models I bought on shapeways but they are very tiny and I chose the basic material. it was a bad idea, I agree for small models, detail or ultra detail seems far better.

I hope you will manage to make some small unusual species, I'm sure some of us will like to add some on their shelves for not too high fees.


This week I'll update my site with some things. Like you said about the material choice. I'll give each model a specificationlist and there, i'll also give materialadvice for the proportions of the model. Also I'll remove the expensive solid models of my site. Sometimes it looks like confusing and why someone buy a expensive model when there is also a same model far much cheaper is available. This weekend I'll make the Elephant hollow and also the giraffes get a new (cheaper) hollow model. I've a new hollowing technology, so I can hollow the giraffes more efficient.
I hope, I can show you all this week also my first unusual species :)

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:


I hope you will manage to make some small unusual species, I'm sure some of us will like to add some on their shelves for not too high fees.


Laughing Laughing sure Laughing Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:28 am

I find everything very interesting although still not affordable for me. I also recomend all those who are envolved with manufacturing and this world of animal replicas to follow and study these tools. I don't have any doubt that it is the future for some toy manufacturers and also of other kind of business. If I'm not wrong, Nayab figures are already 3d designed. But I don't believe they produce the multiple figures with 3D printers. I think they make something more interesting. They make the molds with 3D technology and printers and than start manufacturing in a traditional way. So they save in money making the molds with that technology and keeping the traditional manufacturing for copies. Though, I am not sure actually. study I confess I am impressed with your figures in some aspects but some other makes me feel dubious about the results. For example, figures doesn't look rich in terms of texture but that could be only a little impression. Also, I think you need to rework the back of your elephant, I can see you care a lot with proportions, the legs and head size shows it, also correct characteristics for the species. I am eager to see those unusual species. bounce bounce elephant

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

avatar

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-04-08
Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 am

If the technology is getting better, at sometime the hand-made models will become extinct. Shocked Even if the technology is very interesting, I would find it very sad. Crying or Very sad
Still often seen when models are made on the computer.

Your elephant looks very good, the shape is perfect, only the skin is too smooth for a African elephant. Is in these mostly very rich on structure. See sample photos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laughing Haha Andreas, if it is a good model(e.g. a Dik-Dik), you can order and buy two models, one for you and one for me and I Paint both. Wink Cool

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sorry, my English is not so good, I hope You understand me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 am

The wrinkles in their skin are amazing aren't they, the pattern they make. Incredible creatures.

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9665

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:43 am

@Yurumi wrote:
If the technology is getting better, at sometime the hand-made models will become extinct. Shocked Even if the technology is very interesting, I would find it very sad. Crying or Very sad


!!!

OH...

I don't think handmade models will become extinct scratch But we will see scratch

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Yurumi

avatar

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-04-08
Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 am

Yes Harriet, these how showing the life, a wonder of nature!

Anna, I mean in the future. Neutral

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sorry, my English is not so good, I hope You understand me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9665

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 am

@Yurumi wrote:
Yes Harriet, these how showing the life, a wonder of nature!

Anna, I mean in the future. Neutral

Yes, but painting didn't disappear because of photography so why would other techniques do? scratch

The same with computer graphic, this didn't mean end of lithography or metal techniques or even older types of technologies such as woodcut. These techniques give different effect than these created in computer so all those things can exist together.

I think it's going to be like that also in world of figures. As long as some people wants to see (and create) effects that are unique for handmade models scratch

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

avatar

Country/State : Poland
Age : 27
Joined : 2012-08-15
Posts : 1090

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 am

I actually think that handmade models will anyway be much better, everything that has been commercialised has rather low quality.
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 pm

@Roger wrote:
I find everything very interesting although still not affordable for me. I also recomend all those who are envolved with manufacturing and this world of animal replicas to follow and study these tools. I don't have any doubt that it is the future for some toy manufacturers and also of other kind of business. If I'm not wrong, Nayab figures are already 3d designed. But I don't believe they produce the multiple figures with 3D printers. I think they make something more interesting. They make the molds with 3D technology and printers and than start manufacturing in a traditional way. So they save in money making the molds with that technology and keeping the traditional manufacturing for copies. Though, I am not sure actually. study I confess I am impressed with your figures in some aspects but some other makes me feel dubious about the results. For example, figures doesn't look rich in terms of texture but that could be only a little impression. Also, I think you need to rework the back of your elephant, I can see you care a lot with proportions, the legs and head size shows it, also correct characteristics for the species. I am eager to see those unusual species. bounce bounce elephant


@Yurumi wrote:
If the technology is getting better, at sometime the hand-made models will become extinct. Even if the technology is very interesting, I would find it very sad.
Still often seen when models are made on the computer.

Your elephant looks very good, the shape is perfect, only the skin is too smooth for a African elephant. Is in these mostly very rich on structure. See sample photos:


Haha Andreas, if it is a good model(e.g. a Dik-Dik), you can order and buy two models, one for you and one for me and I Paint both.

Thanks guys! I realy appreciate constructive criticism! Models can grow only better when other people take a critical look at the models.
At the moment, Shapeways accept only models less then 1.000.000 polygons (the uploaded Elephant is nearly 999.999 Razz the pictures shows less, because my laptop can't render so many polygons), but I think for me it's possible to give the Elephant a less smoother surface, if I divide the polygons on a more clever way. I'll try and I'll show the pictures when I've succeeded.

And I think nobody have to be afraid for disappearing traditional handmade models. As long 1 people on earth wants the traditional models, they will be there. And when 0 people wants traditional models, nobody will be sad they'd disappeared Razz

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:29 am

Good news! I've succeed in making better hollow models. Now, the giraffe models of the 1:22,5 and 1:32 are all more than 50% cheaper. The standing 1:32 giraffe is even 65% cheaper! Very Happy They are now available.
Tomorrow I'll make also for the 1:45 and 1:87 giraffes a good hollow model, I'll try to give my elephant a better skin and work for the Dikdik :) I'll keep you up to date.

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 am

@Yurumi wrote:


Laughing Haha Andreas, if it is a good model(e.g. a Dik-Dik), you can order and buy two models, one for you and one for me and I Paint both. Wink Cool

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Also the other giraffes (1:45 and 1:87) are lowered drastically in price now Very Happy

And I've also finished the new skin of the African Elephant. I hope you'll like this new version and agree this version is better than the smoother Elephant!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll start hollow this model now and in a few hours this model will be available :)

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15007

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 am

@miniNature wrote:

And I've also finished the new skin of the African Elephant. I hope you'll like this new version and agree this version is better than the smoother Elephant!

It is a BIG improvement indeed Sad(o)):

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
miniNature

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 24
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Here some new pictures of my elephant, now can be found on my site :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26700

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 am

A nice elephant cheers cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   

Back to top Go down
 
Animals made in 3D by miniNature
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Animals made in 3D by miniNature
» Made in Germany, China, Portugal and Tunisia ?
» What year Schleich started being made in China ?
» I found a Crown Lynn Ironstone Handpainted Made In Philippines today!!
» Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Homemade models-
Jump to: