Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 
 

 Animals made in 3D by miniNature

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
miniNature



Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm

@Philter4 wrote:
I just ordered mine!
Thanks, I just noticed the model is shipped, so you'll receive it in a few days. Hopefully you can show some pictures when it has arrived. I'd love to see it Very Happy

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9901

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm

It's beautiful! cheers 

@Philter4 wrote:
I just ordered mine!
Please share photos when it arrives! bounce cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm

I like it. What type of plastic is the nearest of the Collecta or other general brands?
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
miniNature



Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Neven Florian wrote:
I like it. What type of plastic is the nearest of the Collecta or other general brands?
I think the White, Strong and Flexible plastic feels the most like a general brands plastic. This because of the flexibility of the models. The Frosted (ultra) detail plastic feels more like the plastics used in railroad modelling like brands as Preiser and Faller. It's a bit more detailed and smooth. Also it's more fragile.

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:17 am

Thank you for the information.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 pm

I think I will order this one in December.bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:48 pm

I don't remember but the scale of the CollectA figures is well 1/22 ?
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
miniNature



Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Neven Florian wrote:
I don't remember but the scale of the CollectA figures is well 1/22 ?
CollectA isn't using a steady scale. But the 1/22 Watusi is with sizes like the cows of CollectA Smile 

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Thank you.sunny sunny 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Philter4



Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1391

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:55 pm

I was told my package arrived on Tuesday! I'm again in the hospital recovering from surgory so I will not see it in person until next week, if this surgory works my health will improve and I can get back on track with sculpting as well as my live animal projects. As soon as I can I'll post photos of her! Ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
miniNature



Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 am

@Philter4 wrote:
I was told my package arrived on Tuesday!   I'm again in the hospital recovering from surgory so I will not see it in person until next week, if this surgory works my health will improve and I can get back on track with sculpting as well as my live animal projects.  As soon as I can I'll post photos of her! Ya!!!!
Bad to hear you're in hospital Phil Neutral Hope you'll get better soon! Take your time!

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane



Country/State : Australia
Age : 22
Joined : 2013-10-09
Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:07 am

These are absolutely fantastic! Applause Applause 

It was incredible to watch and see how a printer in 3d actually works, how amazing. And excellent figures.

Also I think hand-made sculptures will last forever too, there is room for both!
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 44
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 1812

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:12 am

@Philter4 wrote:
I was told my package arrived on Tuesday!   I'm again in the hospital recovering from surgory so I will not see it in person until next week, if this surgory works my health will improve and I can get back on track with sculpting as well as my live animal projects.  As soon as I can I'll post photos of her! Ya!!!!
Get well soon, Phil. Hope you will get back on your projects soon.


Back to top Go down
mreyder



Country/State : Holland
Age : 46
Joined : 2013-02-19
Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi Stijn,
would it be possible to release this ABSOLUTELY WONDERFULL Watusi in 1/32 on your site??
Back to top Go down
http://www.bokkerijdersburcht.nl/britains
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14959

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:54 am

@Philter4 wrote:
I was told my package arrived on Tuesday!   I'm again in the hospital recovering from surgory so I will not see it in person until next week, if this surgory works my health will improve and I can get back on track with sculpting as well as my live animal projects.  As soon as I can I'll post photos of her! Ya!!!!
Good luck Phil !

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:24 pm

@Philter4 wrote:
As soon as I can I'll post photos of her! Ya!!!!
Which did you order Phil, what material I mean? I'm so tempted to get one too, it's absolutely beautiful! I am curious as to how the plastic feels.

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:19 pm

If I were to order one, where would the model be dispatched from, America? I'm wondering because, if it is from USA, I'd probably be charged at customs.

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:25 pm

I ordered this one:cheers: cheers 

Harriet, the best is the white flexible plastic ( or the black) because it's as the plastic of the CollectA figures. The shipping are only of approximately 6 Euro to Belgium. The price is reasonable. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Neven Florian wrote:
I ordered this one:cheers: cheers 

Harriet, the best is the white flexible plastic ( or the black) because it's as the plastic of the CollectA figures. The shipping are only of approximately 6 Euro to Belgium. The price is reasonable. Very Happy 
Thanks Neven Very Happy

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Philter4



Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1391

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi Harriet, I ordered white flexible plastic, hollow and in 1:22 scale.

I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them, it is prefect! I can't express how beautiful the figure is in my hand and can't wait to get home and paint her. I'm going to fill her with a solid resin to give her strength and add weight, then I'll paint her. I'm thinking a reddish tone with some white patches mixed in or a mix of red and white in combination.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:58 pm

@Philter4 wrote:
I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them
That was a nice surprise then! I can't wait to see your paintwork on her! Thanks Phil, I may just order one then, do you know where the company is based?

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9159

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 pm

@HKHollinstone wrote:
@Philter4 wrote:
I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them
That was a nice surprise then! I can't wait to see your paintwork on her!  Thanks Phil, I may just order one then, do you know where the company is based?
I think Shapeways is based in Holland. Very Happy

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
miniNature



Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:58 pm

@mreyder wrote:
Hi Stijn,
would it be possible to release this ABSOLUTELY WONDERFULL Watusi in 1/32 on your site??
Thanks Michel, yes, when I've time I'll update my site with an 1/32 Watusi. It only needs some edit in the model, otherwise some parts like the nipples and ears will be to thin. I think the model will only be available in Frosted Ultra Detail.


@Philter4 wrote:
Hi Harriet, I ordered white flexible plastic, hollow and in 1:22 scale.

I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them, it is prefect! I can't express how beautiful the figure is in my hand and can't wait to get home and paint her. I'm going to fill her with a solid resin to give her strength and add weight, then I'll paint her. I'm thinking a reddish tone with some white patches mixed in or a mix of red and white in combination.
Good to hear your enthousiasm! I hope you'll be soon back home! To fill her is a great idea. I don't know the price of the resin, but maybe you can do it cheaper and fill it with sand and close only the hole with some resin or kit.


@Ana wrote:
@HKHollinstone wrote:
@Philter4 wrote:
I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them
That was a nice surprise then! I can't wait to see your paintwork on her!  Thanks Phil, I may just order one then, do you know where the company is based?
I think Shapeways is based in Holland. Very Happy 
Shapeways has two factories. One in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and one in New York. I thought all the models for Europeans will print in Eindhoven.

_________________
Stijn.
My Site with 3D Printable Animals
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus



Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 471

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

@miniNature wrote:
@Philter4 wrote:
Hi Harriet, I ordered white flexible plastic, hollow and in 1:22 scale.

I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them, it is prefect! I can't express how beautiful the figure is in my hand and can't wait to get home and paint her. I'm going to fill her with a solid resin to give her strength and add weight, then I'll paint her. I'm thinking a reddish tone with some white patches mixed in or a mix of red and white in combination.
Good to hear your enthousiasm! I hope you'll be soon back home! To fill her is a great idea. I don't know the price of the resin, but maybe you can do it cheaper and fill it with sand and close only the hole with some resin or kit.
Another cheaper alternative is plaster, I know on the shapeways forums people have filled White Strong and flexible with plaster successfully.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9901

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:43 pm

@Philter4 wrote:
I finally got to see it yesterday, my family came for a visit and brought the box with them, it is prefect!  I can't express how beautiful the figure is in my hand and can't wait to get home and paint her.  I'm going to fill her with a solid resin to give her strength and add weight, then I'll paint her. I'm thinking a reddish tone with some white patches mixed in or a mix of red and white in combination.

Please show photos when you get the time bounce bounce cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Today at 3:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
Animals made in 3D by miniNature
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Animals made in 3D by miniNature
» Old Hong Kong farm animals found again!
» Made in Germany, China, Portugal and Tunisia ?
» Who made these chairs??
» Blue pottery Lion maybe this is poole pottery?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Homemade models-
Jump to: