Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals made in 3D by miniNature

Go down 
+45
Roger
widukind
miniNature
arafan
NightLioness
Wilorvise
Noémi
stecal
MiniZoo
koniminiatures
Geospiza fortis
AlienMantis
Sartje
donny ong
Miss Jane
lucky luke
Elephants Rule
Tyler Loew
Elros Alvar
Florian
LeeAnn
AlopexLagopus
Joan Milelire
mreyder
scot(t)
Philter4
aandmkw
pm64
stef1000
kudu11
Taylcoel
runfromturtles
AlvinCK
Yurumi
bjarki12
carlysulli
MartinH
JonasV
cattlecollector
STORMnl
HKHollinstone
Sergey
SyLoBe
Fisva
SUSANNE
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Wow, that's amazing!!! Congratulations for getting this machine Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 pm

They are awesome ! Ohh, dik-diks, that is wonderful I love you  - and now you can make all the models you want for yourself cheers

I look SO much forward to see more models, and to hear more about your new business bounce

Congratulations with your new wonder-mashine ! Applause flower

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:50 pm

Isn't it a dream for every collector to can make our own miniature animals at will? Very Happy
Dik-dik's, oh I like the middle one <3 Great choice of species!!

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:11 am

miniNature wrote:

Thanks Andrew! These are print in 25 microns, but I did also test with 100 microns and it turns out not that bad. You'll see the layers, but maybe with larger models that will be painted, it's maybe smooth.

When I wobble with the legs, they are a bit flexible. I think I compare this with figures of modelling figure brands like Preiser.

It's simple to work with. You can download the software (PreForm) for free on their site and try to place your models in this program and add some supports. Sometimes a print went wrong, by don't sticking at the buildplatform, but I think I resolved this problem. You need to clean the models in pure alcohol afterwards and dry them in ultraviolet light. When you clean the buildplatform with some toiletpaper afterwards, wear latex gloves and clean the mirror when it's dusty with compressed air, I think everything should be fine.

Thanks for the information Stjin
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 am

Those are really good news, please keep us updated! Very Happy

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:44 am

Wow! Congratulations! :)
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Thank you all!

I did a new print. It's the biggest print till now. I printed the 1/45 elephant bull. Smile Hope you'll like him.

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 IMAG0645
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 IMAG0646

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Fantastic cheers

When your models will be available? I need that Dik-dik bounce
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Excellent, thats a fairly large model....thanks for showing these informative pictures.
How long did this take to print, any trouble with the thin ears?

I look forward to seeing this after the supports have been removed, great work.
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:01 am

That skin looks awesome! I hope to see it without that sticks.

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Fantastic cheers

When your models will be available? I need that Dik-dik bounce

I have to test some prints first, in order to ensure that there are no errors in it. I hope to start selling the first models next month.

elephas_maximus wrote:
Excellent, thats a fairly large model....thanks for showing these informative pictures.
How long did this take to print, any trouble with the thin ears?

I look forward to seeing this after the supports have been removed, great work.

This was a long print. I printed this model in 25 microns (the finest resolution) and it takes 13 hours. I'll print this model in the other resolutions, to see the differences. The ears are flawless, with 0,4 mm at the thinnest part. There are some small holes in the body part, maybe I've made the model to thin (0,6 mm), but I can close this holes with a laserpointer and some resin. I only have no laserpointer or UV lightbulb yet.
The model must harden in the sunlight and after that I'll remove the supports.

elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:54 am

Thanks for the information Stijn.
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 4:40 pm

I've removed the supports. Still need to sandpaper the attachment points, but I'll wait till the model is more harden.

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 IMAG0647
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 IMAG0648

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:46 am

A nice figurine :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 am

Interesting to see all these procedures. With time I think we all will be used with 3d figures and your experiences seem very interesting to me. :elphant:

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Great thanks for showing the figure with the supports removed. If possible would you be able to show closeups of the model? I'm curious to see the 25 micron resolution and how it replicates fine details.
thank you
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:29 pm

elephas_maximus wrote:
Great thanks for showing the figure with the supports removed.  If possible would you be able to show closeups of the model?  I'm curious to see the 25 micron resolution and how it replicates fine details.
thank you

The same for me please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:36 pm

elephas_maximus wrote:
Great thanks for showing the figure with the supports removed.  If possible would you be able to show closeups of the model?  I'm curious to see the 25 micron resolution and how it replicates fine details.
thank you

I've tried, but the camera of my mobile phone is to weak for pictures that close. I'll make some close up shots, as soon I've some better camera. I'm planning to buy a camera next month.
I can describe for now the details a bit. You can see a very fine printline, but I think this is inside the material. You can't feel it, so I think it will disappear when you paint it. I'm very happy how the details came out. You can see the wrinkles around the eyes for example. Love to show some pictures when I'm able to.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:41 pm

If you can see the wrinkles around the eyes of a 1/45 elephant, I guess it means it is very detailed

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 am

Kikimalou wrote:
If you can see teh wrinkles around the eyes of a 1/45 elephant, I guess it means it is very detailed

Yes, the details are very high. Smile

I've made also some photos of the 1/22 and 1/32 dik-dik without supports. I can even see the eyes with its gland on the 1/32 model. I've add also a attempt to show the elephant details. Hopefully you can see something.  
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 IMAG0650
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 IMAG0651

elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 12:54 am

Thank you Stijn, the prints look very nice.  The ability to print delicate figures such as the dik dik and then a large elephant is amazing.
I can more clearly see some of the elephant details in these photos.

I'm still researching and deciding on whether to get the Form 1 +, your photos have been very helpful as I would be using the machine exactly as you are.
The only thing holding me back is the fact that the resin tray needs to be replaced every so often plus some issues I've read about quality control.  Other than that I think its a great machine.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:17 am

That's incredible technique and the elephant looks great! Applause
Can't wait to see it painted, I think it will be easier to see the details then too! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:30 am

All this seems very interesting!. Thanks for all the information. The possibility of making figures from a range between 1:34 upward wide the sales field (most collectors buy figures near a 1:20 scale).

(I need that dik-dik in 1:22 too !! ) bounce bounce

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 Likaon11 Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:25 pm

elephas_maximus wrote:
Thank you Stijn, the prints look very nice.  The ability to print delicate figures such as the dik dik and then a large elephant is amazing.
I can more clearly see some of the elephant details in these photos.

I'm still researching and deciding on whether to get the Form 1 +, your photos have been very helpful as I would be using the machine exactly as you are.
The only thing holding me back is the fact that the resin tray needs to be replaced every so often plus some issues I've read about quality control.  Other than that I think its a great machine.

Yes, the tank needs a replace after around the 2 litre according to FormLabs. In my mind I calculate 1/2 tank + 1 bottle resin = price for a litre. So that would be $180 for 1 litre.

Ana wrote:
That's incredible technique and the elephant looks great! Applause
Can't wait to see it painted, I think it will be easier to see the details then too! Very Happy

Yeah, this would be the first time I'll paint a figure. I hope it works immediately, I am afraid that I do it badly pale Razz first I need to buy the painting equipment.

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Wow Stijn, that are really good news. I would really like to own a 1:22 dik-dik to paint it Wink

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals made in 3D by miniNature
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next