Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!

Go down 
+34
bmathison1972
Pepi
Bonnie
Advicot
Pardofelis
Duck-Anch-Amun
landrover
costicuba
smallscaleworld
Tarunyada
LeeAnn
Bloodrayne
JonasV
ulinuk
pm64
almisi43
PeGe
Kikimalou
Sumo
ken yeo
Steve170
lucky luke
jhudstone
scot(t)
GoldEagle
carlysulli
SeanieP
HKHollinstone
jarda
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
weaselfan93
Roger
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 am

I have the pleasure of presenting the first SUY for 2013! Very Happy
The concept birds of prey is often discussed but, as we already have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this topic is dedicated generally to eagles, vultures and falcons. Very Happy
My first presentation will be based in figures from major brands with a little exception! Suspect I'm also adding some usefull links to toy animal wiki and other topics of STS. Very Happy

I'll start with golden eagles, it is hard to understand why this magnificent and known bird is not released anymore although it was very common in vintage brands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich 16701 golden eagle ((1999-2002) from Schleich Birds of Prey series!
Mojo Golden Eagle, a figure never released, this is the only exemplar out from Mojo offices which I was lucky of receiving from the brand.
This is a repainting from the 2011 Mojo 387027 American bald eagle.
Miniland eagle with reference 25141 and release year unknown. It is identified on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as Aguila, the spanish name to eagle.

American bald eagles are more popular in modern days, it is present in all brands and these are my favorite.

Mojo 387027 Bald eagle from 2011
CollectA 88383 bald eagle, released in 2009
Schleich 14635 eaglets on nest from 2011.
My bald eagles have names and a story to tell, if you want [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid affraid affraid

Here a mixed trio with

Osprey from Schleich, reference 16703 and available between 1999 and 2001. Only representative of its species.
Red kite, Bullyland with reference 69350 and available from 2003. Also only representative.
Common buzzard, from Schleich, reference 16704 and available between 1999 and 2002, recently, in 2012, Bullyland also released this species with open wings. :)

Now some old world vultures:

Bearded vulture, Bullyland 69386 from 2011. No other bone breaker was released. Very Happy
Griffon vulture, Bullyland 69350, from1995 or previous , I believe the first figure of this Birds series. If this is really a "dark" griffon, we can't forget that Schleich released a first version in 1997 and is launching a new version in 2013. Mojo is also releasing this species this year. bounce bounce
Cinereous vulture, Bullyland 69382, release year unknown, probably 2009, still available. Only representative of the species, you can see more pictures on 3 first pages of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New World Vultures.
They are not often present, and only condors were replicated.
Schleich released an Andean condor in 1999 being discontinued the same year what turns it hard to get and explains why it is not present in my collection. Sad After it only Bullyland and Safari released other condor figures.

Safari 264929 California condor flying, in catalogue from 2008 and the only figure of this species.
Bullyland 69368 Andean condor, also available for a short time.

Peregrine falcons are known for their reputation of being the fastest animals of the world, they are faster then a F1 car! Shocked
I don't have the Bullyland and 1st Schleich versions and below my only 2 representatives.

Schleich 14633 peregrine falcon from 2012
CollectA 88399 peregrine falcon from 2010

I have some little scale birds of prey that I'll show later but now it is time to see your birds of prey! cheers

Last edited by Roger on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 am

here are my avian raptors minus my owls:
First my eagles From left to right: K&M bald eagle, original safari bald eagle, new safari bald eagle, and safari toob eagle.
Next my old and new world vultures: safari California condor, K&M vulture, turkey vulture, and Bullyland Lammergeier
and all the others: bullyland goshawk, bullyland red kite, safari Galapagos hawk, bullyland buzzard, and collecta peregrine falcon
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:55 am

Thankyou Roger and Lance for all the beautyful pictures of beautyful models cheers

We were a little late this month, which was entirely my fault Sleep Sleep but it seems this topic is worth waiting for cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 am

Wow, Roger and Lance, You both have great collections of birds of prey Very Happy Wonderful to see them :) Big congratulations guys!!!! cheers cheers cheers
I must say I envy You some of figures, haha, but in positive way, I just hope to find them, especially osprey and buzard from schleich :) Also Kayiodo K&M turkey vulture but this one is already hard to find indeed Sad
Bigger part of my birds of prey stayed in Poland, I will try to post photos of what I have here in Holland, soon :) bounce
Oh, I must say I already love this topic, so fantastic figures to see cheers

Last edited by ana on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 am

Wonderful birds Roger and Lance cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Is the turkey vulture Kaiyodo question question question question question question

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 am

widukind wrote:

Is the turkey vulture Kaiyodo question question question question question question

Isn't it Kaiyodo red data? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 am

ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

The K&M condor looks like the Red Data condor scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am

widukind wrote:
ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

I think it's K&M, sorry I mistaken, just checked Kiki website study What a Face

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:41 pm

widukind wrote:
ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

I am sure it is K&M turkey condor (from the desert tube), not the Kaiyodo Red data california condor - this one is larger and not one-piece figure.

Last edited by jarda on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Oh, now i understand also Anna. Yes, Christophe has this vulture as turkey vulture. But i mean the next turkey vulture. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm

jarda wrote:
widukind wrote:
ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

I am sure it is K&M turkey condor (from the desert tube), not the Kaiyodo Red data california condor - this one is larger and not one-piece figure.

I know now, I'm sorry for my mistake and causing confusion Embarassed

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Here are my pics

a few pldies

vultures

bald eagles

others

asian brands

K&M, PV and the golden eagle is Colorata

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Ohhh ! Andreas you have a FABULOUS collection of magnificent birds !!!! cheers

It is fun, just now I saw all the little birds on my feeders disapeared like greased lighning !
I opened the door and heard the typical "iiaaarr" of a buzzard, and two of these mighty birds were circling almost above my head !!!!
They are really impressive, the wing span can be almost 1,30 meters ! Very Happy Very Happy
Over in the forest a couple of ravens were shouting abuse, I don`t know if a buzzard can threaten a raven ? scratch

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Thank you Susanne Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Where i work i can see also a big lot of different birds. It is like a little paradise, with a parc, wild gardens and a small river. Now in the winter you can see a lot of heron, also buzzards, sing birds and and and. For two weeks a falcon flys 4 metres away from my eyes. It was phantastic.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Wow, Andreas You have amazing collection of them!!! cheers cheers cheers

Also great to hear about Your recent observations Susanne and Andreas. I last time seen buzzard in October. I wanted take a photo but I was way too slow with getting my camera out Rolling Eyes Razz

I have with me in Holland only two figures of birds of prey. It's Schleich peregrine falcon and Kaiyodo white (immature?) Crested Serpent Eagle (Spilornis cheela)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Thank you Anna, your at the mment 2 birds are also great. White the Kaiyodo crested serpent eagle i often not know should i buy him or not (you know he is a puzzle) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Anna, I LOVE both, - the pictures make them look almost alive Shocked

Ohh ! How other brands could learn from Kaiyodo ! The way he sits on one leg and looks at us like he isn`t sure if we are from Mars Laughing Just like young birds do, it is awesome, - must be made by a great artist, - puzzle or not Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Please allow me to show my joy and pride : The 8 birds from the series "Greifvögel" from Schleich.
It took me several years to get them all with tags, - funny enough the condor was the first one I got. Perhaps because he had just been retired when I found out about Ebay Laughing

Here the flock. The picture was taken when my camera still didn`t make the pictures yellow-green Rolling Eyes

Golden eagle, 16701. Made from `99 to `03 (All are marked the year before they wer launched)

Sitting bald eagle, 16702. `99 to `03.

Osprey 16703 . `99 to 03.

Common buzzard 16704 and Peregrine falcon 16705. ´99 to ´03

Whiteback vulture 16706. `00 to ´03

Bald eagle with wings out 16707. `01 to ´10. It was surprisingly hard to get one with the yellow tag, even if the model is so easy to find scratch

The Condor 16708. Only made in `01 and ´02.

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Your birds are also phantastic Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Susanne, that's absolutely amazing collection, wow drunken cheers

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Wow, beautiful collections everyone cheers
Oh i love the schleich osprey!! bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Great collections everyone. Very Happy
Susanne, great presentation of Schleich Birds of Prey series and all with original tag. Of course the bald eagle with open wings was not easy to find with Birds of Prey tag because it was the only survivor in Schleich range after the brand ending with the series. As the series ended in 2003 and the open wings eagle version was only introduced in 2001, it was available with original tag only 2 years what can be considered a very rare figure for Schleich standards. The version with regular tag was available until 2010 and I suspect I still can find it here in local shops! Very Happy

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Here is my collection, not many. Cannot wait until the new vultures come out. I also have the eagle chicks in the nest.

These eagles are for sale or trade

The vulture and condor are for sale or trade

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 am

Beautyful birds, Shawn cheers
What brand are the two to the left in the last picture ?

That secretary bird is fabulous ! He is half of my colorata-collection Wink
I was just taking these pictures before I saw yours, so here he is again :

I have a small (almost) cat-and dog proof cabinet on the wall, where I keep my most small and fragile models.
These four birds are among the inhabitants, and I love them very much

Golden eagle ( ?) from Starlux, Secretary bird from Colorata, and condor and bald eagle from Clairet :

Westie shows the size:

Starlux-eagle is very interested in the hunting technique of the Secretary...I am thrilled by the incredible detail of Colorata`s model Laughing

carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Those are beautiful birds! Congrats! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!   Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Your Birds of Prey!!!
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next