Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind

Go down 
+26
Sumo
Tove
Haybale Farm
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
animalluvr6
ReinbowSchleich
Taos
sortepletter
SeanieP
JonasV
cattlecollector
krista
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Elros Alvar
trevok4
bojan
widukind
skysthelimit
Ana
Carola
scot(t)
alexmotoc
SUSANNE
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 am

This is just my opinion, but the dogs are starting to slip towards cartoonish and not realistic. Crying or Very sad I do like the bent horn on the new longhorn though. Lots of longhorns that I have seen have irregular horns. I can't wait for mine to arrive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Here are a couple more Wink

Except for the pattern the new Texas longhorn hasn`t changed a lot

Nice pictures Susanne! I love that Vulture (both of them actually).

I think the new Longhorn is a very fine model. But I'm not sure it is a sufficient improvement on the old one to warrant the bother. So many other animals they could have chosen -- heck, so many other cattle! But I do love it and I got it as well and I'm really happy with it.

cattlecollector wrote:
This is just my opinion, but the dogs are starting to slip towards cartoonish and not realistic. Crying or Very sad

I was thinking the same thing! Honestly, the most disappointing aspect of Schleich's 2013 line, for me, is their dogs. They aren't doing it for me at all. And I love small plastic dogs with a passion. Very sad.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm

The two new sets of kittens playing. I am sure they will be a hit for all cat-lovers cat Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The new black is very interested in his new friend from ´04 - ´05 ( Animal babies series)

The kittens from last year were having fun with a mat. I am not sure what the newcommers have found scratch But they seem to have a lot of fun Very Happy

A brand new panther. Here with the kitten from the book "Komm mit..." and the good, old guy from `95

New Panther is a very slim kitty :

What girl - young or old - can resist these bunnies ? rabbit drunken

With 3 of the little flock from 2011

The arctic hare with the lovely, older models Very Happy
Hmmm, I am not sure the old, white ones are hares, - but at least they are kind of white Wink

Haybale Farm

Haybale Farm

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 pm

by the way I don't think the ram is shropshire, I think it's part of the other family

Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Congrats on your new additions, Susanne. Will you buy all of the new releases by Schleich?

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 pm

[quote="SUSANNE"]The two new sets of kittens playing. I am sure they will be a hit for all cat-lovers cat Very Happy

All are in my list sunny sunny bounce bounce Cool

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Susanne, you should do a Walkaround of the new Schleich Panther! I, for one, would love to see lots of pictures of that model.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Here's my small contribution to this thread: The New 2013 Male Chimpanzee compared to the old Male. I feel like the new pretty much blows away the old.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Here's my small contribution to this thread: The New 2013 Male Chimpanzee compared to the old Male. I feel like the new pretty much blows away the old.

You are right ! I love this new chimp Very Happy
We get more and more spoiled with beautyful models. I remeber when the old one was the TOP Laughing

Thankyou for the picture, Scott sunny

cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 pm

scot(t) wrote:

What I have noticed about the newer schleichs is that the paint job is not as good. The chimps are great examples. On the older chimp, you can see the color begin to fade into another one, while on the new chimp, the colors are very abrupt, and do not mix together.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 am

cattlecollector wrote:

What I have noticed about the newer schleichs is that the paint job is not as good. The chimps are great examples. On the older chimp, you can see the color begin to fade into another one, while on the new chimp, the colors are very abrupt, and do not mix together.

I think it depends on the batch of models. I noticed the very same thing you noticed about the colors on the hands on my Chimp, pictured above. But in a picture that Susanne took of a different instance of the same model, the painting on her Chimp is much better and fades much more smoothly from flesh into the dark color of the hair.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am

I believe, mainly kids, can have more fun with the funny old chimp, but the proportions of new figure are much more realistic. monkey
It continues looking like a bonobo although Schleich website says it is a common chimpanzee. Thanks of your picture, there is a chance of seeing this animal in my collection and all doubts will desapear. Thanks Scott and Susanne for these lovely comparisons. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:01 am

Great pics Susanne, and congrats on your additions!
Scott, I like your chimp too, but the painting is a little sloppy, but the model is fantastic! I saw on a documentary once, a common shimp with a darker face like that but it said it was a normal species. Bonobos can have peachy/pink colored patches on their face too, but I have seen this skin coloration before at a zoo also.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 am

I have to get those kittens! The blondie kitty looks like my kitten Ollie cat
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 pm

The bears alien

The new family meet the recently retired brown bears leaving the scene Crying or Very sad

New mamma-bear is a bit overwhelmed by the powerful, old grizzlies Shocked

Daddy-bear isn`t the most polite guy in the world Shocked
Or perhaps he should get a better toothbrush tongue Laughing

But the kids already started playing Laughing

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks you so much Susanne I love the face of the standing bear is so good Cool sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Good pics! I think that the standing bears face looks a little cartoony. It is still a great figure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 am

Honestly love best the old ones. Unless we can see what kind of bears they are. These new ones just look some cuties from a kid movies. Anyway, as usual, these cuties are lovely and many people will love them. Very Happy We collect what we love so anything wrong in it of course. Thanks for pictures, I enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:08 am

The little one looks like Koda from Brother Bear. Thanks for the great pics and comparisons Susanne! I like the molds, but I wish the big bear's mouth wasn't so dark, I would have liked it more pinkish colored. Congrats on having them!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 am

I got the new bears last friday, and they reminds me on the fairy tale about Goldilocks and the three bears. I think I have to find a little doll to be Goldilock. Laughing Laughing
Thanks for the pics, Susanne. I like the new bears better than old.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 am

Thank You for comparison pics Susanne! You have very nice group of bears Very Happy

I like the new standing one, she is such a cutie, like little plush Teddy Bear rabbit rabbit rabbit Also cub is quite lovely Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 am

Tove wrote:
..... they reminds me on the fairy tale about Goldilocks and the three bears. ....

I thought the same Laughing Laughing

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 am

I guess your adult bear is made in Germany. I've seen the made in China version with completely different mouth paint. There were actually white teeth and red/pink mouth.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

Bojan wrote:
I guess your adult bear is made in Germany. I've seen the made in China version with completely different mouth paint. There were actually white teeth and red/pink mouth.

WOW! Yes, they are made in Germany Very Happy
I hope to see them both here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers
If somebody shows a picture of the China-made one, I can insert a picture of my German bear bounce bounce

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm

It seems SCHLEICH is loving more and more big heads and small bodies Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next