Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind

Go down 
+26
Sumo
Tove
Haybale Farm
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
animalluvr6
ReinbowSchleich
Taos
sortepletter
SeanieP
JonasV
cattlecollector
krista
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Elros Alvar
trevok4
bojan
widukind
skysthelimit
Ana
Carola
scot(t)
alexmotoc
SUSANNE
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It seems SCHLEICH is loving more and more big heads and small bodies Laughing

Yeah, she is more a tedyy than a bear Suspect
I must admit I like the old ones a lot better Rolling Eyes

ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Here are the new Hannoveranian mare and foal.
They are nice...but rather insignificant, I think scratch
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In my mind this breed is strong and powerful, like the previous model.
Well, the present day European riding horses more or less all look the same. Rolling Eyes

The colt is clearly older than the previous one. But still, he is a bit narrow for a baby, isn`t he ? Shocked

I got the new hanoverian mare 2 days ago,and I noticed that her blaze looks like an "overview" of a fox or coyote walking Shocked So I'm gonna name her Fox or Coyote.
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Aww I love the picture of all the bear cubs together!! They're so cute! I want them all!<3

And in case you didn't know this already, real animals aren't always looking fierce, sometimes they can be cute too ; )

Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm

I've got to say, I really prefer the old texture.
And the new rearing bear looks like an ewok.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Sumo wrote:
And the new rearing bear looks like an ewok.

Ha! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
It seems SCHLEICH is loving more and more big heads and small bodies Laughing

Yeah, she is more a tedyy than a bear Suspect
I must admit I like the old ones a lot better Rolling Eyes

First I thought it would be one of my SCHLEICH 2013 add... But now I'm less sure scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am

Thank you for the Bear-photos, Susanne cheers But now I feel a little less sure if I'm going to get these bounce I've been watching the old ones for a long time, to find a pair I liked, but never did so far... So far... Might have to see these 2013s in the store first... And I agree with the dark mouth. I might very well only be able to find the Made in China, so I hope for it to have a lighter mouthpaint.. Hmm, and then the male will become a defending mother with her cub.

I guess Papo's going to win the Grizzly Prize this year..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 pm

The new appaloosa stallion together whit the legendary old beauty Very Happy
I know which one I like most Wink

Happy family cheers
Big brother-photographer is from a set of 3, which were made by Schleich as advertising of an Australian airline Very Happy

Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Here are some of mine shown against others:

Crocodiles:
Panther: sorry the pic is blurry:
Black Bull:
Sea lions:
Koala bears:
Chimpanzee Males:
Chimpanzee and Gorilla:
Chimpanzee young:
Shire and clydsadle foals:
Shire foal and Shire Stallion:
Hippo: sorry pic is blurry again:
Texas longhorn Cows:
Grizzly Bears:
The black panther is much better in person than in the catulogue photo by the way Shocked

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
t3rry

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:34 am

has anyone else noticed that some of the new models are made of a different kind of plastic and are very very lite (weight) compared to the old models... such as the heavy horses

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am

I'm not sure what I think of the 2013 Schleich Grizzlies. I got the Snarling Grizzy, but I'm not so keen on the Standing "bear suit" Grizzly.

Susanne and Coel have already given us some comparison shots with the Grizzly Bear. Susanne's set of photos earlier in this thread are great and have lots of Schleich comparisons. Just for kicks, I'll make some comparisons with a couple other Brown Bears.

Here's the new 2013 Growling Grizzly by Schleich:

And here it is with the recently retired Schleich. Honestly, I know most people won't agree with me, but I kind of like the older Grizzly. As I put it elsewhere, sometimes Schleich seems to be successful because they represent animals in a way that matches well with our mental stereotypes of those animals, even when the stereotypes we picture don't themselves mirror reality very well. Regardless of how accurate the older model in the photo below is, it definitely captures the stereotype of the model I have in my head. (But maybe that's just because I grew up in California and illustrations of Grizzlies were everywhere...like, on the flag...)

Here is the new Schleich with the CollectA Brown Bear.

And here is the new Schleich with the Safari Grizzly, which is a great sculpt, but has a horrifically bad paint job. Alas.

Last edited by scot(t) on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:52 am

Taylcoel wrote:

The black panther is much better in person than in the catulogue photo by the way Shocked

Thanks for the pictures Coel. It's good to hear this about the Panther. I may get it, despite what I thought previously.

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 am

Ooh, many new lovely photos, thanks a lot I love you

The new Appaloosa stallion looks utterly handsome! Now we just need a cowboy villain who can ride him Cool

Nice to see more pics of the bears. And to me the standing bear is very far away from realism, well, that may not be Schleichs goal this time, it has the cuteness and that... but still... The upcoming Papo is going to blow this one away with ten thousand kmph!

Despite that I do think the roaring one looks pretty fine. Strangely the Bayala bear seems to be able to compete with these, now I don't have it.. Yet.. Buy from the pics I've seen..
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 am

Thank you for all these photos. I like the colour of Scott's bear's mouth (made in China) much more than the one from Susanne (made in Germany), but overall the coat of the German made looks better. Now which one should I get? question

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Bojan wrote:

I..... baby seal has really nice delicate white pink colour.

Shocked Mine is white scratch

Here it is compared to the whiteness of the snow hare:

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Beautiful figures! Very useful pics, thanks for sharing Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm

scot(t) wrote:

And here it is with the recently retired Schleich. Honestly, I know most people won't agree with me, but I kind of like the older Grizzly. As I put it elsewhere, sometimes Schleich seems to be successful because they represent animals in a way that matches well with our mental stereotypes of those animals, even when the stereotypes we picture don't themselves mirror reality very well. Regardless of how accurate the older model in the photo below is, it definitely captures the stereotype of the model I have in my head. (But maybe that's just because I grew up in California and illustrations of Grizzlies were everywhere...like, on the flag...)

Scott, I can't find here grizzlies and their pictures and I am absolutly sure that I like best the old version. When I see that female I can identify easily that this is a grizzly bear and not any other subspecies of brown bear. The new figure I really cannot understand clearly what is it. It is a Grizzly only because it has a hump? This is just a random brown bear making the role of the evil guy contrasting with the sweet mother and the baby with inflated head. I am not being rude with Schleich, they made their option of giving us poorly accurate figures and we have the option of buying or not. Very Happy Fortunately there are many brands in our days and this strategy is not irritating anymore. The Papo grizzly looks much more promising and I hope it is as good as it looks. Thanks for the pictures. Very Happy

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm

heres a list of the 2013 items ive got so far
chimpanzee family
grizzly bear family
hippo family
black panther
shire horses
longhorn bull
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I know you already shown them but here is my modest contribution Wink

14225 and 14694 otters.

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:16 pm

The previous Shire Mare from 2005, and the new. She is marked 2012 even though she's a 2013 release.

I love both Razz
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Yes Carola all the schleich models are made in one year and go to the market the next year.

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Yes Carola all the schleich models are made in one year and go to the market the next year.

I see, that makes good sense cheers
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 am

The new Lipizzaner Mare with her older sister. She is nice, but the old lady has a much better pose I think.
Back to top Go down
stef1000

stef1000

Country/State : Haaksbergen, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:51 pm

The only thing what i don't like about the beavers is the colour diference of the fur. Crying or Very sad

Stef cyclops
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Ohh ! Carola, I completely missed your great pictures Shocked Sleep Sleep

I agree, the old lipizzaner mare is nicer . The new one looks like she is stumbling, - and why does she have curly tail ? scratch

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind    new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

new 2013 releases compared to previous of the same kind
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next