Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures

Go down 
+5
Kikimalou
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Dr.Narayanan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  Empty
PostSubject: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:40 am

Couple of days back , I picked up a nice set of farm animals exclusively for this Asian water Buffalo . I love it , love it drunken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 am

Great buffalo ! I like the pose...it must be made by somebody who sees them in real life, I think Sad(o)):

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:53 am

A very nice buffalo!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny Congratulations Doc cheers cheers cheers cheers I like this kind of unmarked but beautieful figurines but i hate them also, because they are hard to find Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 pm

It is not easy to find a water buffalo, congratulations! What's the size of it? Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Congratulation Doc Very Happy More pics, the size and name of the brand please
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Congrats, Doc, maybe this is Nayab one... Before xmas I saw the farm set with similar buffalo in local store but all figures were unfortunately too big for my collection (larger than Wild Republic polybag figures).
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks friends Very Happy

Roger and Andreas , very true that the Asian water buffalo is bit difficult to find .

@Kiki - I would post more pics. soon . This bufflo is unbranded China model .

@Jarda - it's not that big . Perhaps , I would post a Schleich model with this buffalo for scale comparison . and it's not Nayab . It's an unbranded one , neverthless very well depicted figurine .

@ Susanne - I agree what u say , pretty realistic posed buffalo
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 pm

and more models from the same set ;

MULE with a strange , wild look Laughing

I love this horse face , knowingly or unknowingly Laughing
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 pm

I really like the Water Buffalo! I really wish Papo or Mojo or CollectA or Schleich would make one! This is great. I am curious to know how big it is though.

Thanks for the pictures!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 pm

I have several models sculpted in a similar style, and I'm pretty sure these are Nayab.
These are an excellent example of the inherent skill in stylized pieces - they're hardly photorealistic, but the sculptor's competence shines through their cartoony appearance. Are you going to repaint them?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Dr.Narayanan wrote:

@Jarda - it's not that big . Perhaps , I would post a Schleich model with this buffalo for scale comparison . and it's not Nayab . It's an unbranded one , neverthless very well depicted figurine .

I have some Nayabs and no such figure is branded as Nayab - these are generic "Made in China" ones sold as Del Prado, Zoolandia, MicroTrade, Wild Republic etc.

Nayab produce similar groups of farm animals in different sizes, please see sets No 89 or No 165 (your set is slightly different but the catalog pages on Nayab website cover only small selection, not their complete product range)...

For those who interested - the same buffalo with another 3 figures (horse, ram and goat) is available on E-Bay for BIN price 1.99 GBP:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am sorry, Doc...
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 4:51 am

@Jarda - Surprising to know that Nayab does produce hollow animal models too . scratch

As far I know , I have nayab animals in solid plastic sculpts . Any how ,thanks for the infos .

@Sumo - NO , no way , I am not a repainting person . I just hate repaintings and customising models No

I want to see my animals in their original forms always .
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Nice again doc cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Here is the size comparison of the Asian water Buffalo with Papo hippo

and my water buffaloes
the smaller plastic one was bought when I was hardly 7 yrs. old Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:29 am

Thanks for size comparison picture, not huge at all! Funny buffalo the left one! Laughing flower

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks for size comparison picture, not huge at all! Funny buffalo the left one! Laughing flower

I told you na , it's not at all bigger in size .

and that funny porcelain buffalo was bought in a souvenir shop in Thailand , it's very special to my collection I love you Lot of charm in this figurine , isn't it ? It gives a look of innocent wilderness Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 am

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
Roger wrote:

I told you na , it's not at all bigger in size .

and that funny porcelain buffalo was bought in a souvenir shop in Thailand , it's very special to my collection I love you Lot of charm in this figurine , isn't it ? It gives a look of innocent wilderness Laughing

Laughing Exactly Doc! flower

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:02 pm

My goodness, after a very long await Evil or Very Mad Sad , I finally received a huge box full of AAA animals and some exotic , fabulous unbranded animals drunken sunny cheers

really interesting animals .....very well done . I am really excited to have added these to my collection bounce cheers

Ladies and Gentlemen , here I present them with few walkarounds Very Happy

INDIAN CIVETS [ Vivericula Indica ]

little one

AARDVARKS Sad(o)): [ I never expected such quality from unbranded versions . Infact, these are on par with the brilliant Safari ltd. model ]

PANGOLIN drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Congrats Doc! They look like Wild Republic animals You know Cool

Last edited by ana on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 pm

I like that unusual species cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 pm

These are very interesting species choices. Very Happy
The pangolin pose is great, aardvarks looks very decent figures and civet is also nice. Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us. Very Happy

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:31 am

Thanks guys Very Happy

@Ana - I too thought that these models were by K&M . The mold and finishings exactly give K&M touch .
But I confirmed that no brand name is specified under the belly . Just stamped made in China

@Andreas and Roger - it's always an exciting fun to add new species to our menagerie , isn't it ? cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 am

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
Thanks guys Very Happy

@Andreas and Roger - it's always an exciting fun to add new species to our menagerie , isn't it ? cheers

Oh, yes - i love that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 am

HOLY HAMSTER !!!
They are GORGEOUS cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 am

and few more interesting birds species added to my aviary section sunny

turkey vulture

Victoria crested pigeon

purple crested bird

Eider duck

wood pecker

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures    Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr.Narayanan's unbranded treasures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next