Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mice love Schleich!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

Mice love Schleich! Empty
PostSubject: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Well real mice seem to at any rate. Our house in Bartlesville Oklahoma seems to get an influx of real mice every winter. We have a large backyard which backs onto an alley, and the little buggers come in every winter from the cold. My siamese cat hunts them as best she can, she polices the premesis so to speak, and I set out glue traps, but they are not very effective. Rolling Eyes
The mice seem to really like the taste of my Schleich animals! Several models have been chewed on by "Mickey" and his buddies. Some of these are very old retired models such as my hyena. Alas, my dear old Schleich hyena had his back right foot chewed by a mouse! Shocked I might be able to possibly fix it with some sculpey or green stuff or clay, but the fact remains that this model is effectively ruined should I ever want to sell it on the secondary market. I never will, because he's a rare one, and I like him. I guess his "wound" makes him unique, and in real life hyena's are seen with deformities and wounds, but still..the blasted mice! Evil or Very Mad So I've currently moved all my Schleich models to a three drawer, mice-proof, plastic drawer unit in the hopes that they won'rt be eaten any more. cheers
I plan on buying some nice wooden shelves at our local Hobby Lobby and putting them up on my wall above my bed. High up. That should solve the mice's banquet issue and keep my dear Schleich's safe for years to come, heaven allowing. cheers
I was wondering if anyone else has had rodent problems with them eating your Schleich models? Drives me nuts, and I'm an animal lover, but these gnawing little mice don't belong in my house! Mad
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:23 pm

What a story affraid What a Face I'm so happy I have only ants invasion every summer cheers

I guess the closed shelves are the good solution.
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 am

*UPDATE* VILLIANS! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad They got my precious pandas too! Jerk mice! Sad Luckily for the pandas, the mice only scraped the paint on their ears a wee bit. No "chew marks" or anything. So I cleaned the panda's real well with hot water and mild soap, and I'll touch up their ears with some flat black acrylic paint. No lasting damage, but I wish it had been the other way around, and the pandas had bit the mouse's ears! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:07 am

Ohhh! Darned little buggars. I am so sorry for you and the hyena Crying or Very sad
It seems your mice have an excellent taste , but a bit strange for a mouse Shocked

We had a serious mouse problem once, when we moved out here. We decided to let our farmcat-kitty have kittens. We kept two ..and THAT helped !!! Suspect

Good that your models are safe now !!!!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 am

What happened with the figures from other brands? scratch Just like Christophe I only have some ants in Summer but I have loads of anteaters, an aardvark, a bilby and some more to help! tongue
I am sorry you lost some of your figures but great that they are safely kept now. But again, didn't the mise love other brands? Give them some lead Britains! affraid Very Happy Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 am

Roger wrote:
.... Give them some lead Britains! affraid Very Happy Wink

affraid affraid Poor mice Crying or Very sad

Laughing

AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 am

Gulo, you mean the pandas are in the closed shelves when the mice attacked? scratch How could they get in there????

You are not the only victim. I have had rats eaten part of my toys too during my childhood days. I don't understand what it is about the plastic that those weird rodents crave so much... Suspect Suspect

Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Give them some lead Britains! affraid Very Happy Wink Ha ha! No, sadly, I had misplaced the pandas but found them after I re-located the others to the drawers. But they're all fine now and reunited safely in their prortected fortress. As for the other brands, it's weird, but the mice ignore my Safaris and Papos and all the others. They're all like, "Schleich is what we like! Om nom noms!" I guess they have a developed taste, eh? At any rate, now all my models are safe. I'm looking into getting some nice shelves suspended on the walls above my bed. That way I can see my models and the mice are out for dinner. Laughing Laughing

also I did put a bit of touch-up paint on the panda's ears, and it blends flawlessly with the facory paintjob, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mice love Schleich!   Mice love Schleich! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mice love Schleich!
Page 1 of 1