Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Incredible prices" topic

Go down 
+58
Birdsage
thebritfarmer
Pardofelis
George
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
SyLoBe
1claire
WhiteLightning Wolf
tiopesao
Anne from Norway
landrover
NightLioness
sauroid
TheLastStardust
Wilorvise
Kikimalou
ken yeo
SUSANNE
Ana
Tarunyada
costicuba
Florian
widukind
elephas_maximus
jarda
sortepletter
stecal
Damon
AuntK
75senta75
DaveScriv
Bongo
Takama
MARTINLATIN
ida
JonasV
Elros Alvar
skysthelimit
TheSpottedCat
Sergey
orcagirl26
AlienMantis
Lennart
LeeAnn
arafan
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
scot(t)
Geospiza fortis
Tiermann
PeGe
Chris Sweetman
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Admin
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 5:23 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Those past days there was an auction at Breyerfest where some Breyer models were auctioned. An Alborozo mould painted as a bay sabino was sold for 22.000 USD.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 am

Huuu ! I hope they look well after it Shocked

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 am

On ebay today, sold for 120,06€

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 8:14 am

Crazy! I wish I had gotten some of those models as a kid as I loved the tv series. But that... highway robbery!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:00 am

Not a robbery, it was an auction. Someone wanted to spend money
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:06 am

WOW! Shocked affraid
It's a wonderful figure, and whoever wanted it must have LOVED it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Very nice animal with very bad price. Evil or Very Mad

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 pm

Almost rare-Schleich prices Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 pm

It is rare in mint condition !
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:24 pm

Seen today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bargain! £130 with box plus £7.95 postage costs.

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
On ebay today, sold for 120,06€

Oh I loved this show Very Happy I never knew that they made models, too :O
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 pm

Of course, Toyway made models of the first WWD series, they are very static because they are copies of the sculptures that were used to model the dinosaurs in 3D. They are very cool!

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Seen today

Bargain! £130 with box plus £7.95 postage costs.

Cool, I will buy a dozen Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 5:05 am

Wow, that's gorgeous. Would love to have one, but no way could justify spending that much on it!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:43 pm

Just saw that a Rydal Arab horse made by Pamela Du Boulay sold for £1,599.99 on Ebay, wow! It must be very special, does anyone know more about it?

More expensive than a real horse! I suppose objectively speaking, it's better value than a real horse because maintenance costs are cheaper, it lasts longer and you can take it into your bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Wow- an unbelievable price! affraid
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 6:26 pm

If you are on Brett's email list, you may have seen this:

A Kitan giant squid was sold for 253,000 yen. That is 1919 EUR, 1621 GBP or 2219 USD. According to the seller, only 120 were made.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 11:04 pm

affraid affraid affraid
It's amazing how much some collectors pay for these rarities! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 9:24 am

It doesn't mean someone will buy it Lilias, it is "only" the selling price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 10:33 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Just saw that a Rydal Arab horse made by Pamela Du Boulay sold for £1,599.99 on Ebay, wow! It must be very special, does anyone know more about it?

More expensive than a real horse! I suppose objectively speaking, it's better value than a real horse because maintenance costs are cheaper, it lasts longer and you can take it into your bedroom.

Rydal models are this valuable because they're rare, and also because of who made them - Pamela Du Boulay went on to become a famous sculptor. Her handmade models appeal to model horse collectors and horse art collectors, and for that side of things can be reasoned as an investment in a piece of art that'll hold it's value, just like a bronze, so there's often bidding wars between people who really, really want to own them and don't mind paying high prices.

Take a look at this page - photos of lots of Rydal models with their details, and a much fuller description of their history than my little summary :

I will say, I know a lot of those names credited as the owners. I've met them, or talked to them on forums years ago. These aren't super-rich people splashing out to grab valuable models for the status of owning them. They're just people who really, really love Rydal horses for their beauty and preciousness - some always wanted one in the past and are eventually in a position to afford one, some really fall for hand made craft type models by a creative artistic hand, some have been dedicated collectors all through the development of the UK model horse hobby and feel priveleged to own a piece of that history. I'd never buy one (unless it was a total fluke of a bargain being sold cheap by someone who didn't know what they'd got, and I happened to see it first Laughing ), but I can totally understand the people who do.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It doesn't mean someone will buy it Lilias, it is "only" the selling price Very Happy
Yes, I suppose the highest bidder may not pay up, but then it would normally go to the second-highest bidder and it would still be an extremely high price.

George wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
Rydal models are this valuable because they're rare, and also because of who made them - Pamela Du Boulay went on to become a famous sculptor. Her handmade models appeal to model horse collectors and horse art collectors, and for that side of things can be reasoned as an investment in a piece of art that'll hold it's value, just like a bronze, so there's often bidding wars between people who really, really want to own them and don't mind paying high prices.

Take a look at this page - photos of lots of Rydal models with their details, and a much fuller description of their history than my little summary :

I will say, I know a lot of those names credited as the owners. I've met them, or talked to them on forums years ago. These aren't super-rich people splashing out to grab valuable models for the status of owning them. They're just people who really, really love Rydal horses for their beauty and preciousness - some always wanted one in the past and are eventually in a position to afford one, some really fall for hand made craft type models by a creative artistic hand, some have been dedicated collectors all through the development of the UK model horse hobby and feel priveleged to own a piece of that history. I'd never buy one (unless it was a total fluke of a bargain being sold cheap by someone who didn't know what they'd got, and I happened to see it first Laughing ), but I can totally understand the people who do.

Thanks, very interesting to get more information about this horse. Yes, an animal model can be a piece of art, and therefore, why wouldn't it be as valuable as a sculpture or painting? Sometimes it may even be a good investment. If you think the value of an expensive figure will increase in the future and have the money, then you might as well buy it and enjoy it. But most of us don't have the money and don't want to risk that its value decreases. Personally, I'd also be very worried that I'd break the figure and all my money is gone Smile .
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 am

A friend shared this link with me:

Good Luck Minis from Safari LTD at about 100 € each?????? (these critters are sold for less than 1 euro in every shop, of course). But also look at the size, it says 20 centimeters lenght and 25 height, and this model is less than 1 cm height, about 2 cm across... so maybe there is a wrong issue (conversion?) with both size and price...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Laughing  I will buy 10  Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 8:54 pm

Great, I'll sell mine for a reduced price of £79.99, just for you Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 9:45 pm

Great cheers but I need 10 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 6:55 am

Some Marx, 197€ on eBay Applause

I am surprised and disappointed to find that these wonderful toys were intended to serve as a target for a rifle shooting game.  affraid

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Incredible prices" topic
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next