Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 am

Just to share the pics of this finely detailed set. I leave you all to decide if the colours are accurate as I have heard that the paintwork is not accurate enough. scratch

Sydney funnelweb Spider Atrax robustus
More than 30 species of the highly dangerous funnel web spider exist throughout Australia. The best known is the Sydney funnel web spider, Atrax robustus. The male is more dangerous than the female, which is unusual in the spider world. The male Sydney funnel web is also Australia's most dangerous spider, capable of causing death in as little as 15 minutes. However, in most cases of bites on humans little venom is injected and no symptoms develop. The venom appears to particularly affect primates. An antivenom was introduced in 1980, prior to which 13 known fatalities associated with bites from this spider were recorded.

The Sydney funnel web spiders are large, black, aggressive creatures with large downward powerful fangs. The males live in burrows or rock crevices which they line with silk. They attach external silk trip lines to the burrows to alert them to possible prey or mates. Colonies of more than 100 spiders may be found. Funnelwebs also like to live around house foundations and the male spiders in particular often wander into houses in the summer, especially during wet weather.
Source: Australian Venom Research Unit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wolf spider Lycosa tarantula
The tarantula wolf spider is a wolf spider found in southern Europe, especially in the Apulia region of Italy and near the city of Taranto, from which its name is derived.Wolf spiders do not build webs, but actively hunt their prey of small arthropods. Some live in burrows, while others are free ranging. Females live in their burrows all their lives except for nocturnal forays to capture prey, but the mature males leave the protection of burrows and wander about looking for mates. The males can live for two years, and they die some time after reaching sexual maturity. The females can live for four years or more. During the winter these spiders hibernate in their burrows.The female carries the egg sac with her, attached with silk to her spinnerets. Once the spiderlings hatch they are carried around on her abdomen until able to look after themselves.
Source: Wikipedia

Yellow sac spider Cheiracanthium japonicum (spelling error on the plastic base)
Japanese name : kabaki komachi-gumo
Primarily nocturnal, the spider hunts actively at night. Making its home in a tetrahedron shape with a leaf such as in pampas grass, the
female spider produces egg sacs here. Different species make different shaped nests. When the young hatched from the egg sacs, they eat the mother spider that was in the home in about half day. It has the most painful bite of any spiders in Japan.
It is found on the four main islands of Japan - namely, Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu.

Last edited by AlvinCK on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 am

I LOVE them cheers

If I were to start my life all over again, I think I would study spiders ! They are enormously fascinating study

AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 am

Susanne, you know I once had a tarantula collection, I kept them in longish containers I bought from Ikea, they are placed all over my bedroom and my study room. Due to some family disputes I eventually had to donate my collection to the local zoos and institutions Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I still miss them until today. There were baboon spiders from Africa, old world Asian species, Indian Ornamentals and a whole lot of other interesting ones. I learnt so much from them and it's so like collecting living pieces of nature and such a joy to feed them and watch them take their prey. What a Face What a Face

By the way more pics:

The southern black widow Latrodectus mactans
Latrodectus mactans, or Southern black widow or simply black widow, is a highly venomous species of spider in the genus Latrodectus. They are well known for the distinctive black and red coloring of the female of the species and for the fact that she will occasionally eat her mate after reproduction. The species is native to North America. The venom is seldom fatal to healthy humans.The southern widow is primarily found in (and is native to) the southeastern United States, ranging from Florida to New York, and west to Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and Nevada
Source: Wikipedia

The red-back spider (Australian black-widow)
Redback spiders are members of the widely distributed Latrodectus genus known as widow spiders. Other members include the black widow (L. mactans) and brown widow (L. indistinctus) of North America, the thirteen-spotted spider (L. tredecimguttatus) of Europe and the katipo (L. katipo) of New Zealand. In Australia, redbacks vary considerably in numbers from region to region and suburb to suburb. Although widely distributed, they are more common in temperate regions than the colder, southern areas. Redbacks have adapted well to an urban environment, making their homes in sheds and garages, under houses, in industrial areas and in outside toilets. Redback spider bite is thought to be the commonest serious spider bite in Australia, particularly over the summer months. An antivenom was introduced in 1955 and no deaths attributed to treated redback spider bites have been reported since. Prior to this, at least 14 fatalities had occurred.
Source: Australian Venom Research Unit

Last edited by AlvinCK on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 am

I don't Know if the painting is good enough but I can tell the spider is accurate enough forme taste What a Face

Congratulation ans Thank you for sharing pics of such unusual models and species. I wish you Will give us more topics live That in the future. By the Wayne, it would be fine if you add more facts about your models and animals. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 am

Thank you Chris! Yes I will definitely add in more information for the animals I post. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Very interesting!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 pm

AlvinCK wrote:
Thank you Chris! Yes I will definitely add in more information for the animals I post. Very Happy Very Happy

thank you Sad(o)): I love this kind of topics Cool
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 am

What a wonderful collections! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
And thanks for the information about the critters. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround   Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround
Page 1 of 1