Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

For a while I have been contemplating if it is possible to find a more or less complete overview :
PICTURES - of the Schleich models that look different, depending what country they are made in.

We see them here and there in the forum, but they are impossible to find again a month later scratch
The pictures I showed in Ghostme9´s subject a couple of day ago have already diappeared  What a Face  

This morning I was inspired by Christophe`s subject about extremely expensive models !  
I got an idea    cheers : ! Yes ! I did !!!  Laughing

With all the great Schleich collectors at STS-Forum, -  can`t we join together and make such a overview with  PHOTOES  ?

Here I throw the ball with some of mine, and hope to see a lot more from y`all  Very Happy

Old Kudus marked 96. The left one is chinese, the right one made in Portugal.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The good, old husky comes in a zillion variations as to painting.
But there is actually a clear difference in the moulds. Look at the tongue, and the space between the front paws. cheers
The one with the long tongue is made in China. The other one in Germany Very Happy

Arctic foxes. Germany and China. The Chinese one ( with tag) has a glittering, chalk-white surface.

The ones below I already showed recently  Wink

Jaguar, marked 2006. Chinese to the left, German to the right. Correction, Germany to the left !!!!

Falcons. German..Chinese

Akal teké mares. German left, Chinese right

Westies. German left, Chinese right.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow, I've never seen the made-in-Portugal kudu! It looks so fine and detailed compared to the Chinese one.

But I like the glittery arctic fox better than the other one : )

Thanks for sharing Susanne!

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Wow, Kudu from Portugal looks really good indeed! I also think Jaguar made in Germany is much better than m.i.China Shocked Thank You for sharing Susanne Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

any more
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks, friends ! I hope we will see A LOT more from other member, too cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
any more

Yes, yes, Schleich collectors, COME ON !!!!!! bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:24 pm

I agree with Ana and I want also to add that I like best Chinese Arctic fox! Very Happy
...and yes, where are all the famous Schleich collectors? bounce bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 pm

The only variant I have is the Malayan Tapir. Made in Portugal and China, the Chinese made has white circles around the eyes and much whiter ears. Can't take photos now, maybe tomorrow!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm

The only variant I have is the Malayan Tapir.  

Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Please  cheers

Here the fox 14338
China to the left, Germany to the right.

But I am in doubt if the difference is due to the country or the age.
I got the German one in `05, when the model was launced, and the Chinese one just before it was retired.
Please, if others, who have this fox, will check if country and colour corresponds to mine ?  cat

Back to top Go down
STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:08 pm

this is a nice topic,,

come on show us more

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm

[quote="SUSANNE"]

Please, if others, who have this fox, will check if country and colour corresponds to mine ? cat

I have the made in China version and it's the same as your made in China fox, except it doesn't have stamped Made in China on her tail, but on her belly.

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Rebock 14234   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

Hallo,

Rebock Made in Germany ist kleiner als Made in China.
  Die Kudu Antilope ist Fantastisch Susanne.  I love you   Applause

Gruß Jürgen

Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:10 am

Thank you Susanne, great topic! cheers Unfortunately I have no variant models to complement my original collection, so I can make direct comparisons. I usually stick to the one model I get in the first place, no matter the country. But never say never, in case I stumble upon a very nice German or Portuguese variant of a model I've already got.

Still it's strange, when I see your picture of the jaguar, mine is Made in China, but it looks exactly like the one to the right cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm

WOW! Jürgen, that is a SERIOUS variation and completely new to me Shocked
Thankyou very much !!!!

Still it's strange, when I see your picture of the jaguar, mine is Made in China, but it looks exactly like the one to the right cyclops

Ohhh, I checked, - you are right, and I was wrong. I just corrected ! Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 pm

WOW! Jürgen, that is a SERIOUS variation and completely new to me Shocked
Thankyou very much !!!!

Ohhh, I checked, - you are right, and I was wrong. I just corrected ! Embarassed

So made in China is the better one? Wow, that's nice! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Carola

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm

So made in China is the better one? Wow, that's nice! Very Happy

No problem Susanne cheers I'm just happy to discover, that China isn't necessarily the lesser quality. Well at least in my and also, Anas opinion Cool
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

I agree 100 % cheers

Just look at the westies, - and there are several other examples Very Happy .
It is my hope, that with this string we can get a good overview.
Also that we have some facts instead of "I think" for forming our opinions Suspect study Wink

Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Also that we have some facts instead of "I think" for forming our opinions Suspect study Wink

Yeps. Very good point. So that Made in China for instance, get the credit they deserve. Like in this case Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm

and mine! its opened my eyes somewhat - from all the models I have - I always preffered the German. I don't have any duplicates as I'm collecting each individual piece....
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Same with the percheron made in china and germany have different colours and one is more tall thant as other :)

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:35 pm

I think I've posted these before, but maybe some of you haven't seen these yet...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The left one is made in China, the one on the right is made in Germany.
The German one has more flat colours than the China one. Also I think it's slightly bigger.

In this case I like the German version a bit nicer, but I love them both : )

bojan

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Malayan Tapir
left China (with white around his eyes), right Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Here's the Hannoverian Mare Dressage '04. The one with the rider is Made in China, and the other is Made in Germany.
I'm sorry, I was too lazy to peel off the gear and rider, but I hope you get the impression still  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Carola on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Wow! The Chinese one looks much nicer sculptured, esp the head...or is it the painting that does the differnece ? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Wow! The Chinese one looks much nicer sculptured, esp the head...or is it the painting that does the differnece ? Shocked

In case you mean the horse and not the tapir Razz Then the sculpt is exactly the same. The German is slightly darker in the fur colour, and even a tiny bit shinier. The white one the head is different, but might not have anything to do with where it's made. Eyes are a bit better on the German. Oh, and the horseshoes are not visible on the German. still they are there, just only under the hooves.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Wow! The Chinese one looks much nicer sculptured, esp the head...or is it the painting that does the differnece ?  Shocked

In case you mean the horse and not the tapir  Razz Then the sculpt is exactly the same. The German is slightly darker in the fur colour, and even a tiny bit shinier. The white one the head is different, but might not have anything to do with where it's made. Eyes are a bit better on the German. Oh, and the horseshoes are not visible on the German. still they are there, just only under the hooves.

Ups ! I didn`t see neither the Tapir nor the squirrels  Embarassed
Great pictures, friends !  cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm

I see about the photos. I use Photobucket, they already seem to reduce the size of the photos when I upload them,
But I can't figure out how to reduce them even more No Unless I resize them manually in an editing program before uploading to Photobucket. I will have to do that, unless Photobucket has a feature which will allow me to resize it Rolling Eyes

By the way Susanne, I saw on your website that you got the new Shires cyclops Is it possible to see some more pics of them, and more opinions from you about them as well? Very Happy ... Do you really hate the mare that much, or is the only thing the pink hair decorations? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

By the way Susanne, I saw on your website that you got the new Shires cyclops Is it possible to see some more pics of them, and more opinions from you about them as well? Very Happy ... Do you really hate the mare that much, or is the only thing the pink hair decorations? Rolling Eyes

Laughing I don`t ever hate an animal...the poor thing can`t help what the designers ( or decisionmakers) did to her What a Face Wink
But it really IS one of the worst models Schleich has ever made, probably THE worst, IMHO Suspect

Great ! I´ll do that tomorrow, now.... Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Here's the Hannoverian Mare Dressage '04. The one with the rider is Made in China, and the other is Made in Germany.
I'm sorry, I was too lazy to peel off the gear and rider, but I hope you get the impression still Rolling Eyes

Mine looks like none of those Cool. She looks like this horse [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She is really glossy.
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

But it really IS one of the worst models Schleich has ever made, probably THE worst, IMHO Suspect

Great ! I´ll do that tomorrow, now.... Sleep Sleep

I'll be looking forward to that, and I hope you've slept well Very Happy
I wonder in what way she is that bad - like in, having wrong proportions for a horse?
Or more like the choise of design and colour?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Here they are : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
I hope the pictures are helpful .

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Here the good, old, charming pinto  Very Happy

Made in China to the left, in Germany to the right :

The colour difference is very easy to see, but not so easy to show in a photo  scratch

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 pm

On request, the 2 variations of the Schleich oryx i have.
Left Portugal, right made in China.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 pm

They are wonderful, Willy ! cheers

I have never seen one made in China before !
Thankyou for the picture sunny

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Me neither Susanne, i didn't even knew there were some..., it was a pure accident that is found this one... cheers

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

My chinese fox looks like your german fox

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 pm

A most interesting thread Susanne. Thanks for starting it and for everyones contributions. Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Harriet and Ida both showed the new ram for 2013.
The one with brown/grey background is made in China, the one with blue background is made in Germany Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 pm

There are also two versions of the present Kudu, one with horns backwards and the other one with horns upwards, which is is also a little bit brighter in colour, both are made in germany. Sorry, no pictures.
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Ofcourse I had to get the Chinese variant of my beloved Princess cheers - or Shire Mare, if you prefer.
She is made of a slightly softer plastic than the German version, but the touch of it is acceptable, I think.

Left is Made in China, Right is Made in Germany(She with the darkest mane and pinkest muzzle)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Two lovely sisters queen queen Very Happy Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing, Carola sunny

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm

I can't take a picture that shows clearly the difference between these two versions of the 2013 mountain hare. So, if anyone can show it better it will be appreciated. Very Happy
Though, I think it is interesting to post here, maybe most still don't know that variation. Very Happy
Made in China and Portugal versions. Very Happy
While Portuguese is almost pristine white, the Chinese has a somewhat dirty color. Easy to see in real. albino

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Great contribution, Roger cheers

It also looks like the front paws of the Chinese one is a little more "flat", and the head a little more round Shocked

Back to top Go down
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:08 pm

There is also a german and chinese Version of the current Lion male 14 373 , the chinese Lion is darker an dmore Brown than the german Version :

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Beautyful pictures ! Thankyou for sharing ! cheers
I like both, perhaps the Chinese ( dark? ) one a little better, I think Very Happy

Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon May 13, 2013 5:35 pm

I also have two variations. The right one is made in Portugal, the left one made in Germany. I hope you can se anything.

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon May 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Maybe, it's because they are from different periods of production? What a Face

Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon May 13, 2013 7:16 pm

That is awesome, Arafan cheers
Thankyou for the picture sunny

The Portuguese one is darker, - and the nicest one, to my taste Very Happy

Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I don't know why them are so scratch
No the German one is darker

Admin

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Maybe, it's because they are from different periods of production? What a Face

I think it is like automotive industry. Some car models, with big demand, are produced simultaneously in different factories. But, sometimes, due to resourses arrangements, they can stop production in a certain factory and move it to a different one. That's what I think, I don't have an official source of nformation! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of Schleich models made in different COUNTRIES   Fri May 17, 2013 4:13 am

There are some horses (and probably other animals as well...) in my collection that were made in different countries
Lipizzan
Germany left, China right
Tinker
Germany/Tunisia
Trakehner
Portugal, China
Hannovarian
China, Germany