Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich pogona lizard

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Loui
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Loui

Country/State : Australia

Schleich pogona lizard Empty
PostSubject: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 am

Hi,
My daughter has been collecting Schleich figurines for about four years. We started when she wanted something from the shop at the zoo. As we are zoo members and knew that we would probably end up buying her something at each visit we encouraged her to choose a Schleich animal.
Her collection is now quite large. She's had a few additions for birthdays, Christmas and because-they-were-so-cheap etc.
Anyway...............Last year we got her the Pogona lizard #14675. He's pretty cool. Today we were at the zoo (again) and once more I asked her which animal she would like to choose. My other daughter picked up one of the pogona lizards and said "This one doesn't have spots."
It was true. He doesn't have spots. I've compared him to all the other lizards there and he appears to be the only different one. All the yellow spots along the ridge of his back are missing.
So I was wondering........Does anyone know if this is an anomaly? How would it be caused? Is it really really rare? Will my husband and I both be able to retire early and live in the Bahamas if I put him up for auction? (the lizard, not my husband.)
or
Should I rip the tag off him and let my daughter play with an almost twin lizard?
Thanks in advance
Louise :)

Last edited by Loui on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : because I can't always spell.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi, Louise , and wellcome to you and your daughter sunny

Perhaps you will be able to retire to the Bahamas if you put your husband up for auction Shocked scratch Laughing

I am not sure how rare the lizard is, ...but it is rare for collectors, even if some disbelievers may call him a production error Suspect

Perhaps your daughter could get the value of 3 or 4 new lizzards, and you would make some collector happy..so if I were you, I would sell him on a net-auction Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Welocme here Louise sunny sunny

Can you post a pic please ?? Very Happy From the lizard, not your husband Laughing Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 am

Being Schleich the most worshipped brand of modern animal toys collecting, as Susanne suggested, only a disbeliever would think in it as an manufacturing error. When it happens with Schleich it is a special figure, when it happens with other brands it is a shame and a sign of lack of quality. pale
Of course our dear Susanne is not included once she really worships all brands! Laughing queen flower
I think the first thing you have to do is asking your daughter if it makes her feel happy having another bearded dragon slightly different, like dizigotic twins. If so, I think her joy is first. flower Very Happy If it is not important to her, just show some pictures here, post on Ebay, give us a link and pray! santa Maybe you'll win some money to buy 2 or 3 crocodiles. alien also, if you're thinking to put your husband on EBAY, don't forget the Schleich tag or nobody will notice the great person he surely is. Welcome to all of you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi.
Thank-you for the lovely warm welcomes.

My daughter is very attached to her animals, but fortunately I bought her a silverback gorilla and a deer and snuffled the lizard into my handbag so that I could check on it before she could name it, tape paper wings onto it (that's how you make pegasues out of horses) or claim it as her own.

She'll probably end up playing with it.
I've tried to upload photos here. I'll submit this reply and see if they worked.

Thanks again for the info
Louise :-)

Back to top Go down
Loui

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll see if it works this time..............?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi and welcome, Loui!

I think that the lizard looks actually nicer without spots : D

Roger wrote:
Being Schleich the most worshipped brand of modern animal toys collecting, as Susanne suggested, only a disbeliever would think in it as an manufacturing error. When it happens with Schleich it is a special figure, when it happens with other brands it is a shame and a sign of lack of quality. :pale:

So my wolf without pupils is a special collectors item instead of just sloppy paintjob? :D

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm

krista wrote:

So my wolf without pupils is a special collectors item instead of just sloppy paintjob? Very Happy

Sure it is cheers Sad(o)):

t3rry

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:50 am

check country of manufacture? I get chinese models here, and I have never seen the spotted version.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

t3rry wrote:
check country of manufacture? I get chinese models here, and I have never seen the spotted version.

Hi,
I had a look and their underside information is exactly the same. They are both made in China.

I was wondering if there were others around too, sounds like there might be some in Canada.

Louise :-)

Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi!
I have 2 of this model, from china with spots, but the spots are lighter and without the distinct darker yellow colour in the middle of the spots. I have been googling the real animal, trying to find good pictures of it, but the most photos shows the face of it, and only a few shows the back. I found no photos that showed eksactly the same pattern as the model has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich pogona lizard   Schleich pogona lizard Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich pogona lizard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: