Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Schleich African Penguin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Here is a small walkaround of the African Penguin (Made in Germany)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
with other Schleich Penguins:

with CollectA 2012 releases Gentoo and Rockhopper Penguins

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Very nice! Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:16 pm

He is lovely cheers

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 pm

He looks wonderful.
No one can resist a handsome man in a tux. tongue

I really need to start collecting penguins.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks Bojan for telling where it is made in. I hope other variations are better marked in terms of painting. We can't do anything to change the shape, but markings who knows are better done in other variations. Mainly those strips of the head, hte straight lateral spliting between dark and white and underwings are wrong too, proportions are very unrealistic but as you say, if we don't have anything good to tell, just don't tell. However, I have something good to say. First it is lovely and cute as almost all Schleich releases, then although it is a penguin, it is an unusual species, only Safari released it before. Also, I'll buy it and your pictures are very good and I hope we'll have the chance of seeing more topics like these from you. cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 pm

I like him! Thanks for posting the pictures!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Great penguin addition. I like him more now than from his pic in the catalog.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Thank you Bojan for this walkaround Very Happy

I'm happy SCHLEICH is doing a less usual specie with this Jackass, Like Roger said we can discuss the flaws about sculpting and painting... But at least it is smaller than the Emperor king penguins Laughing

I will maybe buy it because I want to support SCHLEICH to make more unusual specie Wink

@ Roger: Not only SAFARI Ltd produced a Jackass, COLORATA made a very decent one Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:06 pm

A very nice penguin!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He looks wonderful.
No one can resist a handsome man in a tux. tongue

I really need to start collecting penguins.
Wait until you see me in a tux! Very Happy

Thank you everyone. Well at least Schleich didn't put out another Emperor Penguin.

Roger, I wrote the country because there's a big difference in quality this year. Overall the Chinese are bad, not all but most of them. Shire Stallion is made of such bad soft plastic that his legs bend and the colour is the colour of the washed up black jeans, really bad. It looks like one of the cheap 1 euro shop toys. Peacock is even worse. It looks like his feathers were painted by a three-year old. And the back side of it are so slightly painted that it looks like they weren't painted at all, you can actually see through the plastic. I didn't see the German version of those models yet.
From the figurines I wanted the most, the Ram, White Goat and Vulture are badly painted and made from such shiny plastic that I'll have to wait until the German ones come to our stores. There are 2 good things, the mouth of the Male Grizzly is painted much better than German version and the Black Panthers teeth don't look so white and fake as the German version. I must say that the best quality comes from Portugal. Squirrel, Snow Hare and Hannoverian Mare are perfectly manufactured (I'm not talking about the mould!) that's why they also came home with me, altough I can't stand the fact of another eating squirrel in my collection. Fell Pony Stallion the Portuguese version is also perfect when it comes to manufacturing (trust me, I saw the Chinese soft plastic version) altough I won't buy it. The braids are not my thing!
Christophe, I like the Colorata! Thanks for showing it. Does anyone have the Safari one?

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Nice walkaround Bojan! Thank you!

I really like the Penguin and plan on getting it (despite the flaws that Roger has helpfully pointed out and which I agree with). I like a lot of the sizes of the Schleich figures this year and the Penguin is no exception: Thank you for photographing it next to the other penguins. I'm really glad to see how small they've made it.

I agree with you about some of the paintwork. But I haven't noticed the shininess. I have the Ram (made in China) and I think it looks great. (And I also think the Black Bull I have, also from China, is sufficiently matte. But maybe I'm just not comparing them in person with much better painted models.) The Griffon Vulture though...I love the sculpt, but the painting, especially the head and beak, it really leaves something to be desired. it's too bad.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Roger, I wrote the country because there's a big difference in quality this year. Overall the Chinese are bad, not all but most of them. Shire Stallion is made of such bad soft plastic that his legs bend and the colour is the colour of the washed up black jeans, really bad. It looks like one of the cheap 1 euro shop toys. Peacock is even worse. It looks like his feathers were painted by a three-year old. And the back side of it are so slightly painted that it looks like they weren't painted at all, you can actually see through the plastic. I didn't see the German version of those models yet.
From the figurines I wanted the most, the Ram, White Goat and Vulture are badly painted and made from such shiny plastic that I'll have to wait until the German ones come to our stores. There are 2 good things, the mouth of the Male Grizzly is painted much better than German version and the Black Panthers teeth don't look so white and fake as the German version. I must say that the best quality comes from Portugal. Squirrel, Snow Hare and Hannoverian Mare are perfectly manufactured (I'm not talking about the mould!) that's why they also came home with me, altough I can't stand the fact of another eating squirrel in my collection. Fell Pony Stallion the Portuguese version is also perfect when it comes to manufacturing (trust me, I saw the Chinese soft plastic version) altough I won't buy it. The braids are not my thing!
Christophe, I like the Colorata! Thanks for showing it. Does anyone have the Safari one?

Thanks Bojan for all this interesting information and Christophe for remembering the beautiful Colorata. The Japanese figure has the markings very well placed. This is important because if an African penguin is not made with accuracy it would result hard to distinguish it from a Humboldt penguin. However, the Schleich figure is more atractive, perhaps. I have the African penguin from Safari, the finishing is the typical from the brand, a very shiny black painting that you can see in my poor flashy picture. Also the lines that outline the spliting from black and white parts are very visible and unpleasant.
Head is correctly marked though not very well painted. Very Happy This is surely a swimming penguin , once it is not usual to see an African penguin sliding, I guess. Laughing The choice for that pose is surely to the figure doesn't result too similar with the 1997 Humboldt penguin. Idea

Safari 2007 African penguin

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Schleich African Penguin   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm

great new penguin. i wish i could add him but i must stick to my top 14 new animals this year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 am

I've just made a walkaround comparison topic between the COLORATA and SCHLEICH [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich African Penguin   Today at 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Schleich African Penguin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1