Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:48 pm

January is usually Schleich-time, but a collector`s life doesn`t stop Wink
I already showed a few from Bullyland, and hope to show a few Safaris later.
Here is a little mixed flock of other additions, - I love each and every one Wink

First of all, the most fantastic surprise !!!!
A parcel arrived from France. Completely unexpected !
From Christophe, the abolutely marvellous wolly rhino from Papo cheers
I know we have already seen a walkaround, but I just have to show you again Laughing
He absolutely wanted to sniff the Danish snow Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But his new Mom soon got cold and stiff fingers. so we continued the photo session indoors Very Happy

Another wonderful surprise : A beautyful, African AAA-elefant from Simone ( Sortepletter) cheers

Of course she must keep her fine, red bow on. My old AAAfant is quite jeloux. Perhaps I should give her a bow, too scratch

Another AAA-addition. A wood turtle from Torben`s collection Very Happy

I never can resist a turtle, and this one is beautyful. just look at the pattern on his shell !

This sloth also came from Torben. He is quite large and hollow.
I have several of the same type of material, does anyone know the brand ?

And two from McDonalds :
Gosh, I couldn`t believe my luck ! From Yvette, the rare and beautyful Ptarmigan cheers

And a crocodile. Not rare, I think, but I never succeded to get him before alien

And a whole flock of Marx-models.
I already showed the new foxes.

I also got a silver deer, I adore him drunken

And two beavers, - I can never get too many beavers Laughing

Polar bears, - never seen a silver polar bear before Wink

Last, but not least !!!
From Amanda ( Goldeagle) came this stunning, lovely, beautyful velvety deer/elk !!!!!
One of my wishes came true, YESSS cheers

Thankyou 1000 times all my dear friends, - Christophe, Yvette, Simone, Torben and Amanda flower sunny
flower

...and I haven`t even shown what I got from Paige yet Wink

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

those are such lovely gifts Susanne. congrats. cheers
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Gosh, I only saw the Ptarmigan. The idea for maybe Mojo 2014!

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Fantastic deer sculpt, just like Christophe's Kudu cheers Sad(o)):

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Amazing new additions, I love that deer sunny I love you cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Very rare newcomers Susanne!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Congratulations Susanne!!! Beautiful additions! And rare too! That's fantastic!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Congrats Susanne, that turtle is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I bet Whooly Rino likes that snow, especially because its Danish Razz

I actually thought the turtle was a real living one, and thought maybe you were pulling a hoax, but then the picture below proved his true origin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Congrats! I love your deer! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 am

What lovely additions you received! I especially love the silver deer. I have the exact same deer except he is tan.
The foxes are cute too, love their poses and colors.
And of course I'm glad you like the flocked deer. Now I'll have to see if I can uncover my two weird versions of this deer, covered in red and purple with feathers on their necks. That's how they were made too.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 am

BIG congratulation Susanne cheers I especially love the MARX animals Sad(o)):

SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:01 am

Thankyou, dear friends flower

I enjoy so much reading your comments.
It is fun to see how different people prefer different models , - this is one of the reasons that this forum is never booring cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

And of course I'm glad you like the flocked deer. Now I'll have to see if I can uncover my two weird versions of this deer, covered in red and purple with feathers on their necks. That's how they were made too.

I can`t wait to see them bounce bounce Laughing

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Fantastic additions, Susanne! Very Happy
MArx figures are specially well sculpted. I have them in white and I love them. Very Happy
I think it is not the first time you see a silver polar bear once it is a grizzly according with Willy and Tim, I am still convinced that it is an American black bear. Very Happy
The deer is excelent, mainly body, it is a white tailed deer, maybe a mule deer, not sure too. The beaver is also identifiable, the standing pose is more characteristic of the American species what is logical as long as Marx is a North American brand.
Otheres are also nice, mainly the McDonalds bird, a species rarely seen. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm

I can`t wait to see them bounce bounce Laughing

Found them, Hope you don't mind if I post them here:
They are a bit smaller and are rough with sparkles that they love to shed everywhere, not flocked like the regular one is. Also I just noticed the antlers are black.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 pm

They are awesome cheers cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Where on earth did you find them ? Laughing Laughing

Yes, yes, of course it is ok that you show them here, I LOVE it when we get comparing/additional pictures.
It makes the forum SO much more interesting Very Happy

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

They are awesome cheers cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Where on earth did you find them ? Laughing Laughing

Yes, yes, of course it is ok that you show them here, I LOVE it when we get comparing/additional pictures.
It makes the forum SO much more interesting Very Happy

I got them at a bookstore called Borders that recently went out of business due to poor management. They were marked as Christmas decorations. They also have gold and blue fawns but I'm not certain where I packed those.
Personally I think they look like they are ready to go to Las Vegas lol!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 am

Big congratulations to you Susanne on so many great newcomers! cheers
I think the Marx bear is indeed a brown bear, or grizzly in the USA, the shape doesn't suit for a black bear as Rogerio mentioned, but ok, it is possible to. Laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 pm

I think the Marx bear is indeed a brown bear, or grizzly in the USA, the shape doesn't suit for a black bear as Rogerio mentioned, but ok, it is possible to. Laughing

Willy, it is nice to have again the chance of discussing that figure with you. Very Happy The Marx figure is officially a grizzly bear. So you are right. Also, the large foread and pointed muzzle show that they wanted to make this animal. :)
My insistence, is useless, I am actually trying to show that they used the body shape of an American black bear. The animal doesn't have a hump like a grizzly, the profile is typoical of an American black bear and the back is also not massive enough for a Grizzly. However it is a Grizzly, you know perfectly that most part of brands concentrate their efforts on head sculpting, as I usually comment, a beautiful face/head with a bizarre body makes an apealing figure, the opposite is not true, it doesn't matter to most people how good is the general figure as long as head is not good enough. monkey cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 pm

I agree, it seems it is a Black bear with grizzly head scratch After the Pizzly, maybe we are watching the first barizzly or Grizribal ? Laughing

Golseagles, your two Ladeer Gaga are incredible cheers

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Golseagles, your two Ladeer Gaga are incredible cheers

Haha, thanks! Very Happy
I think I'm going to start calling them that. "Ladeer Gaga, live in concert." Maybe the real Lady Gaga could use them in a photo for her next album art. lol!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:28 am

Willy, it is nice to have again the chance of discussing that figure with you. Very Happy The Marx figure is officially a grizzly bear. So you are right. Also, the large foread and pointed muzzle show that they wanted to make this animal. :)
My insistence, is useless, I am actually trying to show that they used the body shape of an American black bear. The animal doesn't have a hump like a grizzly, the profile is typoical of an American black bear and the back is also not massive enough for a Grizzly. However it is a Grizzly, you know perfectly that most part of brands concentrate their efforts on head sculpting, as I usually comment, a beautiful face/head with a bizarre body makes an apealing figure, the opposite is not true, it doesn't matter to most people how good is the general figure as long as head is not good enough. monkey cheers

I think it has to do with the time they were made in, and the awereness of how an animal looks exactly was not very clear to most people.
A bear was just a bear, only polarbears were different, and even they looked much like white brown bears most of the time. Shocked

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 am

I think it has to do with the time they were made in, and the awereness of how an animal looks exactly was not very clear to most people.
A bear was just a bear, only polarbears were different, and even they looked much like white brown bears most of the time. Shocked

well, I don't know about this Marx serie ? Those models have been made by a very good wildlife sculptor. The American wildlife series by MARX are really serious models even for modern eyes. IMHO it is not only a matter of time, some companies were more on the accuracy point than others.

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

I also find Marx figures very well sculpted. The ambiuous sculpting of the bear and the white-tail with antlers pointed outwards, don't turn them bad figures for sure. Very Happy
Also it is not surely a question of when they were made. There are good and bad works in every periods of the animal toy history. Very Happy
A recent example is the first generation of Safari figures: Here the same bear in black and brown in a not very interesting sculpting. Safari just turned the brand with best bear sculptings in my opinion. Only the painting don't give them justice.

1st generation of Safari bears

Back to top Go down
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 am

Sorry to comment so late! Congratulations on your fine additions, Susanne!

I really like the woolly rhino. It looks so much better than the official pictures.

The silver deer is gorgeous<3

The sloth looks a bit like the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (the set in the right corner) but with different paintjob. But I guess that many China-companies use the same moulds.. :) Anyway, it's really nice!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)   Today at 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Susannes mixed addition, jan 13, - Papo, AAA, marx, McDonald and NN :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next