Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The shires 2013

Go down 
+13
SyLoBe
Elros Alvar
bojan
Roger
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
Kristie
Ana
Carola
ReinbowSchleich
Saarlooswolfhound
Taylcoel
widukind
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Carola was asking for more pictures of the new Shires.
Værsgo, Carola, her er lidt hestebilleder  Very Happy

Of course I will be happy if others take a look also  Laughing  Laughing

Here we have the whole family.
In general the heads are too large, but that is Schleich for you, isn`t it ?
One should think they were not from the same brand, as they are made from very differnet material, - or perhaps it is because my stallion is from China and the others from Germany  scratch
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The stallion is a beautyful model, but IMHO he is not powerful for a shire stallion.
The only thing that is large is his head  Rolling Eyes
Even his testicles are so small, that he would not be approved for stud, I am sure  Shocked

He is made from a very soft, rubbery material, which I think I have never seen in a Schleich model before.

He has a very nice head, if only it suited the body better.

Here we have the mare. Her body build is better, as I think a Shire should be .

Why does she have yellow "beard" ?
This is a downright error, - the beard does NOT have the same colour as mane/tail, shame on you, Schleich  Suspect

She has the largest muzzle I have ever seen in a horse , - and PINK  Shocked

The material is not bendable as the material of the stallion, but the surface is sort of chalky.
To me this is the worst, it gives me goose flesh to touch her  affraid

The chalky skin get dirty very easily. She has been lying in her klastic bag, and only taken out for photograpy, still somehow she got something black on her from somewhere , and I can`t get it off  Crying or Very sad
Perhaps I put her down on a newspaper ? pale  

But let`s see the filly and give this story a happy end .
I think she is absolutely wonderful  cheers

Look at her, she is probably about 3 months old, and shedding her fuzzy baby-coat !
I have never seen that in a model befor, and I am absolutely in LOVE with this little girl  I love you  I love you
The only minus is that the tail is white, - it should be the same colour as the mane .
In a foal there can be quite some white hairs in the tail of a bay, but the tail is clearly black.

Isn`t she a sweetheart ?  cheers

Thankyou for looking.
I hope I have not been too harsh, y`all are very wellcome to disagree  Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Congratulations Susanne!! Nice newcomers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Congratulations! cheers Thankyou so much for the pictures because i wanted to know how big the shire staillion was against the foal Very Happy

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:25 pm

I love the foal, I really like the stallion, but wish is head was smaller. As far as his male parts the are probably smaller because Schleich probably gets complaints from people claiming that they are too "revealing" or whatever for children. I like the mare better than in her catalog pic, but she still isn't my favorite model. But that little foal is really cute, and I like how they made her hair look like it is shedding its baby fur. That is one thing I like that Schleich is doingnow, little cow licks and things in their models hair, and you can see how the fur changes direction. COngrats on your new models Susanne, and great pics.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm

I have not seen the Shires in person yet,but looking at your pictures...I like them Very Happy I am sad to here about the Shire mares chalky-nis Crying or Very sad But I just know i'll buy her anyway Rolling Eyes I love the pinking on her nose and I LOVE the foal! The baby fur shedding is so realistic! And for the stallion...let's just say he's not my favorite.I don't like his coat color,it looks to dusty and not glossy/shiny like real ones,but maybe he just took a roll (again,i'll prob still get it).

Last edited by HorseFriendzy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Tusind tak Susanne cheers Thanks a lot Susanne, for these great pictures and comments/opinions. They do tell a lot, as I've had these very mixed feelings about these new shires. It's such a shame that Schleich has to make those way too big heads, since it doesn't add anything to the figure, even a clever kid would notice the disproportion I think.

That the stallion suddently is bendy concerns me, quite a lot. I hope it's a one-timer.. I really like the hard material of the Schleich models these days. To me it gives them a feel of being collectibles. But that's just me. Being bendy might also require the paint to be special, since I suppose it could crack if it does not have the ability to be strecthed...

Beside that, the stallion isn't attractive to me. In the pictures the disproportion of the head makes him look like a cartoon character.. Not that there's anything wrong with that.. Just I thought Schleich were going for at least more realism than cartoonish.. And then I come to think of the ol' shire stallion, who I think posseses that power you speak of Susannne. Even though the new guy runs fast with windy hair, the ol' guy's gonna win the race...

The mare is somehow growing on me, and I look very much forward to when she reaches the stores, so I can see her in person. She's a cartoon too, but it's so obvious I may forgive that, and as mentioned in another thread, she does look like a fairy horse who, for some unknown reason, escaped and jumped into Schleich human world... The model is quite provocative, and seems to devide the crowd, which I kind of like. (Maybe I should go watch some "Glamour", since it seems I lack the drama Razz )

Now the foal is very sweet, and she seems to add something new to the group of Schleich foals.

Here's Álvaros photo from another thread. I think it's quite relevant and interesting. I hope it's ok I post it on here Álvaro Rolling Eyes

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Hi friends this is the scale of all the schleich horses.

Lady Shire is HUGE affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

Ohh, I love the foal, I think I will buy it too Very Happy What a lovely idea with this fur bounce Thank You for shairing great photos of this family Susanne! Very Happy sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Thankyou, friends cheers

It makes me very happy that the pictures are useful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Carola wrote:
... The model is quite provocative, and seems to devide the crowd, which I kind of like.

You are right, a good discussion reminds us that we are different, and that is making this forum alive Wink

Good idea to add Alvaro`s picture ! I am sure it is ok drunken

Kristie

Kristie

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Congrats on the new Shires, Susanne! :) It is good to see photos of them in person.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Congrats! They are lovely! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Susanne, thanks for presenting these controversial Schleich figures. As I suspected, the cartoonish and fantasied mare will be a success and very appreciated among general buyers and also collectors. There is a kind of hidden love for that figure. She was not made to be realistic, she was made to look cute and pretty. Every detail of that figure is studied to give an actrative fantasied looking, so I don't think in these mistakes as mistakes but only as pure exercises of design that are traditional in toy industry. They will work, of course anyone will find a good excuse to buy it when the real excuse is the most acceptable of all. When we buy a figure it is because we like it, isn't it? Very Happy
My only problem is that when these exercises are successful, it means that the brand will continue towards the toyish and fantasied way and people can say good bye to realistic Schleich horses. They will continue being the best loved but not the best for sure. Very Happy
It is also a shame that Schleich is saving in manufacturing quality, I think this stallion is more expensive than others and with a lesser quality, that is really dangerous for the brand. CollectA horses are getting the atention of traditional Schleich collectors and only the material is being an obstacle to these figures once the sculpting and poses are much better in my opinion.
Honestly, I like the action of this animal, if the head was smaller and the chest more powerful, all the figure would win a lot with it, the strength of the creature would result more noticiable and I am sure that the collectors that love a childish looking on figures would appreciate it better too.
The fur detail of the foal is really great. I like that particular characteristic of the figure. flower Very Happy

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Roger wrote:

My only problem is that when these exercises are successful, it means that the brand will continue towards the toyish and fantasied way and people can say good bye to realistic Schleich horses. They will continue being the best loved but not the best for sure. Very Happy
It is also a shame that Schleich is saving in manufacturing quality, I think this stallion is more expensive than others and with a lesser quality, that is really dangerous for the brand. CollectA horses are getting the atention of traditional Schleich collectors and only the material is being an obstacle to these figures once the sculpting and poses are much better in my opinion.

You pretty much summed up my mixed feelings towards Schleich at the moment. I've been a very loyal Schleich fan for a very long time, almost twenty years. There was a time when I regarded Schleich models as the best. Especially in the early to mid-noughties, when I could see their progressive improvement in quality year after year. But it's been a few years now that I see the quality is somehow decreasing. Some new figures are amazing compared to their older counterparts - but many others have such awkward proportions, not to mention they are so easily damaged/scratched now.

For me it's only a matter of time. I'll continue buying Schleichs for as long as they keep up with my quality and realism standards and I can't find anything better. But meanwhile I'm keeping my eye open and brands willing to put more care into their figures will most definitely find in me a happy buyer and collector.

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:16 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

You are right, a good discussion reminds us that we are different, and that is making this forum alive Wink

Yes indeed, and it can be quite healthy also I think, to hear someones opposite opinion and why they think so, and allow oneself to actually listen. I've learned alot from that. I mean also, in real life Razz

Roger wrote:
Susanne, thanks for presenting these controversial Schleich figures. As I suspected, the cartoonish and fantasied mare will be a success and very appreciated among general buyers and also collectors. There is a kind of hidden love for that figure. She was not made to be realistic, she was made to look cute and pretty. Every detail of that figure is studied to give an actrative fantasied looking, so I don't think in these mistakes as mistakes but only as pure exercises of design that are traditional in toy industry. They will work, of course anyone will find a good excuse to buy it when the real excuse is the most acceptable of all. When we buy a figure it is because we like it, isn't it? Very Happy

All that manipulation and psychology which you speak of is very interesting, and is a thing we got to keep in mind, unless one like to be seduced ofcourse.. But aren't we all seduced by each figure we choose, realistic looking or not? Rolling Eyes

There's another thing though. I've got an impression of, that people here (myself is no exception), can be very attracted to a figure that is in many ways absolutely horrible.

But certainly is seems Schleich has a cuteness spree going on.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 am

Carola wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Yes indeed, and it can be quite healthy also I think, to hear someones opposite opinion and why they think so, and allow oneself to actually listen. I've learned alot from that. I mean also, in real life Razz

Roger wrote:

All that manipulation and psychology which you speak of is very interesting, and is a thing we got to keep in mind, unless one like to be seduced ofcourse.. But aren't we all seduced by each figure we choose, realistic looking or not? Rolling Eyes

There's another thing though. I've got an impression of, that people here (myself is no exception), can be very attracted to a figure that is in many ways absolutely horrible.

But certainly is seems Schleich has a cuteness spree going on.

Surely we can and should feel atracted for a figure even when it is not accurate. I feel it too. If on next time I visit a Schleich shop with my niece, if she sees that mare and wants it I'll do anything to demote her from that idea. I'll surely buy it. flower
However, if she asks me what breed is it, I'll reply that this is a Shire. If she asks me how do I know it, I'll say that I've read it on catalogue. :lol:The focus of that figure is on cuteness, lovely eyes, colors, braids, pink ribbons, not in the most important that is a wonderful horse. So a Shire is a white horse with braids. flower
Why is it wrong? Schleich describe their figures on catalogues as realistic and result of carefull researches. Actually, most are closer to toyish series than animal replicas. They are interesting to captivate young people to this world but I'm not sure of their educational value. I love much more real things than fantasied. I believe that a good and realistic figure is more atractive and educative than a romanticized figure. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 am

Roger wrote:

.... Schleich describe their figures on catalogues as realistic and result of carefull researches. Actually, most are closer to toyish series than animal replicas.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I can imagine that research Laughing

Carola

Carola

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Roger wrote:

Why is it wrong? Schleich describe their figures on catalogues as realistic and result of carefull researches. Actually, most are closer to toyish series than animal replicas. They are interesting to captivate young people to this world but I'm not sure of their educational value. I love much more real things than fantasied. I believe that a good and realistic figure is more atractive and educative than a romanticized figure. flower

If Schleich is saying that out loud and directly, yes, then I agree very much, there's something wrong here with their policy. (Like with the new seals, they are cute in real life - but not THAT cute...)

Well, the braids are realistic, when googling horse braids, there seems no limit how crazy those horse owners can be with their decoration. The biggest problem here has to be the way too large head...
And as Susanne mentions, the 'beard' should have been white. Bad research Schleich! - even having in mind how many horses they've made over the years...

White Shire from Google:

And Susannes Shire lady:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes, now see also the narrow chest and expressiveless legs. I know the CollectA Shire mare is not as prety because it is not white but compare proportions, chest, muscular expression. Very Happy
Daria's collection picture

Carola

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Those CollectAs look Amazing! But it looks like they could have better paint. The black one though is Shocked I love you drunken ME WANT bounce The realism in the sculpt here is far FAR better than the Schleich. No forced cuteness.

As you've mentioned before, Roger, I see the point in Schleich horse collectors being interested in the CollectAs. The models are really neat, also the upcoming 1213s look very promising, with dynamic poses and a lot of life. They seem to have an elegance that the Schleich lack.

I wish CollectAs were available in a store near me, but unfortunately they're very hard to find... Then I'll have to go online as the very last solution.

Thank you for openening my eyes with this pic. Looks like CollectAs are better than what I used to believe.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Black Collecta Shire is beautiful. For the Schleich white princess, I checked at our store today and the German made is made of hard plastic like the Hannoverian mare, not soft like made of China. Not just the accuracy of the models, the biggest concern is the quality of the materials.

ReinbowSchleich

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

White Shire horses can have color on their "chin fur".And if the pink rubber bands in her braids REALLY bother you,put black paint over it or something Wink Also I don't think Schleich has gone to much cutesy,I really like the Shire mare,she is realistic because people do braid horse manes in real life ya know.Just pretend a girl owns her :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Congrats Siusanne but Your Shire is diferent scratch scratch Is made in Germany?? :)

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Congrats Siusanne but Your Shire is diferent scratch scratch Is made in Germany?? :)

The stallion is made in China, the two others in Germany Wink

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:

The stallion is made in China, the two others in Germany Wink

Ok Thanks you And Did You know if the elves and knights can be made in germany?? scratch

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 pm

Here's Álvaros photo from another thread. I think it's quite relevant and interesting. I hope it's ok I post it on here Álvaro Rolling Eyes

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Hi friends this is the scale of all the schleich horses.

Lady Shire is HUGE affraid

Ok Good Idea Wink

*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Carola wrote:
Those CollectAs look Amazing! But it looks like they could have better paint. The black one though is Shocked I love you drunken ME WANT bounce The realism in the sculpt here is far FAR better than the Schleich. No forced cuteness.

As you've mentioned before, Roger, I see the point in Schleich horse collectors being interested in the CollectAs. The models are really neat, also the upcoming 1213s look very promising, with dynamic poses and a lot of life. They seem to have an elegance that the Schleich lack.

I wish CollectAs were available in a store near me, but unfortunately they're very hard to find... Then I'll have to go online as the very last solution.

Thank you for openening my eyes with this pic. Looks like CollectAs are better than what I used to believe.

You're welcome. CollectA figures would be superb if their manufacturing quality was similar to what Schleich used us some years ago. Yesterday I watched in real the Shire mare and no doubts it is a huge exercise of childish cuteness. Of course the figure will result very atractive to young children but far from the realism we can see on CollectA Shire. I think Schleich didn't want to make it realistic but only atractive. The figure is somewhat soft like CollectA figures and it is huge as we can see on Alvaro picture. No surprise once we are talking about Shires. Very Happy
The curious point is that I've found it in a kiosk where we need to ask the owner to show it on our hands once they are in a display that we cannot reach. I asked for the large white horse and the owner to confirm my request asked:
- you mean the Barbie horse? Laughing It was funny to hear because many of us used that designation here and someone not related with collecting had the same feeling. flower
Good or not is already a remarkable figure and will not pass indifferent in this hobby. Very Happy

The shires 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

The shires 2013
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next