Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Blue Whale 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cwaterfield

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Does anyone have any photos of the new Blue Whale for 2013?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greyfeatherphotography.com
trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm

its not out yet it will come out in may though
Back to top Go down
schleichsammler2008

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Yes it will be out in may and I'm so sad, that there are no pics from the Toy Fair in London this year!

P.S. The initial release of the key - look at it
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:01 pm

But on the 30sth January is the toy fair in Nürnberg then a team go make photos for us cheers
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm hoping it'll be a little bit bigger than the orca. I didn't like how the old orca was about half of the size of the gray, humpback and sperm whales.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 pm

Size of the sea animals at Gascher's website:

blue whale 22cm
orca 18cm
sea turtle 12cm
white shark 12cm
manta ray 12cm
blue shark 10cm
dolphin 9cm

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Size of the sea animals at Gascher's website:

blue whale 22cm
orca 18cm
sea turtle 12cm
white shark 12cm
manta ray 12cm
blue shark 10cm
dolphin 9cm

Thanks! I do understand that they can't make it that much larger than the orca, maybe the paint job will make up for the size?
Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 am

Hi all

I took photos from the Toy Fair - I visited last thursday and met with Papo, Schleich and CollectA who visited for the first time. I will post photos in the next day or so I promise - I took too many and none are of the highest quality.

What I can say is that I am a little disappointed with the Schleich sealife range - the models are almost the same replicas of the recently retired ones except for the new blue whale and turtle. AND they are all smaller and made of a softer rubber plastic! What is going on!

THe Blue whale is also quite small and I was hoping for it to be in the same scale as the recently retired humpback whale but alas it is not...oh well..will post photos soon!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Numaan, Our wonderful toyfair spy cheers cheers cheers

I can`t wait to see pictures, - thankyou , thankyou in advance Sad(o)):

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi all

I took photos from the Toy Fair - I visited last thursday and met with Papo, Schleich and CollectA who visited for the first time. I will post photos in the next day or so I promise - I took too many and none are of the highest quality.

What I can say is that I am a little disappointed with the Schleich sealife range - the models are almost the same replicas of the recently retired ones except for the new blue whale and turtle. AND they are all smaller and made of a softer rubber plastic! What is going on!

THe Blue whale is also quite small and I was hoping for it to be in the same scale as the recently retired humpback whale but alas it is not...oh well..will post photos soon!

Thank you! Softer rubber plastic similar to the Bullyland's "soft play" figures or like Safari Ltd.'s Wild Safari Sealife figures? As I've said before, I was also hoping that they would make the blue whale in the same scale as the retired humpback, but would any of the shops be willing to stock it as it would probably take up alot of room?
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 am

bummer. but not surprising.
Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:37 pm

The moulding quality is superb as usual, the disappointment was the size of the whale and the plastic used to make the entire sea range - they were all made in china and from a slightly softer rubber which was much lighter.

I really hoped we would have a large blue whale model in the similar scale to oh well. Photos now posted on another thread so check it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:49 pm

The moulding quality is superb as usual, the disappointment was the size of the whale and the plastic used to make the entire sea range - they were all made in china and from a slightly softer rubber which was much lighter.

I really hoped we would have a large blue whale model in the similar scale to oh well. Photos now posted on another thread so check it out Very Happy

Thank you! I figured the blue whale would've been the same size as the orca (or alittle bigger) because there wasn't that much difference in price. I just hope the plastic isn't too soft to where it'll break easy.
Back to top Go down
cwaterfield

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi all

Can you link me to the thread with these photos in :) Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.greyfeatherphotography.com
stef1000

Country/State : Haaksbergen, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am

Here is a pic
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stef cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Whale 2013   Today at 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down