Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this a Fallow deer ?

Go down 
+4
widukind
Sumo
Roger
dlfrogman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

Is this a Fallow deer ? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Found it on pinterest and was wondering if anyone knew  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:37 pm

A fallow deer? rendeer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Yup, I'm going to go with fallow too. They have a lot of variation in color, there are even melanistic individuals (AFAIK otherwise almost nonexistent in cervinae). Really cool-looking animals, and yet another "unpopular" species in the model world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 pm

i think so Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Very unusual colour, and VERY beautyful Very Happy

I vote for fallow deer also drunken

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 am

Yes, a fallow deer. There are many variations of fallow deer. I have seen this color in zoos, but very rarely.
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 am

I love it very beautiful and majestic....
Back to top Go down
Lisanette

Lisanette

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Its a Red Deer (Kronhjort in danish). I wish they would make a Fallow too (Dådyr in danish). The Fallows antlers are a bit more shovelish. Red Deer Wiki

I have started to collect all the danish wildlife animals. Missing Fallow and Sika - got Red and Roe of the deers.

EDIT: I am way to tired. I looked at the red deer avatar, not the linked foto. >.< Just going back to my toddler, and bury myself for not getting my facts straigth. >.< I have no clue what that beatiful creature with a bit shovelish pair of antlers is. Sorry.

Last edited by Lisanette on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Lisanette wrote:
Its a Red Deer (Kronhjort in danish). I wish they would make a Fallow too (Dådyr in danish). The Fallows antlers are a bit more shovelish. Red Deer Wiki

I have started to collect all the danish wildlife animals. Missing Fallow and Sika - got Red and Roe of the deers.

Thanks for the information and welcome here sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lisanette

Lisanette

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks. Made a pic from wiki images:
Back to top Go down
Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 am

Are there any fallow deer figures? They are so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

Thankyou for the beautyful pictures, Lisanette cheers

Isabeau wrote:
Are there any fallow deer figures? They are so beautiful.

Yes ! Bullyland made one last year. Unfortunately it is a rather large model ( 6,2 cm over the shoulder), but very nice Very Happy

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Lisanette wrote:

EDIT: I am way to tired. I looked at the red deer avatar, not the linked foto. >.< Just going back to my toddler, and bury myself for not getting my facts straigth. >.< I have no clue what that beatiful creature with a bit shovelish pair of antlers is. Sorry.
Welcome here! Very Happy That is fine, everyone makes mistakes. Fallow deer are known for their wide antlers. This process is called palmation. In younger fallow deer bucks, the antlers are not palmated, and look a bit like elk antlers. In more mature, old bucks, the antlers begin to palmate, sometimes, and very rarely, developing a double palm, where the antler produces two palms, one over the other. Near where I live, there are some captive fallow deer and elk in a large outdoor enclosure. I hope this helped! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Fallow deer ?   Is this a Fallow deer ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a Fallow deer ?
Page 1 of 1