Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

GoldEagle's 2013 Additions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions (Updated March 8th)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 pm

I have been getting some new animals (and also rediscovering some old treasures) over the past few weeks and wanted to share my newcommers...

First, some old friends from my childhood, found in an old box out in the workshop, I thought I had gotten rid of them long ago.
Here are my old Safari Ltd vanishing wild, Snow Leopard, Zebra foal, Bear cub and timber wolf male (soon to have a huge wolf family)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few more old treasures, AAA snow wolf cubs, finally reunited with their howling father! As well as some no name cartoon-like huskies.

Now for the new figures

Nayab and a similar china company cervines and wild canines and the little nayab owl

Safari LTD wolves, deer and the north american wildlife toob (well part of it). I have been searching for the buck and fawn for their lonely doe mother/wife for a long time! I finally caved and got the WW wolf too, he was just so beautiful!

Finally found the lovely papo fox and she-wolf, along with the schleich wolves and the wonderful bullyland raven Andreas was so kind as to help me get from ebay.de! Thanks again! Very Happy

Some various brands: The Noah's pals Muntjac and coyote couples, Marx Deer, some K&M and a really tiny version of the flocked elk.

Some AAA: Large eagle, female cougar, stalking hyena, smaller howling brown wolf and running fawn.

And Finally, one of the gems of my additions, this fierce she-icewolf!

She is very pose-able, but sometimes needs help standing then.

Roar! I think her fierceness is only rivaled by the chap mei wolf!

Sit! Good girl! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 pm

SO many lovely models, - that Ice-wolf is WONDERFUL cheers

I am so happy that you like the Papo-fox. Lots of people say he is not accurate, but I think he is both cute and interesting and very foxy looking Very Happy

Those little American Animals, are they from the Safari toob ?

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Very interesting figures and stories! Very Happy
Many wolves, even a small version of the Arctic wolf. Very Happy
I think the famous Chap Mei cannot rivalize with this wolf full of pose-abilities! Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
SO many lovely models, - that Ice-wolf is WONDERFUL cheers

I am so happy that you like the Papo-fox. Lots of people say he is not accurate, but I think he is both cute and interesting and very foxy looking Very Happy

Those little American Animals, are they from the Safari toob ?

Thanks Susanne! I agree, the ice wolf is amazing, even if it isn't realistic looking. Wish I knew her brand to see if they made other wolves, but alas, she has no markings, not even "made in china". The person who sold her to me didn't know either.
I think the papo fox has a lot of foxy charm, like you said, plus I simply had to get him before he is gone for good, he is being replaced this year (though I am sure you know)
Yup, they are part of a new north american toob by safari, there is also a mountain goat, bear, otter, raccoon, buffalo and beaver, but they went into my trading pile as I don't collect those species.

Very interesting figures and stories! Very Happy
Many wolves, even a small version of the Arctic wolf. Very Happy
I think the famous Chap Mei cannot rivalize with this wolf full of pose-abilities! Laughing

Thanks! I have been wolf crazy lately, they are just such amazing creatures!
Haha! Perhaps you are right, well hopefully ice she-wolf and chap mei wolf can be friends then. Maybe he can even be her husband when I find him someday Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Wow, so many wonderful newcomers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Your collection has been very busy! Congrats on all your new additions!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 am

Congratulation Very Happy

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 am

Haha! Perhaps you are right, well hopefully ice she-wolf and chap mei wolf can be friends then. Maybe he can even be her husband when I find him someday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laughing Laughing Good idea, let me know how puppies will look like. bounce bounce affraid affraid

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm

A belated thanks to Andreas, Saarlooswolfhound and Kiki for the kind comments! Very Happy

A few more figures, mostly from the UK, found themselves in my mail this morning:

ELC/AAA Red Deer, Fallow Deer and a small unknown brand cartoon-ish Fallow Deer who looks like he wants to grow another set of spike antlers on his forehead! Laughing Does anyone recognize him or know his brand?
This red deer had got to be one of my favorite deer of all time, his pose and sculpt are so great, and I just love his nice big antlers!

ELC snowy owl (a repaint of their eagle owl) and Toy Major eagle owl(?) not exactly certain on its species. Both have poseable wings but are a little hard to photograph as their feet cause them to stand with their heads toward the ground.

I can never resist a cute family of the Safari LTD vanishing wild wolves, even though I am still expecting another grey and white wolf family from Germany. I am going to have to give them their own shelf soon! With the two stalking females you can tell the difference between figures cast and painted in the beginning verses figures cast and painted towards the end of the VW line.

And finally a real gem, the large, very solid Snowy owl by AAA/ELC! He reminds me a lot of the real snowy owl that used to sit on a telephone pole near my house a few winters ago and hunt mice in the farm fields.

Back, love the sculpt and paint detail on the feathers!

Size comparison with the largest AAA eagle and Safari LTD WW eagle. Maybe safari will do a WW snowy owl someday Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Beautiful additions, I love these birds Sad(o)): cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Deer looks really great, snowy owl is also a very nice figure and of course all others. Very Happy
Interesting that someone repainted an eagle owl in a snowy owl. Snowy owls have feather "ears" but never pointed upwards like in an eagle owl. It gives an unusual appearance to this custom. Very Happy
I like that AAA birds have long wings and not short wings like we see in many major brands. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Wonderful additions Amanda!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Beautiful additions, I love these birds Sad(o)): cheers cheers

Thanks Fisva!

Deer looks really great, snowy owl is also a very nice figure and of course all others. Very Happy
Interesting that someone repainted an eagle owl in a snowy owl. Snowy owls have feather "ears" but never pointed upwards like in an eagle owl. It gives an unusual appearance to this custom. Very Happy
I like that AAA birds have long wings and not short wings like we see in many major brands. Very Happy

I don't think the snowy owl is a custom, I think AAA decided to release its eagle owl figure as snowy as well. I have seen quite a few of these figures on ebay UK. I suppose they decided to leave the mold alone instead of spend more money to make an owl without the "ears" up.
I love the realistic big wings too, only problem is having enough space to display them all!

Wonderful additions Amanda!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Andreas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Grea new additions! I didn't know AAA made these deer, now I have some figures added to my wishlist. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 am

Grea new additions! I didn't know AAA made these deer, now I have some figures added to my wishlist. Congrats!

Thanks, they are actually marked ELC on the bottom, but I have heard that AAA made a lot of animals for ELC so it might have been made by them.
Your best bet would probably be searching under "ELC animal" on ebay UK. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 am

very interesting newies , all are simply fabulous treasures . Congratulations Sad(o)): Where in the world you found that AAA eagle with spread wings ?

aahhh....and those VW Wolf pack is just Fantastic set. Even I completed my VW wolf pack . [ I received couple of days back howling wolf variant , female wolf and wolf cub along with soem great other VW animals cheers sunny can't wait to post it soon in Safari ltd. section bounce ]

I am crazy about the VW series of animals ....so vintagish and classic , isn't it ???
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:01 am

very interesting newies , all are simply fabulous treasures . Congratulations Sad(o)): Where in the world you found that AAA eagle with spread wings ?

aahhh....and those VW Wolf pack is just Fantastic set. Even I completed my VW wolf pack . [ I received couple of days back howling wolf variant , female wolf and wolf cub along with soem great other VW animals cheers sunny can't wait to post it soon in Safari ltd. section bounce ]

I am crazy about the VW series of animals ....so vintagish and classic , isn't it ???

Thanks Dr.Narayanan!
Yes I love the vanishing wild series, though The only ones from that set I'd want to get is the wolves, which I have, and the oryx, which I hope to get someday as it was a childhood toy.

I found the AAA eagle on eBay.com. It pops up from time to time
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Some figures form trades and a purchase came in this weekend:

Schleich (Prowling wolves retired in 2002, the wolf retired in 2009, the elf and deer from the fanstay set and the Goose Neck Vulture) Very Happy

More of the Vanishing Wilds Wolf families in Arctic and Timber color variants, and a AAA wolf laying down.

Unknown China brand of nice looking animals, they are labeled with their name and china under their bellies. (the reindeer is mislabeled "Rain Deer" lol)

More unknown china figures (The small brown buck and moose are from the New Ray hunting sets I think), and an odd Tiger-Dog (possibly supposed to be a Thylacine)

A small pack of K&M brown wolves, more K&M pronghorn, Newray foxes and Topps fawn)
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 pm

A lot of wonderful new animals Amanda cheers cheers cheers Big congratulations cheers cheers cheers And a lot of animals that i never see before sunny sunny sunny

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 pm

A lot of wonderful new animals Amanda cheers cheers cheers Big congratulations cheers cheers cheers And a lot of animals that i never see before sunny sunny sunny

Thank you Andreas!! Very Happy
Which ones have you not seen before?
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:25 pm

The china deers and the lying wolf Very Happy

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Nice new additions! I love the white lying wolf I love you

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Nice new additions Sad(o)): That Goose vulture drunken drunken and those VW Wolf pack and AAA wolf sunny sunny

Others are also pretty cool esp. the new ray Fox
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Nice figures Amanda. The AAA wolf looks specially nice. Very Happy
Please, let me know if you find another fox like that, I still miss that fox in my foxes collection. bounce

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Great additions Amanda! I love those old Schleich Prowling Wolves. And your versions are very very nice! The new ray Moose and the Goose Vulture are also particular favorites of mine. But there are so many figures here that are fantastic. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoldEagle's 2013 Additions   Today at 12:48 am

Back to top Go down

GoldEagle's 2013 Additions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next