Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Is collect A marked with AAA?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
runfromturtles

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 pm

I am new to this collecting. I do a lot of thrift shopping and stumble upon animal replicas here and there. The most common ones that I find are Safari Ltd, and Schelic but I recently came across one with markings AAA and a circle around the a's. Do you know what brand this is? Or how I can spot a Collect A?

Thanks so much! Also, I assume the animals that are glued together aren't any of these major brands?
Back to top Go down
Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I am new to this collecting. I do a lot of thrift shopping and stumble upon animal replicas here and there. The most common ones that I find are Safari Ltd, and Schelic but I recently came across one with markings AAA and a circle around the a's. Do you know what brand this is? Or how I can spot a Collect A?

Thanks so much! Also, I assume the animals that are glued together aren't any of these major brands?

AAA is another manufacture of Animal replicas, and has nothing to do with CollectA

To spot a CollectA, just look on the botom of a figure for Procon, or CollectA
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 am

Welcome onf forum RFT! :)
Adding some information to Takama's. There is a link on top of our forum to Toy Animal Wiki, a database with information about several companies that produced or produces animal toy figures.
The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
There you can find also links to the respective sections of these brands on this forum.
You can find CollectA on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], an US online shop.
The brand is very hard to find locally in USA, I think locally you can also find Papo and Mojo Fun, they are usually sold in Hobby Lobby. Very Happy
Almost all figures have glued parts although they are not often visible. Papo is the brand that you can see better the seams but a very recomendable brand. Very Happy
I hope you enjoy on forum and that we have the chance of following the way your collection is taking. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
runfromturtles

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Welcome onf forum RFT! :)
Adding some information to Takama's. There is a link on top of our forum to Toy Animal Wiki, a database with information about several companies that produced or produces animal toy figures.
The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
There you can find also links to the respective sections of these brands on this forum.
You can find CollectA on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], an US online shop.
The brand is very hard to find locally in USA, I think locally you can also find Papo and Mojo Fun, they are usually sold in Hobby Lobby. Very Happy
Almost all figures have glued parts although they are not often visible. Papo is the brand that you can see better the seams but a very recomendable brand. Very Happy
I hope you enjoy on forum and that we have the chance of following the way your collection is taking. Very Happy

Not much of a collection right now. I am only buying used at thrift stores, and these figures are far and few between. I wish I was able to find one of the other brands, but for now just safari and schleic. I had no idea there were so many other brands that made these replicas, wow!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 am

Hello, hello, runfromturtles sunny
I hope the turtles aren`t too fast Wink
Wellcome here !

I understand how you feel. When I joined the forum I also had HEAPS of questions, - in Denmark we basicly only have Schleich, Schleich, Schleich Sleep

The very dangerous solution is to browse a bit on Ebay...but that is very dangerous to your wallet Laughing
For the not-retired models, TGF, as Roger said, is a very, very interesting on line shop Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am

Welcome here sunny sunny sunny

It is unbelievable that you also not find CollectA. Here in Germany too Very Happy Very Happy

But that can you see under the bottom by CollectA animals

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 pm

If I've understood correctly, some CollectA figures are sold under the brand Epixx Revell in Germany... ?

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:30 pm

It is a very good question. Very Happy
Checking on Toywiki [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I don`t get an ansver Suspect

As far as I think, the only name is ColletA now. The cataloges are made as CollectA-catalogues , so the others are probably old stock.

They were also sold under the name of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and probably some more ....

However ( most?) of these were moulded with the name Procon, the manufacturer, and only had the other names on the tag.
Later some tags had bothe Epixx and ColletA on the tag.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is collect A marked with AAA?   Today at 1:06 am

Back to top Go down

Is collect A marked with AAA?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1