Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rare horses?

Go down 
+2
widukind
emaimee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
emaimee

Country/State : portsmouth

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 19:09

hello
i was browsing a schleich shop and found that the following horses have been sold as rare horses, just wondering if they are rare or not because i paided around £5 for each
schleich arabian foal ( filly )
schleich black forest stallion
schleich clydesdale mare
schleich hanoverian mare
schleich knabstrupper foal suckling ( colt )
schleich lipizzaner foal ( colt )
schleich lipizzaner mare
schleich percheron stallion
schleich lipizzaner gelding

just wanted to clarify if i own any rare horses :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 20:20

Welcome here sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 20:29

They are not rare,but they are being retired this year (Pecheron was retired in 2011 and a little hard to find) :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 21:41

Hello, Emaimee, and wellcome here flower

Horsefriendzy is almost right Wink

schleich black forest stallion ...Did Schleich ever make a Black Forest pony ? ???? scratch
If you mean Dartmoore, he is still there Very Happy

schleich clydesdale mare Yes, it was the Clydesdale, that was retired last year.

ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 1:04

SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Emaimee, and wellcome here flower

Horsefriendzy is almost right Wink

schleich black forest stallion ...Did Schleich ever make a Black Forest pony ? ???? scratch
If you mean Dartmoore, he is still there Very Happy

schleich clydesdale mare Yes, it was the Clydesdale, that was retired last year.
I was gonna say the Clydesdale mare was retired in 2012,but I thought who cares Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 1:18

Welcome from Portugal! Very Happy
Unfortunately none of these figures is rare, only being retired or recently retired what is not enough to consider them rare or turn them more expensive. However, 5$ looks to me a regular price to these figures. How much do you pay for a Schleich horse? Maybe foals are a little expensive. If you use the Toy Animal Wiki link on top of this page you'll find all dates about Schleich figures, release year and when they were discontinued. Here goes a direct link flower
Though, several things need to be taken in consideration to find if a figure is rare or not and nobody know it better than some of the experts of our forum (not me) Laughing Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:37

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, they made 3 Black Forest horses (they are draught horses, not ponies Wink ), their original German name is Schwarzwalder Fuchs:

13663 Black Forest stallion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13664 Black Forest mare

13665 Black Forest yearling/foal - retired since January 2013

Black Forest Stallion is a regular, widely available model. Unless you bought a special model, almost identical but with breed branding on left hip. It was released in 2009 and limited to 3000 pieces:

82140 Black Forest stallion
source: *click

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 14:03

Ohh , of course !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I confused it with NEW Forest, because I never thougt of them as ponies , - and because we call them Schwarzwald-horses in Danish Rolling Eyes geek Embarassed

emaimee

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 16:58

Roger wrote:
Unfortunately none of these figures is rare, only being retired or recently retired what is not enough to consider them rare or turn them more expensive. However, 5$ looks to me a regular price to these figures. How much do you pay for a Schleich horse? Maybe foals are a little expensive. If you use the Toy Animal Wiki link on top of this page you'll find all dates about Schleich figures, release year and when they were discontinued. Here goes a direct link flower
Though, several things need to be taken in consideration to find if a figure is rare or not and nobody know it better than some of the experts of our forum (not me) Laughing Very Happy

i pay around £5 for adults and around £3 - 4 for foals or smaller models

thanks for all the help, thought i had a rare model but i guess not Crying or Very sad oh well thanks again
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 17:19

emaimee wrote:
Roger wrote:

i pay around £5 for adults and around £3 - 4 for foals or smaller models

thanks for all the help, thought i had a rare model but i guess not Crying or Very sad oh well thanks again

No reason to be sad, if you like them the price is not too expensive and important is how much we love a figure and not how rare it is. Very Happy Unless your only goal is to sell them later. scratch
I know many people that love them so surely you will find some joy having them in your hands. Very Happy

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 18:12

oh yes i am happy with them, their the closest things i have too a horse. and no my goal isn't to sell them later, whats the point?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 18:59

emaimee wrote:
oh yes i am happy with them, their the closest things i have too a horse. and no my goal isn't to sell them later, whats the point?

Very Happy I'm glad you're happy with them. Very Happy

rare horses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rare horses?   rare horses? Empty

Back to top Go down

rare horses?
Page 1 of 1