Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)

Go down 
+57
Anne from Norway
Saien
Drakulka
Rakel
Wilorvise
sauroid
JonasV
Tarunyada
Dum_my
Phexedrine
Jetty
costicuba
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Night Elf
Carola
koniminiatures
donny ong
sadie3112
sortepletter
scot(t)
blackdanter
Niki2811
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Florian
arafan
TheLastStardust
Fisva
SpiralStrix
ulinuk
Tove
Arnaud
boba_jagoda
NandO
NightLioness
A-J
animalluvr6
trevok4
landrover
LeeAnn
ReinbowSchleich
Katty
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Saarlooswolfhound
aandmkw
krista
Bloodrayne
bojan
Elros Alvar
widukind
Kikimalou
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
61 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) Empty
PostSubject: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi  I love you

I received my very first online purchase yesterday, and I'm very happy to finally show you  bounce  cheers
I'm usually not fond of buying a figure without holding it in my hands first and also pick the one with the best paintjob. But since it's extremely hard for me to find any other brand but Schleich around here, this was my only solution. And I'm very happy with the figures chosen for me nevertheless. Thanks MPV and Susanne for suggesting MPV.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CollectA Manatee is adorable, and I wanted her because manatees are just one of my favorite animals. I love this figure!

Then the Papo Lioness ... she's just WOW! I've seen so many pictures of her here on STS, and I wanted her so bad.. now she's here! So beautiful, so powerful.
Her material is a little softer than the Papo Cheetah and Schleich in general. Might be her only minus, if there is any!

And Mojo Fjord is adorable! I heard Ana is the sculptress  Very Happy That's just so cool! I love this lil mare so much, and she stands proud beside all of my Schleich. She is also my very first Mojo. I wish you all the best in the figurinebusiness, Ana, you deserve it  cheers

Then the baby Papo Brown Bear  Very Happy He looks a little evil in this Photo, but he really is incredibly cute, and that's why I chose him.

And THEN... At LAST!  Laughing ... The German Mistress of Controversy! ... I know she's probably soon going to be available in the shops near me, but i lost patience, and then I even got a Made in Germany version. I may only be able to find Chinese versions in the shops. I was also concerned about the quality, but it's hard plastic, just like we know of Schleich. Now not saying the German version is better than the Chinese.
Here together with her counterpart, the CollectA Shire Mare. And it is Roger who made me pay attention to the CollectA Mare, and I will only say Thank you, Roger  cheers She is fantastic! And i really like to set these two up against(or it it with Wink) eachother.

They are so different, but somehow they seem to compliment eachother as well. Or maybe it's just me wanting them to  Razz

Some nice behinds  Shocked

The Shleich Mare is like when being in love with the bad guy. I'm so obsessed and fascinated, I can't see his flaws, the pain he will cause, but deep in my heart, I know, it will never work out between us..

The CollectA Mare is truly a heavy beauty. She has a lot of spirit and power, she just blows one away. A very artistic and dynamic model, I think. Mine though, she tilts a bit to her left, but she stands well on her own despite that.

Last one is little CollectA Grizzly Cub. She's not from the MPV lot, but I found her in a bookshop, where they have a few CollectAs. She was all alone. I thought someone had to save her  Cool

Last edited by Carola on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 49 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Those are LOVELY news, Carole cheers
Take care now...buying online is addictive, and MPV has SO many beauties Rolling Eyes Laughing

You got some real wonderful critters, I love them all...not least the little lobely CoollectA-bear. Good he found a warm home with you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thankyou for the great pictures ! I hope the mares will find a happy love eventually Laughing

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Beautiful newcomers and I love the stories You see between them all Very Happy Especially Shire mares love story is so cute I love you It's easy to see that figures give You lot of joy, thank Yo for sharing it here bounce cheers Sad(o)):
Oh, and I'm glad You like Fjord mare, thank You for Your words Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you Susanne and Anna Very Happy

'The love story' though, wasn't ment as to be something between the two mares, but a description of how I feel towards the new Schleich Shire Mare Wink But I see that could be a nice story too with them ying and yang Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Very nice additions, specially the Fjord mare, she is fruit from our friend Ana talent and based in the beautiful Izzy from Kristie! A special figure to every STS member. Very Happy
My understanding of your mares dance is that Princess, a somewhat futile and inexperienced girl, is telling to Miss Queen, about the thriving and braided stallion she knew. I can see the twinkle in her big eyes! flower
Mature and wise Miss Queen looks replying: - beware, stallions are all equal, soon you'll get a foal and he gallops out of here! Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Congratulation Carola for your models, your pics, the love story... And for the great adventure to buy models online, your world is bigger now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 am

Roger wrote:

My understanding of your mares dance is that Princess, a somewhat futile and inexperienced girl, is telling to Miss Queen, about the thriving and braided stallion she knew. I can see the twinkle in her big eyes! flower
Mature and wise Miss Queen looks replying: - beware, stallions are all equal, soon you'll get a foal and he gallops out of here! Laughing

Very nice interpretation Razz Their looks fit those roles very well. ... And a braided stallion Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Congratulation Carola for your models, your pics, the love story... And for the great adventure to buy models online, your world is bigger now Very Happy

Thanks you, and yes, I think that can end up a pretty dangerous adventure if I don't develop a stony selfcontrol Rolling Eyes I suppose that's an issue to most collectors.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Very lovely newcomers!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:18 pm

I like very much That Shire mare from Collecta is in my list too.Is like Angus Very Happy cheers cheers sunny Thanksfor the pics Wink

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Thank you Andreas and Álvaro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Congratulations on your first MPV purchase, and what a great horse you bought. I mean the CollectA Shire Mare. She's fabulous! Sad(o)):
The Schleich one looks like a fantasy creature next to the CollectA beauty.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Bojan wrote:
Congratulations on your first MPV purchase, and what a great horse you bought. I mean the CollectA Shire Mare. She's fabulous! Sad(o)):
The Schleich one looks like a fantasy creature next to the CollectA beauty.

Thank you Bojan Very Happy

I do wonder if someone from Schleich actually reads these forums(or any of the other brands for that matter).
Here is lots of useful critique, if they want it...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

From what I know from these 2 brands they can read what they really want in your original post.
Surely, Deborah McDermott wants to read it:
"The CollectA Mare is truly a heavy beauty. She has a lot of spirit and power, she just blows one away. "
Isn't it what we feel when we see a real Shire? Very Happy

Schleich wants to read it:
""I know she's probably soon going to be available in the shops near me, but i lost patience" Laughing
Don't get me wrong but what you feel when you see the Princess is similar to what you feel when you see a cute pony, isn't it? flower There is nothing wrong in it, of course. Only a feeling that doesn't match properly with these huge and powerful creatures. Very Happy
Schleich is just a POP brand! $$$ I've read last year in an official report, that their main goal was to achieve the top50 of toy brands with biggest proffitts. To achieve it they were thinking in removing from their range the figures with more expensive production and also rethinking their manufacturing standards. That's the reason why we have higher prices and lower quality. It is only possible in a stablished brand. They are adding to it a more childish style too.
While CollectA horses are designed from someone that understand about horses, Schleich horses are designed from someone that understand about market! Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:08 am

You are right Roger, with that analysis of what they might prefer to read.

But can they sell fantasy horses by false marketing calling them shires? They could be sued! Well I suppose there are no rules for what you can call your products, except interefering with copyrights, and I don't think Shires have copyrights... My Little Pony could also have a Shire INSPIRED line of cuddly ponies... But indeed Schleich is having a loose view on ther own statement of being realistic...

But yes, their figurines work, and their cute huge faces will sell, no doubt. I just really dislike that money focus mentality affecting the figures that much, but that's just the ideal of being humble and noble and not egoistic that makes me, and all the rest of you collectors probably, getting a bitter taste in the mouth from Schleichs greed...

Yes, I do love the white Princess of all my heart, but that's for having lovely shiny eyes and being pure white. it's NOT for being a Shire horse... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 am

very nice newcomers.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Carola wrote:

Yes, I do love the white Princess of all my heart, but that's for having lovely shiny eyes and being pure white. it's NOT for being a Shire horse... Rolling Eyes

That is the most wonderful reason one can think of cheers Sad(o)):

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Carola wrote:

I think this is true.
I have no knowledge of horses at all.
So I don't know what Shires should look like (untill I use Google ofcourse).
When I look at "Snow White the Princess" I see Schleich did a fantastic job creating a pure feminine, beautiful diva horse.
In fact, they did such a good job that the CollectA mare looks like a dude now! lol!

Schleich is going to sell a lot of Shires, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 am

Carola wrote:
You are right Roger, with that analysis of what they might prefer to read.

But can they sell fantasy horses by false marketing calling them shires? They could be sued! Well I suppose there are no rules for what you can call your products, except interefering with copyrights, and I don't think Shires have copyrights... My Little Pony could also have a Shire INSPIRED line of cuddly ponies... But indeed Schleich is having a loose view on ther own statement of being realistic...

But yes, their figurines work, and their cute huge faces will sell, no doubt. I just really dislike that money focus mentality affecting the figures that much, but that's just the ideal of being humble and noble and not egoistic that makes me, and all the rest of you collectors probably, getting a bitter taste in the mouth from Schleichs greed...

Carola, I understand you perfectly. I am not here judging or discussing the personal tastes and the reasons why someone chooses a figure. You have the example of Carolynn with Miss Nayab, a friendsheepness between a collector and a figure that is completely far from realistic. It would not be clever from me to make judgements like these. I am not even saying that Princess doesn't is atractive to me or that it is an ugly figure. I only am discussing how it works as Shire according with my limited knowledge about these wonderful animals. The best choice is always when we find a figure that makes us feel happy, whatever it is realistic, toyish or simply bizarre. :)
So, that is the reason why I say sometimes that we can find a figure as the best of all and that doesn't mean that it is the figure we want more. For example, Papo cape buffalo is not the best of all in my opinion but it is the one I like best. Very Happy
Also I agree that Princess will sell a lot, but that is just a Schleich phenomenon, if it was a Bullyland the story would be different, maybe the figure would be even considered ridiculous. But that last thought is just a personal conviction. flower

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:28 am

Congratulations on your new additions, Carola!

The bear cubs are my favourite in this lot! So cute! I've never seen pictures of the CollectA cub before! Now I want it :DD
And it's funny how the papo one looks a bit angry.

I love the both shires. I know nothing about horses, so accuracy doesn't bother me in this case. The Schleich shire looks quite smallish and petite in pictures, but when I saw it in real life, it was surprisingly big! I love it.
But note, I also love MLP and Barbie :D

As said often in this forum, the Papo lioness is divine!

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:05 pm

What wonderful new additions to your collection. Buying online can be addictive and expense. Beware. It can also be a way of finding those figures you want that cannot be found anywhere else. Congratulations on your additions and thanks for the wonderful story and photos.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Thank you Krista, I hope you find your own lil' CollectA cub Very Happy And thank you Aandmkw, you are right, new pleasures and new dangers await online Very Happy

Bloodrayne wrote:

When I look at "Snow White the Princess" I see Schleich did a fantastic job creating a pure feminine, beautiful diva horse.
In fact, they did such a good job that the CollectA mare looks like a dude now!

Diva horse cheers Yes, it's very interesting when matching different models, how you can strengthen, weaken or awaken certain parts of their expression. It's like with everything else in life really Razz

Roger wrote:

Also I agree that Princess will sell a lot, but that is just a Schleich phenomenon, if it was a Bullyland the story would be different, maybe the figure would be even considered ridiculous. But that last thought is just a personal conviction. flower

I'm not familiar with the 'friendsheepness' Razz but I hope I will be sometime.

Yes, the power of the brand.

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: 3 new members of the herd.   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:35 am

I went to the largest of the local Schleich retailers to see their status on the new models, and luckily they got them all. So I took my time investigating all the new ones. I've been very excited to see the new Grizzly(the roaring one) and the cub, and get them as well, but I changed my mind seeing them in person. The paintwork is great, I have no complaints there, but the sculpts were just not the Grizzly I thought it would be. I tried to find that love, but it just wasn't there Sad (I will wait for the Papo Grizzly, and to see people reviewing him here Very Happy )

The worst of the new horses has to be the Haflinger mare, I think. Her head i so loooong. And the braids doesn't help either...

But I caught three nevetheless Very Happy

Lipizzaner Mare, Appaloosa Stallion and the gorgeus Hippo calf.
The tiny hippo is very happy, he thinks he has found momi and papi.

Gangster Cowboy horse, yes, the Appaloosas are cool. He may suffer a bit from that Schleich cuteness syndrome, with large eyes and a bit too large head. But he is nice, and lovely dark brown. Made in China.

He's got no horseshoes.

The Lipizzaner Mare wasn't part of my plan, but her clean white color and controlled feminine expression caught my eye. But she could have been a stallion as well, to me, that could have worked out too. Her proportions seem better than those of the Appaloosa, though I don't know the differences between those two breeds, except the colouring. The only thing that pains me, is the pose... It looks like she has hurt her left foreleg.

She's a Made In China version by the way. And no horseshoes on her either.

And with the retired Lipizzaner mare.

And tiny fatty, the Hippo Calf cheers Made in China.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 am

Nice newcomers again cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 am

Congrats!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 am

Great additions! Very Happy
I confess I was expecting to see in your collection the Lippizan and also the Andalusian mare, two very feminine representations from Schleich. I also like the euphemistic way you call them, I also use that expression of Schleich being a very feminine brand. flower
I am not surely the best person to help you identifying breeds but surely someone will help you better. Appaloosas is a breed hard to identify from body shape once they have a lot of different body shapes. Though, browsing a little, I find often a conformation like that.
Curiously, this horse has a relatively small head and the general conformation looks to fit more or less with the old Schleich Appaloosa and also Mojo's. scratch
Lippizans, in their modern concept, look very similar to Spanish breeds like PRE and Lusitanos. Maybe there is a good way to identify them but this Schleich new Lippizan looks too modern! Laughing
I think both old Schleich Lippy and Appy are better representatives of the breeds. However, there is no way to make confusion between a Lippizan and an Appaloosa. This typical leopard pattern of Appaloosas turn them easy to identify while Lippizans, are often represented in gray color, the white that is not white Laughing they can have other colors but never like an Appaloosa.
I really like the hippo baby, eyes are huge as I commented on other treads but pose and chubbiness are excelent. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) Empty

Back to top Go down

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)
Page 1 of 30Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next