Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild

Go down 
+25
lucky luke
Sumo
Lasersword1973
ken yeo
zbyszek
skysthelimit
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
widukind
K907
baltimore zoo
landrover
Mastiffcat
Roger
weaselfan93
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
alexmotoc
remrock02
Rio
aandmkw
Arrakai
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Numa
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  Empty
PostSubject: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

Thought i would post photos here of my most favourite and treasured of all my animal models.  I absolutely love them.  Some of you may have seen these in the past on the LG forum.  The first photo was taken from the Safari website many years ago - the model there has a shiner paint finish and the legs are in a lovely pose, unfortunately the real model has straighter legs...I wonder if the warm water/hair dryer solution would work but I dare not ruin these models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Schleichzoo on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:20 am

They are beautiful Numaan, thanks for these pictures. I think Torben is searching for the foal?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am

Fantastic Numaan. Those critters are absolutely awesome Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Oh, they look so lovley drunken

I would love to have them in my collection, but I guess they are realy realy rare No

Lucky you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 pm

thanks for the messages folks. I had such trouble getting the two adults ten years ago.....one i found from a mail order company and the first one I got after contacting Safari direct. I sent them a really long email about how I was desperately looking for it and a month after i sent them a letter someone in customer services emailed me and told me that she got me one but would not reveal how she got it. I was grateful! Anyway enjoy the pictures, these are my most prized models, along with the Kaiyodo Bongo and Schleich Oryx. Does anyone here have one of them?
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Congratulations on having these. They are so beautiful. I have searched long and hard for these and never seen them for sale. You are definately lucky to have them.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 pm

I would love to have these, my Schleich Oryx is my most prized model in my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:59 pm

I recently got two of the adults on ebay from a seller in Japan. They were not expensive and arrived in good shape. I believe there were about 8 sets available with no shipping cost to the U.S. and pay pal for payment. I got them in August. I will look on ebay and see if they are still available.
Back to top Go down
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:38 pm

exceptional ! great figures ! i don,t see it until now.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:16 am

Hi Numaan, nice to see you from time to time here!
Of course i saw these models from your collection before...
They are great, and the trick with the hair-dryer and cold water won't ruin them, believe me!
Just today i used this trick to re-model a 1970's model, and it worked out again! cheers

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 am

remrock02 wrote:
I recently got two of the adults on ebay from a seller in Japan. They were not expensive and arrived in good shape. I believe there were about 8 sets available with no shipping cost to the U.S. and pay pal for payment. I got them in August. I will look on ebay and see if they are still available.

Hi there

Would you mind posting photos of the ones you have? It would be interesting for me to see what your look like, the paint work etc. Models produced over time always change in their paintwork etc so do post your photos please. I have also never seen this models anywhere online other than the photos I have so it would be good to see more.

cheers
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 pm

oh i loooove those!
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I just spent the last hour trying to find the shop that I bought my two oryx from. The ebay store is Shop for Fun. They are located in Hong Kong not Japan. They currently have no listings on ebay. They also sell alot of Batman and Superman figures. If I ever find them again I will pass on the info. I will try to post pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:40 pm

remrock02 wrote:
I just spent the last hour trying to find the shop that I bought my two oryx from. The ebay store is Shop for Fun. They are located in Hong Kong not Japan. They currently have no listings on ebay. They also sell alot of Batman and Superman figures. If I ever find them again I will pass on the info. I will try to post pictures soon.

thanks for looking. Please post photos of your Gemsbok.

thanks
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 am

Too bad that didn't had the oryxes anymore at the moment... Crying or Very sad
We would love to see your pics of them too of course! :)

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Adult Gemsbuck   Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 pm

I have been looking all over for these replicas. where did you find them?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:50 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
I have been looking all over for these replicas. where did you find them?

Lance, it was some years ago but here is the answer:

Schleichzoo wrote:
thanks for the messages folks. I had such trouble getting the two adults ten years ago.....one i found from a mail order company and the first one I got after contacting Safari direct. I sent them a really long email about how I was desperately looking for it and a month after i sent them a letter someone in customer services emailed me and told me that she got me one but would not reveal how she got it. I was grateful! Anyway enjoy the pictures, these are my most prized models, along with the Kaiyodo Bongo and Schleich Oryx. Does anyone here have one of them?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Safari Vanishing Wild Oryx came in for September 2011...   Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:59 am

I am very happy to show you my newest Safari Ltd addition, the Oryx/Gemsbok from the Vanishing wild collection.
It was a real surprise to me, that is was this model, as i didn't have the model in mind very well.
Actually i thought to get the Chap Mei oryx, which would have brought me almost the same joy.
But as i know, that this figurines is hard to get, specially in a good state, i am even more happy with htis one! cheers
I was wondered about the size of the box, but as i unwrapped the animal, i was really surprised by the size of it... Shocked
When i forget my polystone Thompson gazelle, it is the biggest antelope in my entire collection! Cool
As always, i have the Britains 1:32 scale zookeeper with my models, but i made some quick pictures with my other oryxes to, to show you the scale of this Safari model... Cool

Here with the Lineol oryx, which is about the 1:20 scale.

And with the Arabian oryx from the normal wildlife series from Safari.

With the Schleich Oryx.

And finally with the 1:32 scaled Starlux model from the 1970's, which really dwarfs with this model.

Expensive? Noooooooo!
I won the item for just 1 euro, and the shipment was 5 euro, so 6 euro together, a real bargain again! :) Very Happy cheers

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:19 am

oooo! congratulations! cheers it's gorgeous!! cheers cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 am

:) :)

Wonderful orix....¡

I have not this figure,but Someday I hope to get it.

You have several nice orix in you collection.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 am

Lineol oryx is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 am

Congrats Willy! U are lucky, now the only thing missing is the calf. Did you win this on ebay?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 am

Oh wow, Willy that was a bargain, big congratulations on winning this beauty cheers and thanks for all the comparison photos too bounce

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:40 am

What a nice animals, and hard to find!!! But too big for my zoo and so i have the Schleich oryx only. cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:19 am

WOW, Willy ! What a fantastic find cheers

It is a gorgeous figure ! I think we are a lot of collectors drooling over this beauty Very Happy flower

Thanks for the pictures from me also sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gemsbok from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next