Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mishmi takin strikes again

Go down 
+11
Kikimalou
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
Roger
Oryx7557
VASILIS
PeGe
widukind
cattlecollector
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Fisva
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Mishmi takin strikes again Empty
PostSubject: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 am

As I have promised, I've made another mishmi takin. It looks much better than the previous one. When I was looking for dhole pictures I've found this short article: http://mammalwatching.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/takin-vs-dhole/
I thought that it would be actually fun to make a scene like this, so I've made another mishmi takin. It is not painted yet, I wanted to get some suggestions from you first. What should I correct?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 am

Uhhh, I hope the takin saved her calf...why can`t dholes eat broccoli ? Sad

Your new model is awesome !!!!! cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Your new takin's absolutely wonderful. cheers
SUSANNE wrote:
why can`t dholes eat broccoli ? Sad
Ditto Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I think that she could easily kill him scratch
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Wow, amazing! You are very talented! Sad(o)): Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Wonderful takin again Agata cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 pm

wow! even nicer than the previous one! i still want a copy please Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 pm

PeGe wrote:
wow! even nicer than the previous one! i still want a copy please Very Happy

You know sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:30 pm

When I first saw your takin figure I wondered what kind of animal it was...
I have never heard anything about this animal as I didn't know that it existed up until today!!!
Your figure is excellent!!! You really succeeded in creating an amazing copy of the takin!!!

How many wonderful artists are there in this forum???
Well done Agata!!!
Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Thank you very much guys! I will make some copies so if anyone is interested, pm me :)
Back to top Go down
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 pm

i love it Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Very Happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 am

Congratulations Agata! The figure is better indeed! I like it very much and I don't need to know I want it! Very Happy
But I'll give you some simple suggestions. Very Happy
You don't have to follow them, but the front legs being almost paralele remove the movement from the figure. Your previous version had a delicious walking pose. Very Happy
Also, check the dorsal area on 1st picture. 2nd picture is how I would love to see it painted if possible. Very Happy
I hope I am not asking too much, maybe you changed the pose to turn easier making molds?! scratch
I hope your dhole hasn't hunted the takin calf. Crying or Very sad Buaaaahahahahahh! Laughing

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 am

Yes Roger, I've changed the pose due to the mould, it is really hard to get the figure out of it when legs are not straight. All my previous figures had broken legs because of it. I also miss that gentle moving pose, I can try to change one leg to make the figure more dynamic but I'm afraid that I would have problems with moulding. Don't worry about the stripe, I've noticed it in the article Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm

I've added some fur wrinkles on belly and neck. I've also crooked a leg a bit to make the pose more interesting, I hope it looks natural. I'm still waiting for suggestions :)
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow! I didn't know this species, thanks for teaching me something new today!

The details are impressive! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:58 pm

thqanks! less static, although those animals, at least the captive one i could watch until now, sometimes look more relaxed than they actually are,...so this pose is quite natural i think! Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 am

I need more time to compare the poses. This last has more movement than previous but I like it best in some pictures while in others I am not sure. I would love to hear opinions from other members about this pose vs the pose on original post. Very Happy
I'll check it better tomorrow. flower
I only want to say again that I love a lot the work you performed here! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:24 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Why ? Because dholes are broccoli friends and protectors! They are trying to eliminate all the brocolli's predators Laughing

PeGe wrote:
thqanks! less static, although those animals, at least the captive one i could watch until now, sometimes look more relaxed than they actually are,...so this pose is quite natural i think! Very Happy

Roger wrote:
I need more time to compare the poses. This last has more movement than previous but I like it best in some pictures while in others I am not sure. I would love to hear opinions from other members about this pose vs the pose on original post. Very Happy
I'll check it better tomorrow. flower
I only want to say again that I love a lot the work you performed here! cheers

I like the second one best, less static so more "alive". My point about the first model was the way the neck and shoulders worked together. Your takin is looking forward and is even stretching out his neck. The angle between the shoulders and neck should be like in this pic IMHO.

It is better on the second takin. Nevertheless... I like very much your takin Wink
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 am

Thank you guys very much, I'm glad you like this pose more :)
Thank you Kiki for noticing the angle. I used the picture you posted as a reference and later crooked the legs :) When I compared my figure with this picture all seemed okay. I will check it once again.
Roger, I will wait for your opinion, however I'm ready to make copies :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:42 am

Agata, I'm sorry I'm not having as much free time as I wanted once I think your figure is so good that it deserves all efforts from us. I see the figure is ready to copies and my suggestions are very workfull! I'll give them anyway but just ignore them if you want. Remember, my suggestions are always to turn the figures less beautiful. Laughing
I like the work you did with ventral and neck area but I would love it looked busier and with thicker fur, I think you can do it without destroying the work. I mean more vertical and deeper texture on ventral part of neck and body and also upper leg. Very Happy
Now the hardest change that you can ignore. Very Happy
Your figure looks to have a rounded and beautiful face. I'm afraid takins are not so beautiful, they have indeed a funny face, they can compete with the mountain goats to win the Miss Portugal contest! Laughing
As you can see in pictures below, the face is narrower, there is a marked depression under eyes, between nose and cheeks. The nose is very well marked with huge nostrils, The eyes look facing forward only because they set in a kind of salient socket?
Well, I can't explain it. Last picture is from a Sichuan but it doesn't change too much. Very Happy I hope I'm not giving troubles and that I am seeing everything wrong. Very Happy

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:41 am

Thank you Roger :) I will see what I can do!
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Wonderful Takin. There are so many talented people on this forum. I can't wait to see what you end up doing with it.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 am

Wow, what a lovely takin! Please, put me on the list if You make copies bounce Sad(o)): Very Happy
BIG CONGRATULATIONS FOR WONDERFUL WORK cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am

Thank you guys very much, I'm glad you like it.
Here's the finished takin. I have some problems with copies, their quality is not as good as I expected. It is rather big figure and I can't get rid of air bubbles when casting. Anyway, I will try to do my best and make them as good as I can.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 am

Great!!! Sad(o)): I love it!!! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishmi takin strikes again   Mishmi takin strikes again Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishmi takin strikes again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next