Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)

Go down 
+21
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
aandmkw
animalluvr6
Ana
Roger
Taos
MartinH
Saarlooswolfhound
skysthelimit
Melekh
scot(t)
MARTINLATIN
donny ong
lucky luke
Carola
Bloodrayne
Kikimalou
bojan
widukind
SUSANNE
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) Empty
PostSubject: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

WOW! I LOVE this critter  cheers

But my camera and I aren`t too good at getting the right colours on the picture.
I have tried to take pictures outdoors and indoors, but...  scratch

So let me start with a comparison with the CollectA red river hog, - then you can see the size, too.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Clearly "industrial" paintwork. But the mould is fabulous  Sad(o)):

Togethjer with his little friend from Starlux  Very Happy

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm

I like this phantastic animals Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers Big congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Wow! You already have it! Congratulations! I like it, especially the first photo with my favourite red river hog! Sad(o)):

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Congratulation Susanne Sad(o)): You are really fast, I'm still waiting for mine and I will add a few pics as soon as it is at home Wink

The size is respectable but not enormous and I'm happy about this, space problems... Nevertheless this is the kind of figurine I need to see for real because I still think it has something odd. We already talked about the body size but I have a problem with the right foreleg, I don't know if it is going forward or backward...
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I don't know if it is going forward or backward...

Maybe it stopped in its tracks so Susanne could take better pictures of him! cheers

I think it looks good.
I really like the slender long legs. Very elegant. I love you

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Very unusual animal, just looked it up on Google, and it actually looks like that cyclops I have never seen such one berfore.

Very nice model, but the paintwork could be better indeed, but depends on individual standards, sure thing.
The face is great though, with lovely expressive eyes. It looks like he's got a soul Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:

Maybe it stopped in it tracks so Susanne could take better pictures of him! cheers

So THAT is why cheers

Carola wrote:
Very unusual animal, just looked it up on Google, and it actually looks like that cyclops I have never seen such one berfore.

Very nice model, but the paintwork could be better indeed, but depends on individual standards, sure thing.
The face is great though, with lovely expressive eyes. It looks like he's got a soul Cool

Yes ! It is a strange looking doggie Laughing
Sometimes when I wonder over the strange prehistoric animals, I can`t help thinking about what THEY would have thought seing some of the critters nowadays Laughing Laughing

I also LOVE his face I love you

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Congratulations Susanne! cheers Sad(o)): Cool
I look forward wonderful addition that mine comes home! drunken bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 am

Carola wrote:

I can't find a picture where a maned wolf looks like that, especially the right foreleg Suspect Could you show some ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 am

Congrats Susanne! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Very nice! I want it, too. bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:12 am

WOW THIS ANIMAL IS SOOOOO
GREAT I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE IT!!!!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 am

Wow!! Fantastic Susanne! I'm so surprised to see a walkaround for this model. I had no idea it was available anywhere yet. I had it in my notes that it wouldn't become available until April. (Please don't feel obliged to answer, but did you purchase it from a store? or acquire it by some other means?)

I love the figure. And as Carola mentions, the eyes are indeed particularly lovely. I am really excited to get one for myself. I suspect I'll have to wait a while, but this is one of the most exciting CollectA 2013 releases; one of the most exciting releases of 2013 by any company!

(After seeing your walkaround of the Safari Elk, which I also did not realize had already become available, I ordered one immediately from H&H Winners Circle, who deliver very quickly. I was so pleased when it arrived! It is a fantastic model as well.)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

Thankyou, friends cheers

Christophe, Yes. He is moving backwards, or breaking, with his right foreleg and forwards with the other legs Laughing
It shows that it is a very good idea to sketch the skeleton before starting to sculpt a model . study

But, well, I love the critter, just like I love the donkey foals with goats feet Laughing Laughing

Melekh

Melekh

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 am

Perhaps a little bit :)

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 am

When you compare these 2 pics, the plastic one looks like it has much shorter upper arm/humerus and longer radius bone. It's the proportions issue...

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Fantastic gorgeous new addition!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm

fantastic model... congrats Sue :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Lovely model and its on the wishlist!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks Susanne! This animal is breaking my head since I knew it will be launched. :)
First, maned wolf was completly on top of my wishes. This animal appears often in documentaries in Portuguese tv since I am a boy. It is a remarkable creature and we can't forget it since the first time we know it exists. Very Happy
Then the first catalogue pictures, surprising slender legs, this characteristic is very important and I wasn't expecting to see such slender legs in a modern replica of this animal.
Then the proportions, this animal is almost like the lynx, a face/head that is so nice that will obscure the relevant mistakes on body. Everyone will love it, including myself, but in my opinion not comparable with the best figures we're seeing these years from CollectA and other brands. Measurements look wrong everywhere, the general looking is of a maned wolf and the brand was good with it. But everything looks wrongly sized to me, back legs, half back of figure compared with chest area, belly shape, neck, everything! Sad
Not a terrible figure, not even a bad figure, it looks good but just good. The pose is very complex too, according with Numaan the figure is standing. Standing? Maybe. As I told, face is great, texture looks excelent, very detailed, only a better painting but good enough, I guess. Very Happy Congrats! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 am

Melekh wrote:
Perhaps a little bit :)
skysthelimit wrote:
When you compare these 2 pics, the plastic one looks like it has much shorter upper arm/humerus and longer radius bone. It's the proportions issue...

Indeed Robert...

And again, the pose of this right foreleg is different, the upper leg is looking backward and the leg itself is looking at the opposite and is straight. I can't find a pic with such a pose. When the upper leg is backward, the leg isn't straight and when it is straight, the upper leg is looking forward.

And also have a look at this one

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 am

Yes, also in all pictures here posted the body is longer, head smaller, neck shorter and none of them is with the head in such a high stance. Some of them, in proportions, are more comparable with the Starlux figure. Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Carola wrote:

I can't find a picture where a maned wolf looks like that, especially the right foreleg Suspect Could you show some ? Very Happy

I think Photoshop has to help me there Razz My first sight of such an animal might have blurred my judgement and sense of detail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am

Carola wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Carola wrote:

I think Photoshop has to help me there Razz My first sight of such an animal might have blurred my judgement and sense of detail.

I still ADORE the critter and think y´all are a bit too harsh on him Suspect Wink

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Carola wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Carola wrote:

I still ADORE the critter and think y´all are a bit too harsh on him Suspect Wink

Susanne... I'm waiting for mine impatiently, I can't wait now Laughing

But I also need to tell my point even if I have already a place for the guy on my shelves. And you know I never collect a toy I don't like cheers

but this leg... What a Face Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Susanne... I'm waiting for mine impatiently, I can't wait now Laughing

But I also need to tell my point even if I have already a place for the guy on my shelves. And you know I never collect a toy I don't like cheers

but this leg... What a Face Wink

cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)   The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26) Empty

Back to top Go down

The beautyful maned wolf from CollectA...a walkaround (pics added on feb 26)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA :: CollectA walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: