Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Aardvark Dieter Eraser?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daverat

Country/State : U.S.A. / California

PostSubject: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 9:17

I know that this is a Dieter rubber eraser from about 1978 but does anybody know the name of this character or what kind of animal this creature is? My first guess was a rat but then my wife pointed out that its probably an Ant Eater / Aardvark and he has a bushy tail like a fox that is not obvious at first but you can see it in the 2nd photo below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 9:51

Hello, Daverat, wellcome here Very Happy

I am not sure at all, about this weird little fellow !
But maybe your wife is right, - looking at the "hands" and the nose and the bushy tail, it could be an anteater scratch

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 11:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello, Daverat, wellcome here Very Happy

I am not sure at all, about this weird little fellow !
But maybe your wife is right, - looking at the "hands" and the nose and the bushy tail, it could be an anteater scratch

hands, global shape, everything of an anteater... But the mouth affraid Laughing I can't say Wink

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 12:11

Welcome on forum! Very Happy
I think, like previous suggestions, that it is a giant anteater. They don't have a mouth like that as Christophe commented but I can't think in a better option. Also, it is just a character so the accuracy was not surely the main goal. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 16:43

Welcome here

I would also say.........a anteater

Country/State : U.S.A. / California

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 8:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I know that this is a Dieter rubber eraser from about 1978 but does anybody know the name of this character or what kind of animal this creature is? My first guess was a rat but then my wife pointed out that its probably an Ant Eater / Aardvark and he has a bushy tail like a fox that is not obvious at first but you can see it in the 2nd photo below.

My wife & I were looking at him again and now we are wondering if he might be a fox owing to the fact that he is wearing a formal jacket, a pink cravat tied about his neck and a matching pink bowler's hat upon his head, all making him seem kinda British. Also, from a certain angle, his face does have a bit of a vulpine air to it which would match up with the bushy tail. So, could he be a fox in a bowler hat, cravat and waist coat, the fox version of of Fagen or is he an Ant eater afterall?

Just wondering still! One one feet, we can clearly see 3 claws painted black. It's not clear if that's the limit of his toes, just that those are his claws. His forepaws also appear to have 3 claws. How many claws do Ant Eaters have?

Anteater in a bowler hat? Fox in a Bowler Hat? whichever he turns out to be, this has been an interesting search!

Susanne, BTW, if those are your cats in your Avatar, they are very lovely. I'm a sucker for the Siamese breed in general and had a lovely Tabby Point named Ching-Hsia from the age of 9 months until her death from Cancer at age 11.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Sat 25 Jan 2014 - 7:18

It is an anteater with a odd mouth, it has anteaters paws, very differnt from Fox paws  Wink 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aardvark Dieter Eraser?   Today at 9:48

Back to top Go down

Aardvark Dieter Eraser?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1