Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds

Go down 
+22
Damon
*Valencia Stables*
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
Takama
Chamira
Mathew087
LittleLady
john2xtheman
JonasV
Tiermann
Wilorvise
Sartje
Bloodrayne
orcagirl26
blackdanter
trevok4
Mastiffcat
Elros Alvar
Geospiza fortis
krista
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Ohhh ! That is indeed a lovely model cheers

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Fantastic collection! The new guy seems to be the best to me Applause Are these all 2013-14 models? scratch

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chamira

Chamira

Country/State : Sri Lanka

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 pm

jonesee wrote:
Are these all 2013-14 models? scratch

Yes this series started soon after they stopped the 'Replica Saurus' line, 2012?

A few of them are scaled down from Replica Saurus 1:40 to something like 1:60, but have moveable jaws and arms & have been repainted.

Some are completely new like the Therizinosaurus, which is an awesome model.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:10 am

Chamira wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Are these all 2013-14 models? scratch

Yes this series started soon after they stopped the 'Replica Saurus' line, 2012?

A few of them are scaled down from Replica Saurus 1:40 to something like 1:60, but have moveable jaws and arms & have been repainted.

Some are completely new like the Therizinosaurus, which is an  awesome model.
Aha, thank you for info! cheers I think these are more interesting and eye catching than their older ones. Just saw some new ones recently, and their material was very rubbery? Is that the same with all those?[/quote]

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 am

The World of History Collection first started in 2012 with 12 different models (Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, Velociraptor, Saichania, a Pterosaur, Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Giganotosaurus, and Parasaurolophus.

In 2013 they release a Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus.  

In 2014 they released the Therizinosaurus and a Pentaceratops, along with Unnecessary second sculpts of there Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus. To be fair, I liked the New T.Rex sculpt better then the Original, so I bought that to replace my old one. The second raptor could of been called a Deinonychus, but they called it a Velociraptor when they already had one released in 2012. I don't think I will be getting this one.
Back to top Go down
Chamira

Chamira

Country/State : Sri Lanka

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 pm

jonesee wrote:
Just saw some new ones recently, and their material was very rubbery? Is that the same with all those?

I only have a few, but they seem to be different textures, for example, the Allosaurus has a dry hard texture, and the older dark green T Rex (Schleich 14525) is quite soft and tacky - rubbery as you say (I really like the way this feels). The Brachiosaurus is somewhere in the middle. It may to do with the different amounts of softener they use or the amount of colour pigment in the plastic.

It is all very interesting. Schleich is really a toy manufacturer that makes some effort to get good accuracy, but these are meant to be toys, especially the newer ones with moveable parts. So the texture variation may be deliberate.

My 3 year old has been playing with the dark green T Rex for months now and although his jaw can't be closed any more (having been stuffed with other animal figures, food, stones and bits of wood) his paint work is still in good shape (apart from toes). These things are surprisingly tough, being slammed on the floor or a table on its legs  - nothing seems to break.

@Takama - thanks for the excellent information!
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Thank you, Chamira! Wink cheers
Yep, I thought so too.. It's maybe good for children that wanna play with them, so the paint job won't get scratched so easily... And of course it's good for Schleich that their models are as light as possible. They're saving money Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:48 am

Been a while since I bought any of these Dinos. My latest is this Stegosaurus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Takama on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Nice addition!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:01 pm

Arrrwh ! She is so cute drunken

john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:35 pm

Well Takama,I see you've managed to find a Schleich Stegosaurus that wasn't torn apart by unsupervised kids in the store.Congratulations on that! Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:27 am

john2xtheman wrote:
Well Takama,I see you've managed to find a Schleich Stegosaurus that wasn't torn apart by unsupervised kids in the store.Congratulations on that! Very Happy

Well the store i was at, had two that were in the best condition i ever seen them in. Usually there would be a substantial amount of paint rubbed off the nose. These ones were fully painted. so i bought one i liked the most.

Today i got the Quatzalcoatlus in the best condition they had at my local Wal-Mart.

My World of History collection is almost complete to me. the Styracosaurus, and Apatoesaurus are orederd,  and only three of the 2015 releases will enter my collection (they are the 2015 Spinosaurus, Anhangura, and Kentrosaurus.

I had decided that his would be my main line to collect while i collect models for my own line, The Takamsaurus Collection

Last edited by Takama on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Congratulations again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Stegosaurus is quite decent! Congratulations! Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 am

Just recieved two more items today.   Apatosaurus, and Styracosaurus.

Styracosaurus

Last edited by Takama on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 am

Not a brontosaurus, right? Laughing Congrats! Very Happy

LittleLady

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 am

Those are beautifull figures
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm

My World of History Collection is ALmost coplte. Just Three more models then done (until next year that is)

I placed and Order for the Anhangura, and i hope to get the Kentrosaurus next. After that, It will be the Purple Spinosaurus which is not due to come out until July

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:22 am

My latest:  Anhanguara

Last edited by Takama on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Very nice new model :)

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:13 am

Newest Item. Kentrosaurus. Now all i need is the Spinosaurus, then my collection is complete

Last edited by Takama on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:11 pm

Congrats again

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:55 pm

Great models , - I love that Anhanguara, and the Kentrosaurus is beautyful cheers

Mathew087

Mathew087

Country/State : GB

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:53 am

Velociraptor

And my cat...

more here

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds   World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

World of History Dinosaurs walkarounds
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next