Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo

Go down 
+9
LukaLeon085
Fisva
Ana
donny ong
PeGe
SUSANNE
Carola
Oryx7557
SeanieP
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo Empty
PostSubject: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 pm

We recently went to a "Traveling Zoo" and they had a Scimitar-Horned Oryx. He was so friendly, licking my fingers and coming toward me. I do not like the conditions or pens these animals are in...I hope they let them run around at some point! I also included a photo of the CollectA Scimitar-Horned Oryx, which looks a lot like the Starlux Scimitar-Horned Oryx.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:43 am

cute iv seen one b for to grate animal Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 am

Poor fellow, sure hope they let him out sometimes. Very sweet animal cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:42 am

Traveling Zoo ? Shocked Does that mean the poor thing is in that little enclosure, or in a truck all his life ? pale

I thought this kind of thing was prohibited 100 years ago Shocked

Anyway, - what a beautyful creature, - tahnks for sharing Very Happy

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 pm

what a pretty enclosure

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 am

Why do they put the horrible thing to the creature's muzzle? As though oryxes bit. Ridiculous!
Sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:12 am

donny ong wrote:
Why do they put the horrible thing to the creature's muzzle? As though oryxes bit. Ridiculous!
Sad Crying or Very sad

I agree! he was very gentle when I put my hand up to him to sniff and lick.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 am

Very cute and wonderful oryx but idea of traveling zoo is strange indeed Rolling Eyes I don't think animals enjoy spending time in small enclosures and in the car No

donny ong wrote:
Sad Crying or Very sad

What do You mean? The halter? scratch It has nothing to do with biting :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 am

I thought keeping animals in such conditions is prohibited in the USA scratch Poor animal... Sad
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 pm

The event was actually called Petting Zoo and Kids Fair.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

is it a circus? clown
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
is it a circus? clown

no,no clowns clown or acts! geek
Back to top Go down
stef1000

stef1000

Country/State : Haaksbergen, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 pm

maybe they can start a breeding program with him/her in a bigger cage with other Scimitar-Horned Oryx Very Happy

I think he would be happy then sunny

Stef Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Wow-never seen a fat scimitar hornred oryx like that one, and the horns...How can it be an endangered species are beeing kept ALONE in such poor living conditions in a travelling "zoo" ? Again another good example for a misisng protection law for animals in the Usa.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

Ana wrote:
Very cute and wonderful oryx but idea of traveling zoo is strange indeed Rolling Eyes I don't think animals enjoy spending time in small enclosures and in the car No

donny ong wrote:
Sad Crying or Very sad

Ye, yes, Anna. The halter.
Phew! Embarassed
You're right. I just remembered. It's not the kind of thing that we put on a ferocious dog's muzzle that wrap the entire muzzle. (What it is called, anyway?)
Thanks for reminding Anna.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 am

donny ong wrote:
Ana wrote:

donny ong wrote:
Sad Crying or Very sad

Phew! Embarassed
You're right. I just remembered. It's not the kind of thing that we put on a ferocious dog's muzzle that wrap the entire muzzle. (What it is called, anyway?)

Oh oh, I understand, these things look little bit similar indeed Very Happy No worries Wink

I don't know how the thing for dog's muzzle is called in English, my translator showing just "muzzle" bu I don't know is it right. scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Ana wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Ana wrote:

donny ong wrote:
Sad Crying or Very sad

Phew! Embarassed

Oh oh, I understand, these things look little bit similar indeed Very Happy No worries Wink

I don't know how the thing for dog's muzzle is called in English, my translator showing just "muzzle" bu I don't know is it right. scratch

According with online dictionaries, translators and my mobile dictionary, it is muzzle indeed. Laughing ...and the act of putting it on dog's muzzle is just - to muzzle! Hurray for English language! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:37 pm

We do just call it a muzzle on dogs. I think the thing on the oryx is a halter though, not to keep it from biting, just to help lead it around etc. Although I never liked these kinds of traveling zoos either, all I can think of is that it is hard enough to take our dogs on long car rides, I can only imagine a larger animal having to do this their whole life.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 am

Thank you all friends. Now I know it's called "muzzle" (for the noun and the verb). Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 am

donny ong wrote:
Thank you all friends. Now I know it's called "muzzle" (for the noun and the verb). Laughing

And for the nose and mouth of a horse, too Laughing

donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 am

SUSANNE wrote:
donny ong wrote:

Yes, and of a dog, too. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:37 pm

donny ong wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
donny ong wrote:

Yes, and of a dog, too. Laughing

Yes, I also found that for a British croc it is called a clothes-peg and for an American alligator it is called a clothespin. Sometimes English is a little painful! affraid alien Wink

PostSubject: Re: Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo   Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Scimitar-Horned Oryx at traveling zoo
Page 1 of 1