Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vintage plastic animal haul ..............

Go down 
+8
sauroid
Kikimalou
scot(t)
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
widukind
Chris Sweetman
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Vintage plastic animal haul .............. Empty
PostSubject: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Recently I have had a few days holiday and what better way of spending one of those days than to find:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vintage plastic animal selection by Chris*4, on Flickr

Key:

White horse by Matchbox for their King Size K18 Dodge Kew Fargo Articulated Horse Transporter introduced in 1966. Four horses were included in two different poses.

Cat group by Timpo, reference number 1090, from the mid 1950's.

Piglet is by Britains Herald, reference number H1567, and has the "Herald" symbol on the belly introduced in1956.

Pig by Timpo - reference number unknown.

Howling wolf with front leg tucked under body is by Timpo, reference number 6022, from the mid 1950's.

Two fighting bulls are by Corgi Toys and one was included with their Lamborghini Miura from the late 1960's.

In the background is a Hong Kong copy of Britains Sable Antelope. This would date from the 1960's.

BTW I obtained all of these for the princely sum of £1! How am I going to live for the rest of the month? Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Nice old animals!!! Congrats Chris cheers cheers cheers

The little matchbox horse i have too, with a other it was in a little car with horse trailer Very Happy Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Very lovely animals, I do think they were worth their super high price, haha Wink

I think the wolf and bulls are especially nice, pose of wolf is wonderful Very Happy Congratulations!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice old animals!!! Congrats Chris cheers cheers cheers

The little matchbox horse i have too, with a other it was in a little car with horse trailer Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you Andreas. Matchbox did this horse pose in two different sizes. One size was for the King Size Horse trailer and the other size found their way into either an AEC Horse transporter or a Pony Trailer in the Matchbox 1-75 series.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Ana wrote:
Very lovely animals, I do think they were worth their super high price, haha Wink

I think the wolf and bulls are especially nice, pose of wolf is wonderful Very Happy Congratulations!

I think they are worth their price Anna! Very Happy

The fighting bulls are fantastic poses and these were made in Hong Kong for Corgi Toys.

As for the wolf I agree it is a great pose but ...... it is hard to make it stand correctly and a slight knock of the table and it tumbles over! affraid

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:40 pm

What a fabulous haul cheers

Sometimes a collector can be very lucky ..and more lucky, the more he knows Laughing

Congratulations, Chris sunny

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a fabulous haul cheers

Sometimes a collector can be very lucky ..and more lucky, the more he knows Laughing

Congratulations, Chris sunny

Thank you Susanne. Very Happy

I had a feeling I would be lucky when I began to sort though the tray of animals on the stall. When I found the Corgi Toys fighting bull I knew it was a golden vein! :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Chris, I really hope you can find a way to live the rest of the month after such an investment. Very Happy
Congratulations for finding these great figures. I love specially fighting bulls, they have a lot of action and it is not surprising that they were made with a Lamorghini once, as you know, their symbol is a bull. Very Happy
Maybe someday you can find a horse with a Ferrari, a lion with a Peugeot, an elephant with a Bugatti Royale or a Jaguar with a Jaguar! Very Happy

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 am

Roger wrote:
Chris, I really hope you can find a way to live the rest of the month after such an investment. Very Happy

I sure hope so Roger! Laughing

Roger wrote:
Congratulations for finding these great figures. I love specially fighting bulls, they have a lot of action and it is not surprising that they were made with a Lamorghini once, as you know, their symbol is a bull. Very Happy
Maybe someday you can find a horse with a Ferrari, a lion with a Peugeot, an elephant with a Bugatti Royale or a Jaguar with a Jaguar! Very Happy

Now there is an idea for a thread. Thanks Roger! cheers

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 am

Nice group Chris! I love the bulls!!
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 am

scot(t) wrote:
Nice group Chris! I love the bulls!!

Thank you Scott - I now have three of these bulls. The first was with a Corgi Toys Lamborghini Miura set. Never thought I be able to obtain these bulls without buying the toy car! Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 am

Great batch Chris Sad(o)):

I remember I had one of these bulls when I was young, it was one of my favorite animal then drunken thank you for this madeleine de Proust Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I remember I had one of these bulls when I was young, it was one of my favorite animal then drunken thank you for this madeleine de Proust Very Happy cheers

Thank you Christophe. Did you have to buy the Corgi Lamborghini to get the bull? I am so glad that I was able to provide you with your madeleine de Proust moment. I have to admit I had to look this term up.

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:43 am

yikes. I guess I won't be getting this Bull anytime soon. But there it is with the Lamborghini!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

very beautiful vintage ones Chris.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:08 am

scot(t) wrote:
yikes. I guess I won't be getting this Bull anytime soon. But there it is with the Lamborghini!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes for an expensive bull Scott. affraid

This is the set I bought around thirty years ago for about £10! The box is the first issue one and hard to find nowadays.

I guess I got a bargain because each bull cost me 8p 12.5p! Laughing

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

sauroid wrote:
very beautiful vintage ones Chris.

Thank you sauriod. Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:57 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Christophe. Did you have to buy the Corgi Lamborghini to get the bull? I am so glad that I was able to provide you with your madeleine de Proust moment. I have to admit I had to look this term up.

I can't remember that Lamborghini... I was not car toys oriented Wink

For the madeleine de Proust, I couldn't find an English equivalent Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Another haul this time from today’s NEC Toy Fair:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Assorted plastic figures by Chris*4, on Flickr

Left to right: Crescent Billy Goat, Britains Zoo Keeper Leading animals (headless in this example - but there is a reason), Crescent geese family, Crescent Calf, Britains sheep grazing (ex lead mould), Britains pig (ex lead mould) and Crescent sheep.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Fabulous price! Congratulations Chris. l have that matchbox Horse too and a smaller version, HO Scale. The bulls are really nice!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:32 am

It is not often than we see Crescent figures! They are great! Very Happy
It is also good to know that there is always a reason to be headless! Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:04 am

Great new additions! I find myself picking a favorite, then looking to another figure and saying that is my favorite and... Congrats! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:36 am

Very fine hauls again! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Please will you explain/elaborate the "ex lead mould" ?

Roger wrote:

Sure is Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Very fine hauls again! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Please will you explain/elaborate the "ex lead mould" ?

Roger wrote:

Sure is Laughing Laughing Laughing

Susanne

Ex lead mould - means the model was first issued in hollow-cast-lead. Britains then used this mould to make the plastic version.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:06 am

Roger wrote:
It is not often than we see Crescent figures! They are great! Very Happy

Thank you Roger.

I need the base of the keeper for a version from the Chimps tea party set. The dealer gave me a cut price if I let him have the head back.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage plastic animal haul ..............   Vintage plastic animal haul .............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage plastic animal haul ..............
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: General additions-
Jump to: