Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting

Go down 
+8
Sergey
orcagirl26
scot(t)
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting Empty
PostSubject: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:48 pm

The largest parrot by length in the world, the Hyacinth Macaw is less known than the Scarlet macaw. That's why this bird is very rare on collectors shelves.

Except the Japanese KABAYA and YUJIN, the only modern company which produced a Hyacinth macaw was SAFARI Ltd until SCHLEICH made one for 2013.

I guess it is the time for a photo session  Wink  

SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Safari Ltd

The Schleich

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

I have to say I like Safari's version better. I don't like the shape of Schleich macaw's beak, maybe the length of it, maybe the lack of strength...

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Uhh, it is hard to say which one is the nicest, - I like both Very Happy

In the photoes the Safari model has the best colour, but my Schleich one isn`t so bright scratch

The way the Safari Mac holds his head is ever so charming, and typical for these playful birds.

Looking at pictures, the they can have differently shaped beaks, most are more like Schleich`s model, but some are square-ish , more like the Safari`s . Perhaps it is a queation of the age of the bird ? There is a picture of some chicks, and they have very square beaks.
The yellow paint has been splashed over the lower part of the Schleich beak, - on mine also, even not so bad - which makes the lower beak look weaker, I think. In general, rather sloppy paintwork from Schleich in this specimen Suspect

The Safari model has enormous head and feet Laughing Laughing

But I love both ! Thankyou for the great pictures, Christophe cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Wonderful macaws cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Thank you Robert, Susanne and Andreas Very Happy

I like very much the new macaw, it is funny to see a SCHLEICH model with better proportions than a SAFARI Ltd. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Both are very nice! Thank You for walk around Kiki! Very Happy

I remember I didn't want to buy Safari one because of the big feet :) Now, I think, I will go for Schleich one, I had some doubts about wings' shape but I think it's OK :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

I like both. But I think I slightly prefer the Schleich. As Christophe points out, the proportions are slightly better. (At least I think.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 am

Anna and Scott, thank you sunny

If you need to buy only one Hyacinth macaw, I agree with you, the SCHLEICH is the good choice Wink
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 pm

I prefer Safari Ltd's hyacincth macaw. The beak looks more realistic than the Schleich one.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks Christophe! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I don,t like Schleich macaw and very like Safari macaw... Rolling Eyes

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks Chris! I think the Safari is still more appeal to me!

mdasilva1973

Country/State : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 am

the safari one is better
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
I prefer Safari Ltd's hyacincth macaw. The beak looks more realistic than the Schleich one.

Sergey wrote:
Thanks Christophe! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I don,t like Schleich macaw and very like Safari macaw... Rolling Eyes

ken yeo wrote:
Thanks Chris! I think the Safari is still more appeal to me!

mdasilva1973 wrote:
the safari one is better

Before I get the SCHLEICH, I thought the SAFARI Ltd one would be unsurpassed....

So if it is a matter of taste, I agree with you, you have many good reasons to prefer the SAFARI Ltd Wink

It it is a matter of beak, I agree the SAFARI Ltd is better...

It it is a matter of painting and details on feathers, the SAFARI Ltd is better. Suspect

But, the SCHLEICH model pointed some things I never noticed on the SAFARI Ltd, it has big head and feets. The proportions of the SCHLEICH are far better. Sad(o)):

Sincerely I'm not a big SCHLEICH fan. I don't like the elephants, especially the new ones, because I think that very good details don't save bad and odd proportions. I prefer the PAPO ones which have less details but are better shaped Wink

I really like the SAFARI LTd macaw but it has bad proportions. I guess it is important to notice Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 am

skysthelimit wrote:
I have to say I like Safari's version better. I don't like the shape of Schleich macaw's beak, maybe the length of it, maybe the lack of strength...

+1

Robert, You wrote exactly what I mean. The older Safari Ltd version is far better one (although the head is a little bigger) for me. I think the newer Schleich figure has weird beak shape, too bright blue color from the upper view, very unnatural pose (similar like some old Safari or PV parrots) and the feets should be grey, unfeathered, not blue...

Anyway, congratulations, Kiki, to your new addition :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Christophe, I understand your points of view. You're being coerent and that is great. Very Happy
I agree that proportions are better in Schleich macaw, however almost every parts are better shaped in Safari figure, painting is better, plastic is better too, price is lower, much more convincent getting the traditional "parrot" personality. Proportions are important to contribute to the realism of a figure but Schleich macaw doesn't have a natural looking, shape of beak, body and legs are not very realistic. Also I think the pose is not as good as it is in yellow and blue macaw.
Paws of Safari figure are huge and disturbing, they are stretched and are the only support to the figure but exagerated.
My choice is also Safari hyacint macaw, I remember my joy when I bought it while I was extremly neutral when I saw the Schleich on shops. Very Happy
Both are recomendable and the only representative of that species among major brands. Very Happy

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Before I get the SCHLEICH, I thought the SAFARI Ltd one would be unsurpassed....

So if it is a matter of taste, I agree with you, you have many good reasons to prefer the SAFARI Ltd Wink

It it is a matter of beak, I agree the SAFARI Ltd is better...

It it is a matter of painting and details on feathers, the SAFARI Ltd is better. Suspect

But, the SCHLEICH model pointed some things I never noticed on the SAFARI Ltd, it has big head and feets. The proportions of the SCHLEICH are far better. Sad(o)):

Sincerely I'm not a big SCHLEICH fan. I don't like the elephants, especially the new ones, because I think that very good details don't save bad and odd proportions. I prefer the PAPO ones which have less details but are better shaped Wink

I really like the SAFARI LTd macaw but it has bad proportions. I guess it is important to notice Laughing

...Yes, Kiki! But what you say about the beak of Schleich macaw? scratch Suspect

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

jarda wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

+1

Robert, You wrote exactly what I mean. The older Safari Ltd version is far better one (although the head is a little bigger) for me. I think the newer Schleich figure has weird beak shape, too bright blue color from the upper view, very unnatural pose (similar like some old Safari or PV parrots) and the feets should be grey, unfeathered, not blue...

Anyway, congratulations, Kiki, to your new addition :)

Roger wrote:
Christophe, I understand your points of view. You're being coerent and that is great. Very Happy
I agree that proportions are better in Schleich macaw, however almost every parts are better shaped in Safari figure, painting is better, plastic is better too, price is lower, much more convincent getting the traditional "parrot" personality. Proportions are important to contribute to the realism of a figure but Schleich macaw doesn't have a natural looking, shape of beak, body and legs are not very realistic. Also I think the pose is not as good as it is in yellow and blue macaw.
Paws of Safari figure are huge and disturbing, they are stretched and are the only support to the figure but exagerated.
My choice is also Safari hyacint macaw, I remember my joy when I bought it while I was extremly neutral when I saw the Schleich on shops. Very Happy
Both are recomendable and the only representative of that species among major brands. Very Happy

Sergey wrote:

...Yes, Kiki! But what you say about the beak of Schleich macaw? scratch Suspect

Laughing Laughing Laughing What an interesting topic cheers The kind of topic I love the most Wink discussion about a model between collectors. Sad(o)):

If I needed one more good reason to buy this SCHLEICH, this topic would be that reason.

So what about the beak ? I prefer the SAFARI Ltd beak but google a bit and maybe you will find the SCHLEICH beak is not so wrong... And a macaw is not "only" a beak.

Now if we are talking about choice, I have the great chance to have the two models and I will not sold my SAFARI Ltd Wink

If we are talking about details, the SAFARI Ltd is more interesting, as I already said, and the painting is better too.

But about realism scratch I don't know why very big head and paws are more realist than an odd beak ! I think the SCHLEICH gave me the chance to discover that my beloved SAFARI Ltd was not so perfect Wink

@ Roger: When I came to the shop, I really thought I would buy the Blue and yellow macaw, but the models were so poorly painted, worse than the vulture, that I found the Hyacinth very beautiful and let the ara on shelf. It was really awful and so expensive What a Face
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 pm

I wasn't trying to say that Schleich's hyacinth macaw was a bad figure, but just trying to say that the Safari Ltd. one's beak looked more realistic. The beak on the Schleich one isn't nearly has "hooked" as the Safari Ltd.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
I wasn't trying to say that Schleich's hyacinth macaw was a bad figure, but just trying to say that the Safari Ltd. one's beak looked more realistic. The beak on the Schleich one isn't nearly has "hooked" as the Safari Ltd.

I understand Orcagirl and my point was not a direct answer to your post, some members are thinking the same and you are not wrong. The SAFARI LTd beak is more beautiful and appealing than the SCHLEICH, it is more hooked too. Again, lots of Hyacinth macaws have also less hooked beaks than the SAFARI Ltd. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

I understand Orcagirl and my point was not a direct answer to your post, some members are thinking the same and you are not wrong. The SAFARI LTd beak is more beautiful and appealing than the SCHLEICH, it is more hooked too. Again, lots of Hyacinth macaws have also less hooked beaks than the SAFARI Ltd. Very Happy

Thanks Kiki! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting   Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyacinth macaws: SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH meeting
Page 1 of 1