Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: So ugly I must love it !   Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Does any of you also have some figueres that are "off" : without any value or wellknown brand, maybe even ugly , - but you like them very much anyway ? Rolling Eyes

For several years I had a little kitty-something with spots. There is "TOPPS" moulded on her tummy. Later I got a little Topps-racoon - I don`t remember where - , and then I saw the two gazehounds and had to have them also. Last week a seller had put a skunk in a parcel as a gift.
I don`t know what "Topps" are. One of my friends thinks they came with chocolate (THAT may be why I like them Idea ) like youwies.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These two large horses are SO kitch ! But they have "something" also. They are marked 1975 Imperial Toys.

Anybody else have horrible stuff they really like ?
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 am

Yes I do Susanne! And I think I'll love this tread! And some of yours are not ugly!:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Marked China from a bag with very cheap insects
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes I do Susanne! And I think I'll love this tread! And some of yours are not ugly!:)

Marked China from a bag with very cheap insects

...and the already known super ugly pine conetomato eater , a contribution from Nicole to this tread! Very Happy

I think that it is not ugly for her... I have more but let's see who can show worst!tongue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:11 am

Eeeek - they are really scary cheers Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Well...the Magpie Fjord comes to mind...

lol.

I was surfing Ebay recently and came across a couple of lots of the Topps animals. I have to admit that I was drawn to them. I guess is the cuteness factor. They do have a certain charm about them, don't they? :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 pm

The little kitty is a puma youngster!Similar to the new Bullyland one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I have some but I can't find any pictures.

I believe those two large horses are Breyer copies.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Yes, the larger horses are Breyer copies. They were originally sculpted by Maureen Love who passed away just a couple of years ago I think. She originally sculpted for Hagen-Renaker and I think the rights were later leased to Breyer.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Ohhh Shocked
That is what is "something" about the horses.
Those are fantastic pictures, Kristie. Are they yours ?

So Breyer must have made them many years ago, if Imperial Toys copied them in 1975, or was it the other way round..sorry I do not know much about Breyer as we never see them here.

What/who is Hagen-Renaker , please ?
Back to top Go down
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I think the molds were made by Breyer in 1975, because that stamp remained on the horses as they were produced in different colors over the years. I don't know for sure, but I think they were made by Breyer long before Imperial.

No, those photos I took off of the Hagen-Renaker site. Hagen-Renaker is a pottery company out of California. Their older stuff is worth a LOT of money. Not something I collect as I cannot afford to, but I do have a couple pieces that were gifts.

Here is their website

As you can see, they make LOTS of wonderful animal figurines, but in china, not plastic.

Here are mine.
This one is Forever Amber, she is more curio or classic scale. I don't know a lot about the vintage horses, but I do believe she was made in the 60's.

And this is a small one, a reissue of one of the ponies. You can see that the newer horses don't have the detail like the old ones do. But still cute as a bug! :)

I also have a little Dalmatian puppy and a Siamese cat, but I don't have photos of them.

Susanne, I hope I haven't derailed your thread too much!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Thank you Kristie !
Very interesting to read, - no, no, - the people in this forum are EXPERTS at derailing, it is great, good to learn from and sometimes very, very funny cheers

Perhaps derailing is THE thing about a forum that makes is much better than just looking at pictures drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Thank you Kristie !
Very interesting to read, - no, no, - the people in this forum are EXPERTS at derailing, it is great, good to learn from and sometimes very, very funny cheers

Perhaps derailing is THE thing about a forum that makes is much better than just looking at pictures drunken

Derailing, that's it!!! Finally I learned a word that means something that I usually do!
...and Susanne... have you read it... Kristie has a siamese cat!!! cat
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Derailing, that's it!!! Finally I learned a word that means something that I usually do!

Ha, ha, I can see the big crocodile on a little train, swishing his tail, and the train turns off and the cro continues out in the landscape seeking new adventures Laughing Laughing

Roger, Roger, - and Kristie, Kristie : A SIAMESE kat affraid

Kristie, - pleeeease, can you take a picture ??? cat flower sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm

[quote="SUSANNE"]

Ha, ha, I can see the big crocodile on a little train, swishing his tail, and the train turns off and the cro continues out in the landscape seeking new adventures Laughing Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 pm

*gigglesnort*

To add to the Breyer/H-R lore, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was also copied by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It has also been shrunk down for their minis and micros series, so in all there are several generations of knockoffs! As far as I know the Grand Champ version is a completely unauthorized copy, however it existed for more than a decade apparently without H-R getting involved. Possibly the one (badly) repositioned leg and the hair was enough to ensure it could never be confused with the real thing...
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Laughing Laughing My little pony Wink
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:07 pm

I have lots of My Little Pony! I loved them and I still love them :) But I don´t like the new ones, they are ugly Sad

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Meerkat

Country/State : New Jersey USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 pm

I know those Topps! I used to get them as a kid!

They were sold blind packaged and came with a paper, and a white candy baby bottle or bone depending on the series.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for these pics Meerkat
Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Thankyou, meercat !
So the riddle is finally solved, I am really happy for this information Very Happy

flower flower flower cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm

I have lots of My Little Pony! I loved them and I still love them :) But I don´t like the new ones, they are ugly Sad

I think the old ones are also much more sought, ei, higher price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 am

I have that little panda on the far right - when I lived in Canada we used to by sweets with the animals in too, there's also a rabbit from the same series and cats.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:28 am

I am reactivating this thread because i love so ugly it must be loved.
The Fugly Brothers:

I also love the infamous Nayab sheep.

Who do you have that's so awful you love them?

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:23 pm

I just HAVE to add my new friend here cheers Laughing Laughing

He surely is so ugly that I love him pig Laughing
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 am

I know those Topps! I used to get them as a kid!

They were sold blind packaged and came with a paper, and a white candy baby bottle or bone depending on the series.

OH MY GOD! I LOVED THEM WHEN I WAS A KID <3. I think they may be responsible for some of my obsessive collecting. i though i would never see them again Very Happy its nice to see some one elce has heard of them:)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P   Today at 10:28 am

Back to top Go down

Show us yours : Very ugly or very funny :-P
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next