Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today is a good bad day for me- please help

Go down 
+4
Tigrinus
SeanieP
SUSANNE
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Today is a good bad day for me- please help Empty
PostSubject: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 am

Today as the post women bells it was a phantastic day. Joan Addax and Agatas Takin find the way to me. But what then i coukd cry.

From the Addax was the horns and one ear broken and the takin have 2 broken legs. Now my question, which glue is good to repair this things. The horns and the ear are very fine so i am angry that the normal glue not help. I also have hope that plastic glue help by the legs but no chance.

Please help exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

OHHHHH NO !!!!!!!! Shocked

How horrible, horrible Sad

I am the wrong person to give adivice, because I have never been able to glue a broken model, so it isn`t visible.
But I want to say how sorry I am for you, poor Andreas Crying or Very sad

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Superglue is invisable and strong
Back to top Go down
Tigrinus

Tigrinus

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 pm

widukind wrote:
Today as the post women bells it was a phantastic day. Joan Addax and Agatas Takin find the way to me. But what then i coukd cry.

From the Addax was the horns and one ear broken and the takin have 2 broken legs. Now my question, which glue is good to repair this things. The horns and the ear are very fine so i am angry that the normal glue not help. I also have hope that plastic glue help by the legs but no chance.

Please help exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation

I don't know if I could be of any help here but since I've done model kits before, I'd figure maybe it might be useful to you.

Have you heard of the Japanese model kit brand, Tamiya? I've used one of their products, Tamiya cement before, which was quite effective in sticking model parts together without leaving ugly stains usually seen with commercial adhesive products.

http://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-87038-Extra-Thin-Cement/product-reviews/B000BMYWYC

and their full range of products that can come handy on days like this;

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/cements/kit870S01.htm

Shi Xuan

Loves Today is a good bad day for me- please help DocidWcmSOGkQL1KMsMw198h34eicx4xTqjkE4Oa8QP3jpmhDgzoom1iacthcvpx215vpy251dur2097hovh31hovw181tx135ty19page1tbnh31tbnw181start0ndsp29ved1t-42_zps70c839c3

Last edited by Tigrinus on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm

I was afraid that this could happen Evil or Very Mad Don't worry Andreas, you can easily fix it with Super Glue. Just check if parts match each other and then put a glue, but not too much. I sometimes use the nail glue, but the one which I've bought recently is not strong enough, this is probably why the legs have broken Mad If this will not help, I will send you another one.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Many many thanks for all the tips sunny sunny sunny sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:26 pm

And one more thing Andreas, if you want to glue the ear and horns back together, use tweezers to hold them - it's much easier to do it with tweezers than with your fingers, and the figure will not get dirty :) I hope everything will be okay!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Fisva wrote:
And one more thing Andreas, if you want to glue the ear and horns back together, use tweezers to hold them - it's much easier to do it with tweezers than with your fingers, and the figure will not get dirty :) I hope everything will be okay!

Thank you sunny sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Dear Andreas

some years ago I received the very expensive lineol Kudu ...in two pieces..I was so upset! But today there are many glues which can halp you and though I understand yout unhappyness I hope , well I m SURE that you will be able to solve the problem! So...waiting for the photos to arrive! My kudu was back in one piece with a very strong transparent glue, the simple " attack" (it's its name!)and...well you would never say it was a wreck!
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm very sorry for that Andreas, I have PMed you.
The horns and ears are made in separate mould and they're glued before painting with superglue.
More solutions on the PM

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 am

many many thanks again sunny sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 am

Very very bad thing Andreas No I'm sorry for you.

The good thing is it seems you are not the first and some friend here have a lot of solution Sad(o)):

Mine is telling my wife to do the job because Glue + Macaque = Nervous breakdown Laughing

Good luck cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very very bad thing Andreas No I'm sorry for you.

The good thing is it seems you are not the first and some friend here have a lot of solution Sad(o)):

Mine is telling my wife to do the job because Glue + Macaque = Nervous breakdown Laughing

Good luck cheers

Thats the spirit of our family sunny sunny sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today is a good bad day for me- please help   Today is a good bad day for me- please help Empty

Back to top Go down

Today is a good bad day for me- please help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Tutorials-
Jump to: