Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joan's M&B sea life

Go down 
+6
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
landrover
Wildheart
Joan Milelire
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

Joan's M&B sea life Empty
PostSubject: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Yesterday I received a parcel full of Maia&Borges sealife that Roger sent me. The figures have a good quality and are very well paited. So let's see what i received: a right whale, a blue whale, a minke whale and a short-beaked common dolphin affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

first let's see the minke whale. it's the same mould than the schleich one (or shcleich's is the same than M&B one Wink as anybody said probable shcleich marine figures made in Portugal were made by M&B). IMO this one is best painted than schleich model because it's more realistic Razz

The other models (blue, right and dolfin are small replicas, as yu will see now, but they're very well made bounce )
The blue whale is around 15cm long

as you can see with the picture, I think the shape of the M&B one is more realistic sunny

The right whale is also a good model. it's small too as you will see compared with the schleich sperm whale

and finally the common dolphin, compared for size with the papo one alien

Thank you again Roger!

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm

They are all so beautiful! I would love to aquire that dolphin! Very Happy cheers tongue

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:16 pm

These Maia & Borges are very well manufactured
I like very much its sizes.

Paint is very good too. congratulation. cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Schleich figures manufactured in Portugal were among the best of the brand together with those made in Germany.
So Maia & Borges quality is known everywhere but under Schleich name.
I received their birds and I'm absolutly fascinated with their quality, mainly in painting! What a Face
I confess I also love these relatively small sizes and mainly the prices. This quartet is not more expensive than a large Schleich wahle, or for example, you can get the amasing right whale for the price of a Schleich lynx! What a Face
I had the chance of judging their quality and it is excelent and highly recomendable.
About the mink whale, I'm almost sure Maia & Borges launched it in 1998 while Schleich launched in 2003. These are 2012 reeditions. So it is clear who used what. :)
There's a opened window to I start collecting sea life. Now I nonly need more money and space! Laughing
Unfortunately it is still not easy to find them in Portuguese shops yet. Sad
Joan, it was a pleasure to help you finding them and if you need some more from the remaining 11 figures from the series, you already know where to find. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:13 pm

They are WONDERFUL, Joan cheers
Brilliant pictures, and thankyou for the comparisons flower

And Roger, you are the expert here, I am happy that you are also getting some for yourself at last Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Big congratulations!! Very wonderful additions!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Wow, these are fantastic and this is a nice set of photos and comparisons. Thank you Joan! (And thanks to Roger as well of course.)

I really like the Dolphin. I like (and have) the Right Whale (under Schleich name though) and I agree with you that the model is very good. It is small though, and I've always found that a bit disappointing. That is especially the case with the Blue whale. I just want a gigantic, beautifully sculpted Blue whale. (Is that too much to ask of the world?)

Wonderful models, all of them! Congratulations.

Back to top Go down
Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:50 am

Congratulations Joan. The best for me is the minke whale
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:48 am

Congratulations Joan!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:28 am

Congratulation Joan, those are gorgeous cheers

I will buy the common dolphin for sure Very Happy

Could you share more pics of the right whale ? It seems better painted than the SCHLEICH one on your pics Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan's M&B sea life   Joan's M&B sea life Empty

Back to top Go down

Joan's M&B sea life
Page 1 of 1