Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:03

Hi there

thanks for posting the photos - the models really are far smaller than what I thought it was going to be - I didnt realise they would be smaller than the schleich models so a little disappointing for me in terms of size however I think the sculpts are absolutely stunning - the best I have ever come across and I am indeed very envious that you have these in your collection.

You say that you asked for the models not to be glued to the stand - does this mean the two rods stick out of the stand and remain there? Are there two holes in two of the models feet?

I have seen on the website that they sell a larger scale version too for museums - I wonder what the size of that would be but regardless fantastic models and congratulations :-)

Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Fri 22 Mar 2013, 22:16

Out of the four feet two have holes drilled in the bottom, there are also two holes drilled in the base to align. There are two brass wire pegs which fit into the foot and base holes so the model stays on the base.
All the pieces are separate, so the rods are not glued to the base or stick out they can be taken away if you want. They may even be able to provide models which haven't had the holes drilled in the feet yet but I'm not sure.

As far as I know they haven't produced any 1:20 scale models yet, though I'm told they are planning to make other species that are not elephants. I think those will be in 1:48 scale as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 23 Mar 2013, 21:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Numaan, Sergey: I don't have giraffe or zebras but here is a picture of the Eofauna models next to some Schleich elephants. They are significantly smaller but far superior in sculpting, this is apparent when you compare the models side by side. The Schleich African in particular has a lot of anatomical errors in the sculpting.

The models originally have metal rods stuck into two feet and are glued down. I specifically asked that my whole set not be glued to the base so I can take them off if I desire.

...Thank you, thank you Andrew! lol! lol! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sun 24 Mar 2013, 07:30

Thankyou very much for the comarison pictures !
I still can`t believe how live-looking those models are Shocked

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:01

...And one more question Andrew... There are only Proboscidean (elephant) models by Eofauna? Or maybe some more? scratch scratch Suspect

Country/State : Massachusetts

PostSubject: wow    Sat 30 Mar 2013, 01:33

They are incredible wish that some of the major brands would make some think with this quality they are amazing
Back to top Go down
whitekappa

Country/State : taiwan

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 30 Mar 2013, 04:33

Hello everyone, these models made me think of a Taiwanese sculptor, his name is Mr.suchus....I'm not sure if he is the designer of Eofauna or not? scratch ? there are some photos from his Flickr and blog, I didn't buy he artworks......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This Asian elephant is "Lin Wang", he served with the Chinese Expeditionary Force during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and later relocated to Taiwan with the Kuomintang forces. he is not only one of the most famous and popular animal in Taiwan, but also the longest-living, he died at the age of 86.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The sculptor's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://accaliazoo.blogspot.tw/
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 30 Mar 2013, 06:22

...And one more question Andrew... There are only Proboscidean (elephant) models by Eofauna? Or maybe some more? scratch scratch Suspect

I was told by Eofauna that they are thinking of other groups of animals besides proboscideans for their future products.

Hello everyone, these models made me think of a Taiwanese sculptor, his name is Mr.suchus....I'm not sure if he is the designer of Eofauna or not? scratch ? there are some photos from his Flickr and blog, I didn't buy he artworks....

Yes, these models are all sculpted by the talented Mr.Suchus from Taiwan. The forest elephant is the same as on his Flickr page but the other elephants were all sculpted new for Eofauna I believe.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 30 Mar 2013, 07:02

I was told by Eofauna that they are thinking of other groups of animals besides proboscideans for their future products.

That are good but i think also expensive news for me Laughing scratch geek

Country/State : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:16

Just wish they were so expensive they are amazing !!! That Asian elephant is incredible. !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 30 Mar 2013, 21:32

... But how much expensive Andreas? scratch

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 30 Mar 2013, 21:38

They are incredible wish that some of the major brands would make some think with this quality they are amazing

Just wish they were so expensive they are amazing !!! That Asian elephant is incredible. !!!!!
I don't think the major brands are capable of this unfortunately as has been shown by the quality of elephant figures they consistently release. I hope I'm proven wrong though in the future.

I see so many proportional/anatomical errors which suggests the sculptor didn't even look at a real elephant when the model was being made. A lot of times you will see hybrid characteristics as well, mixing Asian and African traits to make some generic creature that lacks any true resemblance of the real animal.

But how much expensive Andreas? scratch
No idea, you can try emailing the company.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 06 Apr 2013, 07:12

scratch scratch

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:49

scratch scratch

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Thu 18 Apr 2013, 03:31

Gorgeous models. Can't wait to see what else they come up with.

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Sat 18 May 2013, 16:22

Very realistic models-unfortunately, I can't find the Prices for them-so how are they ?

Of course theyc an#T be chap-teh yhave to do the 3D model, tah they have to do the 3d copy and they have to paint them by Hand..If you wnat a realstic anmal Figurine, you have a higher Price than for animal fifures for the mass market...
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Mon 20 May 2013, 02:29

Very realistic models-unfortunately, I can't find the Prices for them-so how are they ?

Of course theyc an#T be chap-teh yhave to do the 3D model, tah they have to do the 3d copy and they have to paint them by Hand..If you wnat a realstic anmal Figurine, you have a higher Price than for animal fifures for the mass market...
The models with prices can be purchased here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Also, the models are not 3d prints but are hand sculpted from clay first then cast in resin. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models   Today at 07:37

Back to top Go down

1:48 scale Proboscidean (elephant) models
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2