Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)

Go down 
+19
NightLioness
ezra18
Anne from Norway
Dum_my
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Carola
widukind
TheSpottedCat
sadie3112
Tarunyada
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
sortepletter
Silver Unicornis
Roger
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 11:45 am

Really lovely additions Very Happy Champagne Toast especially and bay Copperfox Cob.

TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:06 am

LeeAnn wrote:
Love Aurelius I love you I have to show mine more often, he never makes it into the string for some reason Very Happy

I always thought he would work nicely in performance. I can hardly make bridles for myself thought and there no competitions close to me anyway.
What breed do you show him as? He might work as an azteca horse *hint hint*

Dum_my wrote:
Beautifull eddetions!
Congrats.
those rearing boy;s are very nice, nice pictures also :)
Carola wrote:
Really lovely additions Very Happy Champagne Toast especially and bay Copperfox Cob.

Thank you Smile
Yeah, those rearing ones do look good together. Sadly the dapple grey had to shift shelves as it got to crowded for the moment.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 am

cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:13 pm

TheSpottedCat wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:
Love Aurelius I love you I have to show mine more often, he never makes it into the string for some reason Very Happy

I always thought he would work nicely in performance. I can hardly make bridles for myself thought and there no competitions close to me anyway.
What breed do you show him as? He might work as an azteca horse *hint hint*

Oh yes, he would look great in performance! Lindy Pinkham made a circus costume for her Orion, he looks awesome Very Happy

I've been showing him as Cayuse Indian Horse with documentation but he just isn't pinning. My Two Step is NANd as an Azteca and there have been a lot of Desatados scoring NAN cards as Aztecas lately so I was thinking of changing the breed. Very Happy You've convinced me to finally do it - thank you! I love you

You should come to the US and show with me Wink Laughing

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:05 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Oh yes, he would look great in performance! Lindy Pinkham made a circus costume for her Orion, he looks awesome Very Happy

I've been showing him as Cayuse Indian Horse with documentation but he just isn't pinning. My Two Step is NANd as an Azteca and there have been a lot of Desatados scoring NAN cards as Aztecas lately so I was thinking of changing the breed. Very Happy You've convinced me to finally do it - thank you! I love you

You should come to the US and show with me Wink Laughing

I'd love to come, but not for a couple of years at least. I hope to go to BF at least once in my life. And just generally visit USA  Smile

---

I have some more horses to share. And still more after that. Someday. Someday.

Let's start with this horsie, from Denmark (and originally from you LeeAnn)
Simba. Oh, how I wish they had given him a long tail. But that is always my complain when it comes to short tailed horses.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bluegrass Bandit. The only one colour I like on this mold. His face is rather cartoony, but I really like his body and ears.
GG Valentine in matte. It was hard choosing if I wanted glossy or not.
Heartbreaker did not end up in the photo because I don't really care much for him.
On top of it he is soooo wobbly. I have to use coins under two of his hooves to keep him standing straight and not fall over.
I think this is actually a really nice mold, I wish they release her alone in more colours as a RR.
Maybe as a buckskin or palomino (I really like cream dilutes...)
Cosette, Mariah and a tiny little foal from a foal set. He was intended for sale. And then he arrived.
Peter Stone Poppet OOAK
It has both a snip and a star. Best combo ever.

And now to the best thing ever.

Peter Stone Nature's Wonder OOAK. I love you  I love you  I love you

Also from darling. I love you  I got it several months ago. I originally wanted the one with blue flowers, but got outbid.
So I settled with this one. And now I actually think it gives more balance to the overall appearance.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:16 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 am

I have looked through this whole thread now, and really admired every single one of your horses! They are gorgeous! I have never seen a Breyer horse in real life before, don't know if one can get them in Norway?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Hey, those last two aren't Breyers!! lol! LOVE that dapple grey!

Congrats! Haha, Simba is a world traveler! cheers

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
I have looked through this whole thread now, and really admired every single one of your horses! They are gorgeous! I have never seen a Breyer horse in real life before, don't know if one can get them in Norway?

Thank you, nice to know you appreciated them.
I know you can get them in Sweden, Denmark and Finland. So might be possible in Norway. They are far more pricier in Sweden than in other countries.
So I often buy my models from Germany or Britain. Sometimes I find things in Sweden from private persons and sometimes I find things from other countries, like from people here on STS or just by random change.
I have a few things from USA, but not only are the shipping expensive, I have often of late been required to pay custom fees which are very, very expensive  pale  Sad
And ebay have even started to demand their own custom fees that are not the same as the ones in Sweden. So there's that  Crying or Very sad

LeeAnn wrote:
Hey, those last two aren't Breyers!! lol!  LOVE that dapple grey!

Congrats! Haha, Simba is a world traveler! cheers

Well... uhhh... yes... I was very confused in the beginning trying to decide what my topics where and so on... and I'm apparently not a very well-organized person. Now I just wished this one was in a more general area. I'm going to continue posting Peter Stone, Copperfox and other alike brand's here anyway. I think they are more alike each other than they are to Schleich, Papo, Mojö etc.

Laughing Yeah, Denmark is however not too far away from me.

On other... very late notes.

Look what darling got me for Christmas. Couldn't even wait until evening. I pretty much got it shoved in my face as I woke up.
It was covered in tinfoil under the wrapping paper. Do you get it? Tin-Foil. Foiled Again. Apparently that was the reason this horse was bought.
I honestly like this mold, is has such nice colouring with some white markings. The yellow halter really pops and is just my kind of hideous.
The mold even have the freeze branding at the neck. So neat!  Smile
Just so bad it's passing instead of trotting. Have any of you ever ridden in it though? It's really fun. The owner to the horse I rode went angry every time the horse did it.
So I was not allowed to do so more than a few steps it took for him to go over to the trot.

And look what I found! A sugarbush draft named Harley's Classic O from Peter Stone. For a great deal too in nice shape. Better than most things I conquered.
But as usual, to bad it was not a long tail version.
This is a huge model by the way.
One day I hope to own a custom sculpted and/or painted model that's more realistic to the real horse, with a long tail!

And Pink Magnus is just so fun having standing beside the big horses. Such size differences in the same scale.

Here is the real horse.

Aaaand my own Christmas present to myself. Another Peter Stone, Neptune. Kind of like a consolation price for not being able to buy the prettier ones I find on USA Evilbay.
Black roan was my favorite colour a couple of years ago, now I often just look past it.
I got this anyway with the mind I might regret not buying it, and I might start to love black roans again someday.
And it have a snip and a star  cheers

And here is my Breyer classic morgan conga as it stands now.
Anybody seeing something new? Maybe you recognise it. Dark Pegasus painted the grey horse. And I bought the far right one from LeeAnn.
I waited posting it because I wanted to buy the light grey horse that comes with a pink blanket and a dog.
But having a hard time deciding what to buy first and being poor sparing I have yet to actually do it.
I also get other things first, like the black roan. So yeah.
My darling had the bad taste of pointing out the noodle forleg of my conga. So now, it, can't, be, unseen.

On yet other notes. Darling don't care for horses and horse-like things. But yet look what poked out of darlings Christmas haul.
No it was not me giving away this beauty. I'm not that tasteless  What a Face
I know, I know. Princess don't fit into this topic. But I needed some kind of size chart. Miss Tutu Zebra totally belongs with the other fancies, right?
And I haven't taken photos of Princess and her same scale mates yet.
Back to top Go down
ezra18

ezra18

Country/State : VIC

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 am

Beautiful horses all of them, all so different Very Happy
I agree Foiled Again is a lovely boy I just received him the mail yesterday and I think he has a gorgeous, alert face Smile

And that Neptune.... well what I can say he is STUNNING a great looking boy even if he is only a consolation prize  ! I love the one next to him also who is he?
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 12:13 pm

Congratz on the new ones Very Happy
Bautifull pictures again.
Great horses to see Very Happy
Like to watch your comments to :)

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Haha that's okay Very Happy You can change the name of the topic to match better if you want, or I can do it for you Wink

I loved Neptune since he was released. Never got around to buying him though.

I have a Classic Morgan body sitting here, I started painting it bay but I don't think it's going to work out. Maybe you'd be interested in having her painted? Wink

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 am

ezra18 wrote:
Beautiful horses all of them, all so different Very Happy
I agree Foiled Again is a lovely boy I just received him the mail yesterday and I think he has a gorgeous, alert face Smile

And that Neptune.... well what I can say he is STUNNING a great looking boy even if he is only a consolation prize  ! I love the one next to him also who is he?

Thank you ^^

The arabian's name is Twist and is also from Peter Stone.

Dum_my wrote:
Congratz on the new ones Very Happy
Bautifull pictures again.
Great horses to see Very Happy
Like to watch your comments to :)

Thank you. It's fun to know people appreciate my commentary  Smile

LeeAnn wrote:
Haha that's okay Very Happy You can change the name of the topic to match better if you want, or I can do it for you Wink

I loved Neptune since he was released. Never got around to buying him though.

I have a Classic Morgan body sitting here, I started painting it bay but I don't think it's going to work out. Maybe you'd be interested in having her painted? Wink

Thank you, I just don't know what to actually name it. Since it's not just traditional scale. Maybe I should just morf all my additions topics into one.
Making me and everyone else confused along the way. Or just create a new one, "TheSpottedCat's Collection" and continue posting all things there with links back to the old topics.

Now now, if I'm to have tons of custom horses the conga will literary never end  Suspect
But very tempting, can I choose a new colour? Seeing as the bay's not working out.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:04 pm

TheSpottedCat wrote:

Now now, if I'm to have tons of custom horses the conga will literary never end  Suspect
But very tempting, can I choose a new colour? Seeing as the bay's not working out.

What's wrong with a never-ending conga? Wink

Sure, if you want to pick a different color or I can strip her and redo the bay that's fine too Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:38 am

Wow that are a lot of beautiful new horses Very Happy Especially like Classic O Very Happy

Princess indeed hangs out with the flashy types Razz

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Great additions :)

Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:14 pm

I'm so sorry for just disappearing. Things have been so busy.

LeeAnn wrote:
TheSpottedCat wrote:

What's wrong with a never-ending conga? Wink

Sure, if you want to pick a different color or I can strip her and redo the bay that's fine too Very Happy

It's not wrong. But I live in a very small apartment and can't fit everything in. I still have a bit of room left.
But the horses are fighting for room with a ton of books too. But it seems no one wants to buy anything I ever try to sell.
At least not much of it. I guess I should just give it away to my niece who likes model horses. But it's hard when she only have one birthday and one Christmas.
I already give her to many things. Like books.

But I will send you a note.

And would you mind changing this topic into "TheSpottedCat's Collection" and put it into the collections forum?
Thank you.

Carola wrote:
Wow that are a lot of beautiful new horses Very Happy Especially like Classic O Very Happy

Princess indeed hangs out with the flashy types Razz

Thank you :)

Of course, she's like the unliked mascot or something.
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is conga?
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:45 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is conga?

Conga is when one collects duplicates of the same mold several times, either in the same colours, in variations, or in separate colours.
Sometimes even with different body parts, like different manes and tails or even headsets or legs.

Here is an example just for fun.
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:26 pm

I have several new border collies in different kind of scales. Two from Breyer, the biggest and the smallest, and one from Schleich. It was supposed to the other colour on the smallest collie, but the picture from the site was the wrong picture.
I also have my first corgi from the Pet Groomer Set (61024), just like the cat. I kind of call him caramel, because it looks like the a sort of caramel candy you can find in Swedish stores.
His eyes are not the best thought, and I'm looking if I can find the corgi from the Classics Animal Rescue Set (61036).
I finally have this adorable foal. I really like the lying down foal, and I'm planing to try conga it. I have wanted to have the red roan one for a long time.
And it really fits nicely with my roan quarter horse too. And the cats are sooo tiny. I'm afraid to drop them on the floor and never find them again.
I also have this new palomino. It's so pretty and dark.
New big Breyer cat in comparison with New-Rey cat and tiny stablemate cat.
I was not supposed to get the peruvian paso. But I gave in after what felt like to much complications with the seller.
It's actually very nice in colours, so shiny. It fits great with my paso fino.
But are the leg really supposed to stretche out this much to the side?

I have to go now, but will try post more of the new and "new" things soon.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:46 am

Very beautiful pictures with wonderful figures and comparisons! I love especially the Stable Mate World. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:15 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Lovely models, congrats! Very Happy I'd like to get the red roan foal and the kitties for myself eventually.

Your Paso's leg is supposed to be like that Wink Real Pasos throw their legs out to the side when they walk, it's a characteristic of the breed. If you look up some videos of Pasos you can see it Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Yay! Border Collies Very Happy Razz

All are fantastic of course Very Happy
Really like, just as Roger, the smaller scale cats and the foal is cute!

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Roger wrote:
Very beautiful pictures with wonderful figures and comparisons! I love especially the Stable Mate World. Very Happy

I have found I really like collecting so tiny animals, to bad there are not too many of them from Breyer.

LeeAnn wrote:
Lovely models, congrats! Very Happy I'd like to get the red roan foal and the kitties for myself eventually.

Your Paso's leg is supposed to be like that Wink Real Pasos throw their legs out to the side when they walk, it's a characteristic of the breed. If you look up some videos of Pasos you can see it Very Happy

Yeah, I figured. I just think it looks weird.

NightLioness wrote:
Yay! Border Collies Very Happy Razz

All are fantastic of course Very Happy
Really like, just as Roger, the smaller scale cats and the foal is cute!

I was thinking of you all the way Razz I don't really like real life border collies, they just feel so stressed and aggressive. But they are pretty to look at. And who doesn't find them interesting seeing as they are the most intelligent dog breed of all. I think one of my siblings wanted to buy one, or if was just a sheltie scratch

---

It was the wrong horse! I wanted the appaloosa! But meh. I keep it just because it's harder to sell it.
And it's shading is rather nice irl.
Now I also have two calves. What to do with them? Idk. Maybe dream a little more of actually doing a diorama or performance entry.
Oh, look, a bigger calf.
It's almost like I actually buy whole sets.
I also come to the conclusion as I unpacked the horse that it is strikingly similar to the soon to be buckskin blanket Nokota Breyer horse.
So now I don't know if I need the nokota if/when it becomes available.
This horse is btw in classic scale but the dog, cat and calf seems to be traditional if I'm not to tired or confused.
I'm peeking at the calf with a white face that is at the moment selling with the same horse mold, but in a boring whole bay colour, and wondering if it is worth it.
I already have so many things I have yet to buy that have been retired, and therefore have their price increased on MPV. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)   The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The SpottedCat's Collection (New: 1th July)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next