Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday

Go down 
+3
Wildheart
SUSANNE
Roger
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday Empty
PostSubject: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear friends,
My niece is completing 5 years old soon, I asked her what she wants and she said that she wants a big dino with a long neck!
So, I need your help and you will choose a dino.
She's young but I want a 1:40 dino and nice... I don't want that she understands yet that her uncle is stupid!!!:lol:Than I'll tell you that my STS friends are responsible for the gift and, if possible, I'll take a photo to show you!
Who knows... someday she will be in this forum too!
Don't worry, you choose and I pay! :)

Last edited by Roger on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:17 pm

WOW, what a great job for collectors of Dinos alien

I bounce to read about good suggestions and, - hopefully - wonderful pictures cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:12 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW, what a great job for collectors of Dinos alien

I bounce to read about good suggestions and, - hopefully - wonderful pictures cheers

Thanks Susanne! You have the same name of my sister, mother of my niece! :):)
Of course in the Portuguese version (Susana) its name was mychoice... now I'm waiting for your choice for a sauropoda... :)

Last edited by Roger on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

It doesn't have to be big for the 1:40 scale.
2 of my favourite sauropods are the Safari Saltasaurus and Amargasaurus.And they are both the perfect size!I highly recommend them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:35 pm

1/40 ? Sauropod toys are often at different scale even when they are announced 1/40.

here is my list if I could help :

The spectacular CollactA deluxe Jobaria 1/40

The strange looking with an odd platypus head CollactA deluxe 1/30

The Safari ltd 2010 apatosaurus, very accurate and very very fine 1/45

The Safari ltd diplodocus , accurate and fine, 1/35

The Safari ltd 2010 brachiosaurus, absolutely up to date and very fine but... 1/64

The Safari ltd Nigersaurus, very fine and very accurate but 1/30

The Safari ltd camarasaurus, very fine and accurate, 1/45

At last, if you look for something big, impressive and well made BUT very inaccurate, you can choose a Schleich
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:00 pm

The Nigersaurus may fit into 1:40.Measured it today! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks Willy and Christophe!
So the scale don't need to be perfectly 1:40. She wants a sauropoda to play with its Bullyland giganatosaurus (this dino was her own choice from catalogues of 4 brands!).
So this time is not her choice but from STS people!
I'm loving ideas and search it on web... but I need more...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Roger wrote:

Thanks Susanne! You have the same name of my sister, mother of my nephew! :):)
Of course in the Portuguese version (Susana) its name was mychoice... now I'm waiting for your choice for a sauropoda... :)

Great name ! Tell her hello from me, please Wink

I know absolutely nothing about donoes, I have some Classics from Schleich and 3 wery strange ones from Chap Mei jocolor

But If you look for some with long necks, I found these in an old Safari-catalogue, they sure have long necks Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I kind of like the one to the left. Don`t know if it is still available
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:29 pm

They are available Suzanne... But they are not sauropods Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks Susanne! You have the same name of my sister, mother of my niece! :):)

Great name ! Tell her hello from me, please Wink

I know absolutely nothing about donoes, I have some Classics from Schleich and 3 wery strange ones from Chap Mei jocolor

But If you look for some with long necks, I found these in an old Safari-catalogue, they sure have long necks Laughing

I kind of like the one to the left. Don`t know if it is still available

Off course I'll talk to her about you Susanne!
Those long necked animals are plesiosaurus, they are very funny and incredible...

Last edited by Roger on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Gosh, I`m really ignorant Embarassed

What are sauropods then ????
I thought they were all dinoes geek

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:37 pm

If you want an animal to feed a giganatosaurus, the only available now is the saltasaurus, from safari or schleich.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

The ones you are showing are even not dinosaurs Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Nobody knows everything... you are our cats expert!!! Some others are experts of other things and I'm expert in nothing!!!:)
I've found this sauropoda in this forum... sorry Kiki pics's yours!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:40 am

Roger wrote:
Dear friends,
My nephew is completing 5 years old soon, I asked her what she wants and she said that she wants a big dino with a long neck!
So, I need your help and you will choose a dino.
She's young but I want a 1:40 dino and nice... I don't want that she understands yet that her uncle is stupid!!!:lol:Than I'll tell you that my STS friends are responsible for the gift and, if possible, I'll take a photo to show you!
Who knows... someday she will be in this forum too!
Don't worry, you choose and I pay! :)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ...I think, Roger, it,s maybe brakhiosaurs or apatosaurs by Schleich or Safari (Carnegie Collection)... Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 am

Kikimalou wrote:
If you want an animal to feed a giganatosaurus, the only available now is the saltasaurus, from safari or schleich.

Christophe, are you talking about Saltasaurus because it's from the same period and geographic area than Giganatosaurus?
Another question... what CollectA dino are you talking with a platypus looking?

By the way, Sergey! Thanks for your suggestions and I still know this photos from your wonderfull collection :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:09 am

Roger wrote:

Nobody knows everything... you are our cats expert!!! Some others are experts of other things and I'm expert in nothing!!!:)

Thank you, Roger I love you flower

Those, - erhmmm - dinoes are really, really impressive !!!!
I browsed a bit in Ebay in USA and UK last evening, there are som amazing ones, - even some with feathers Shocked
I`m sure they have a special name, too Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 am

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Christophe, are you talking about Saltasaurus because it's from the same period and geographic area than Giganatosaurus?

Yes Roger, we know giganatosaurus hunted titanosaurs but there is nod ecent one on the market now, but the salatasaurus are titanosaurs cousins from the same area and period. So it's agood chice.... But small !

Roger wrote:

Another question... what CollectA dino are you talking with a platypus looking?

I'm talking about the Agustinia deluxe. This model is very fine except the head. The agustinia fossil was found without the head but the imagination of the CollectA sculptor is big because we never found a sauropod with such a strange head

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you, Roger I love you flower

Those, - erhmmm - dinoes are really, really impressive !!!!
I browsed a bit in Ebay in USA and UK last evening, there are som amazing ones, - even some with feathers Shocked
I`m sure they have a special name, too Wink

Yes Suzanne, those feathered dinos are found among the theropods, and they are close relatives to birds. But paleontologist found more and more fossils which seems to have protofeathers so we will learn more again and again.

Suzanne, I know a bit about dinos but nothing about cats, dogs or horses breeds so you help me too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I've changed to niece because in fact she is a girl!!!:)
My english is terrible and I don't use translators Sleep I need to study

Saltasaurus has a funny name in portuguese, it sounds like jumping dino!
Christophe, thanks again! Do you have any photo of saltasaurus near a big theropoda? It could be a T-Rex, Spino or so...
Willy WH, I know you have a Spino, I love that guy, I'm from a fishers town and I love everything which have a sail!:)
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 am

Im sorry, i just had to have my say in this.

What is a Sauropod? A large long necked dinosaur with a wipe like tail

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 pm

Takama wrote:
Im sorry, i just had to have my say in this.

What is a Sauropod? A large long necked dinosaur with a wipe like tail

Laughing Thanks Takama for bringing back this topic. Very Happy
It is a hsame, although all this help from our great friends, I haven't bought a sauropod to my niece's 5th birthday. pale
She received some other animals but I can't remember which, now she is 7 years old but animal figures are always my favorite presents to her. She would love it once recently she was playing with her Bullyland giganotosaurus. Maybe someday. Very Happy

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 am

I'm not sure what scale it is (I think it's between 1:43 and 1:51, correct me if I'm wrong), but how about the Safari Ltd Wild Safari Dinos apatosaurus from 2010?

It's the one in front with Invicta's in the back.

This website has walk around pictures and pictures of it in comparison with dinos from Safari Ltd.'s Wild Safari and Carnegie lines.

EDIT: I'm aware that this is an old topic, but you might consider this for a future purchase for her.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 am

Yes, that is a decently sized figure for any child. and i do belive its in the 1:40s Scale range

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:45 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
I'm not sure what scale it is (I think it's between 1:43 and 1:51, correct me if I'm wrong), but how about the Safari Ltd Wild Safari Dinos apatosaurus from 2010?

This website has walk around pictures and pictures of it in comparison with dinos from Safari Ltd.'s Wild Safari and Carnegie lines.

EDIT: I'm aware that this is an old topic, but you might consider this for a future purchase for her.

Laughing Thank you Orcagirl Very Happy

There is another website called STS Forum where you can find a walkaround of the SAFARI Ltd Apatosaurus. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday   I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday Empty

Back to top Go down

I need a sauropoda for my niece 5th birthday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next