Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem
You want to help STS to have a new Banner for 2018 ? You can do it HERE

Share | 

1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:23 am

After many many years of collecting, i found the 1347 Britains black panther for a reasonable price, and just today i had it in! cheers  cheers  cheers
Such a small model, but so much sought after, and the rarest of all the Britains plastic models! Shocked
Here it is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here with his collegues, sorry for the bad pic...

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:54 am

congratulations Willy!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 am

CONGRATULATIONS, Willy cheers

A lovely model with a great pose !
So this one is even more rare than the platypus ?

Nothing so great as to fine a long-sought, rare model Sad(o)):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 am

Congratulations Willy cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

That you find so a rare model for your collection before easter is great cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After many many years of collecting, i found the 1347 Britains black panther for a reasonable price, and just today i had it in! cheers cheers cheers
Such a small model, but so much sought after, and the rarest of all the Britains plastic models! Shocked
Here it is!

Here with his collegue, sorry for the bad pic...

It's Easter ;-) congratulation!
Back to top Go down
http://plahotiere.tberg.de/
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Well done Willy!!At present I have 2 of these panthers and did a trade with Numaan a few years ago for this model.If only I had known you wanted a model back then! Sad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Thank you all guys! cheers
I am a happy man! Very Happy

Well Susanne, i think both are rare, but this seems to be even rarer then the platypus... Rolling Eyes

You couldn't have know Taylor, but you can help me out with some other ones i am still searching... Laughing
I need the old Asian elephant and the running African bull elephant as the last ones for a decent price... Laughing
And some of the mini-sets with animals to... farao

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Congratulations, Willy! :)

Please can anybody explain what is "good price" for good condition Britains black panther? If I remember well, one such standalone figure was offered on UK E-Bay for cca 26 GBP. I asked Richard for average price but he answered that this figure is out of stock now...
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Wow, what a lovely panther! And it had to be great feeling to get long searched model into collection! I'm happy for You Very Happy  Congratulations! Applause  cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Willy
Will certainly look out for those for you.The running bull African Elephant is hard to come by even in the UK and its generally quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks guys! cheers
The last time i found one on ebay-UK, they asked me 75 euro for it... affraid Jarda...
Now i paid 35 euro, which is acceptable i think... Rolling Eyes
Thanks for looking out for me Taylor!!! cheers

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 am

Nice to see you're happy! After 40 years of collecting you still can find some figures that give you the joy we already know. Very Happy
It is great that it is not anymore a black hole in the middle of your Britains galaxy, now only a little, rare and beautiful black panther. Congratulations and good luck finding other treasures. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mreyder

Country/State : Holland

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Very good addition, this black panther. I don't own this one either. 75 euro is a normal price for the black panther.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bokkerijdersburcht.nl/britains
jarda

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:42 am

Thanks guys! cheers
The last time i found one on ebay-UK, they asked me 75 euro for it... affraid Jarda...
Now i paid 35 euro, which is acceptable i think... Rolling Eyes

Uffffff! (Much) more expensive figure than I expected... Thank You very much for your infos, Willy, and congrats again! :)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Thank you all 3! Very Happy
Yes, i know, i saw this model often for a price of 75 euro, so i was lucky to get him cheaper this time... cheers

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you all 3! Very Happy
Yes, i know, i saw this model often for a price of 75 euro, so i was Lucky to get him cheaper this time... cheers

Nice addition Willy and you got him cheaply.

The last time I looked for a price for the black panther it was March 2006 and it sold via e-bay for £72!

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:02 am

Thank you very much Chris, i already thought i got him relatively cheap, so a good catch in several ways! cheers Very Happy king

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Tue May 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Now on E-Bay:
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed May 15, 2013 12:01 am

The biddings will go up quickly. believe me! Shocked

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 am

Now on E-Bay:

The black panther here looks like the later PVC version.

Thanks for the link jarda.

eybutrick

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:45 am

Hi,
I found this model in my Britains collection, but does not look like the famous panther.  It does have "Made in England" stamped on the side.   Any idea on the make of this model?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:00 am

Hi,
I found this model in my Britains collection, but does not look like the famous panther.  It does have "Made in England" stamped on the side.   Any idea on the make of this model?
Thanks!

I think your panther is from Timpo Toys, they're similar sized, also vintage and marked made in England.
However, please check in the link below
Welcome on forum! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
eybutrick

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 am

Thanks! You are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:08 am

Thanks!  You are awesome!

Thanks, if you think I am awesome, wait to see how others are! Laughing
We have some real experts of vintage figures on forum and I am surely not one of them.
I hope you enjoy and you're welcome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:02 am

Hi,
Thanks!
Welcome here :)

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:41 am

Welcome on STS Very Happy

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:15 am

Hi,
Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I look forward to you telling us about the general scope of your collection, and am sure those of us who are vintage experts will be able to identify most, but probably not all, of your 'unknowns'. As you're probably aware, there are some vintage figures which no one in the collecting community knows who made them.
Back to top Go down
eybutrick

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks for all the kind wishes! I have a small zoo collection of just under 50 pieces from my childhood. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 pm

I see all UK made, and mostly Britains, except for:

Cherilea: baby giraffes
Timpo: brown kangaroo, brown walrus, white llama, pouncing lioness, and of course, the black panther.
Back to top Go down
eybutrick

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks! I am very impressed with your knowledge!
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 pm

I forgot to mention the zoo railings: Britains on the left, Timpo on the right.
Back to top Go down
eybutrick

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Wow!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:30 am

Very cool! I have both versions that I got in 84'! Enjoy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:03 am

And the black saberantelope is most probably a Hong Kong copy, which you could see under it, or Singapore, from the 1960's or 1970's.

PostSubject: Re: 1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!   

Back to top Go down

1347 Britains black panther: Finally, i got him!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1