Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting a conga line

Go down 
+5
aandmkw
Ana
Roger
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Getting a conga line Empty
PostSubject: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

It's almost done.

Only three more horses left (not to mention colour variations), but two of them seem to be so HTF, that I would be more lucky in getting an unpainted copy of SMB's Stormwatch than these two, I suppose. Crying or Very sad
Gaucho and two horses from the Triple Crown Winners Sets (1987-1988). While the first one can be found on Ebay and MH$P, the other two are almost impossible to find Rolling Eyes It was a lucky chance I grabbed the sorrel one from the QVC SE Set, but I have no idea how many years I should spend visiting Ebay and MH$P tent times a day just to see at least one of them on sale. Evil or Very Mad No matter the whole set or the only Terrang mold itself.
At times I start thinking that the only way is to go to Breyerfest and try the Swap Meeting there. scratch

It's really funny how happy I feel when I get some older Breyer. There are so many new and marvellous molds, but I don't feel like buying most of them. Of cause I got a new Classic Morab Mare, and Marwari model, but they seem to be exclusions. While my fellow collectors from Russia keep some money for Totilas, Brishen mold (Tinker), Lusitano (Esprit mold) and many more, I do my best to complete the Terrang conga, and look through the online auctions for different Appaloosas on Chris Hess molds. Rolling Eyes And feel even more happy and cheerful when I manage to get one in shelf quality than my fellow collectors with their new and shining recent molds.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's 2/3 finished now, my Terrang conga, and I already feel so proud about what I have. Very Happy No test colours, no wide range of colour variations or cool customs, even the three OFs are still missing, but even those in the line were so difficult to find. Especially here, in Russia. Of cause getting a conga line isn't such a challenge (maybe with some particular models) for most of the model horse collectors, unless the molds you are keen on are retired more than ten years ago. Twisted Evil And some of the rarest models from this conga you haven't seen neither in person, nor on good photos so that you can see the details.

Thanks God we have the Internet now, and there's a small chance I would meet the missing models one day. And make sure that they exist not only on Ponylagoon and IYB archive photos, but in real life as well. Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 pm

They are SO lovely drunken cheers

I also like the older ones best, even if the later ones are beautyful, of course geek

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:15 am

Remember that the hardest to find has best taste. It is evident in your words all the effort you're puting in your collection and surely it is a hard task for someone from Russia to find some rare figures that probably only drops in US auctions. I am sure you are proud and happy with what you were already able to find and to afford and with luck you will complete them. Sometimes new fashions take place and what was not affordable before can drop in an irrefusable chance. Hope and patience are the food of a collector and we cannot live without food. Good luck and congratulations! Very Happy

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:02 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are SO lovely drunken cheers

I also like the older ones best, even if the later ones are beautyful, of course geek
Yes) They have more personality in them. :)

Roger
You're right- about the taste) But the funny thing is that when I got the rare sorrel Terrang, I've been mad for just a few secomds- and then I realised that the others still lefr (exept Gaucho) would be even more difficut to grab:( Alas(

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Beautiful collection of Terangs Very Happy Congratulations Daria! I love the chestnut one especially Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Beautiful collection of horses. They are all so lovely. Congratulations on this collection and good luck finding the rest. They are gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:06 am

Congratulations for this nice horses cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The-Toy-Chest

The-Toy-Chest

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:11 pm

I adore the old Classic racehorses Maureen Love sculpted for Breyer and have several myself.  You have a lovely and admirable Terrang conga.  I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://the-toy-chest.deviantart.com/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Thank you all)
I was lucky enough to get two more Terrang molds (Gaucho and Count Fleet, cheers ), but the sorrel one (the last!) escaped once more. The quest continues)

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Lovely conga! The Terrang mold is one of my favorites - in fact all the classic Love racehorses are - and the one that made me reconsider my "no congas bigger than SM scale" rule. Sometimes you just have to get the whole set, especially when they look so good in any color.cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
googie212

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:51 pm

LOL lol! Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a conga line   Getting a conga line Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a conga line
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Breyer-
Jump to: