Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Schleich elephant with an unusual tag

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Schleich elephant with an unusual tag   Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:12 am

I just today bought the old female Indian Elephant. The store had four left, and, as always I chose the one which was best, in terms of damages. After picking it up, I noticed that the leg ribbon had a yellow spot ($6.49) instead of a gray one ($7.99). I'm not sure why this has happened, when it was scanned it came up as the correct animal, so no one was switching tags. I was wondering if this is a misprint or mistake of some sort, and if it was one, would it be worth anything at auction? Thanks in advance. elephant
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich elephant with an unusual tag   Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 am

Congratulations with your find cheers

It sounds like they did a printing error on the colour, doesn`t it ? scratch

I have no idea about price ! Most often I ( most people? ) take the price tag off and throw it away Rolling Eyes

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich elephant with an unusual tag   Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:52 am

I don't know but I have seen few times different situation: animal which has cheaper spot on website had more expensive colour in the shop... Rolling Eyes I thought maybe someone exchange these price tag to buy other animal cheaper or so Shocked Rolling Eyes

But it could be that was just mistake in factory too :) scratch
Anyway congrats on Your find :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich elephant with an unusual tag   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:40 am

Congrats for your find cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich elephant with an unusual tag   Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks. I had an explanation myself, that it was once a lower price, and was since raised, but I think it being an error was more likely. this would be my second misprint, after a Safari suchomimus with a T. rex label.
To answer Ana, I have also seen such a thing where the store raised the price, the store's sticker was put over the original colour to put it in a higher price group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich elephant with an unusual tag   Today at 11:10 am

Back to top Go down

Schleich elephant with an unusual tag
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1