Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2011: At last !

Go down 
+46
landrover
remowshake
Barricade
stitch
baltimore zoo
wilt
shadowmoon
Tupolew Tu-154
FLIPPI
apichartu
essimon
joaovinicius16
sphyrna18
SchleichHorsesForever
Miss Mufflon
atabini
Titwen
alexmotoc
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
lucky luke
pm64
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
diversity
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Roger
Rio
Kiryuha
Yurumi
Zwartvoet
MartinH
Numa
smhilin
remrock02
Arrakai
HKHollinstone
Admin
stecal
Ana
Deseo
Gabe
JOANNAJM
Siobhan
Wildheart
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Thank you so much Numaan, the list sounds great and I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 pm

...No wolverine? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad It's very bad... So we,ll have only one model of the wolverine by Bullyland... It,s very bad because wolverine is very rare model in collections, but it,s very colourful forest animal... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 pm

i,m a little beat disappointed. first we,ve got an african buffalo male with calf and kudu male with calf...where is the females?maybe next year? who knows.... Second ....we have a rabbit factory...four models? is too much...why? i hope than the cats to be in a smaller scale...looks nice...only the little yellow cat it seems to be dreaming.the horses are ok, but the knabstrupper stallion isn,t how i was expected...The longhorn cow and calf are good models, also the gooses. The arctic fox kit looks like Husky puppy and the stag is like the old model. So...i was expected more....( ps. sorry for my enghlish if i make gramatical mistakes)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for the news, Numaan!
Although the news is disappointing... Only 14 figures of wild animals??! No wolverine???!
And what about new trees, have you seen any signs of them?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
smhilin

smhilin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm

thanks for the new information!!
I would love to see the pictures of them, but I dont know how to send e-mails! Sad
could you please send me an e-mail with the pictures of the 2011 schleich?
the badgers and stag sound exciting! Very Happy What a Face cheers
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm

More rabbits ?

Woohoo cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I am a happy collector right now
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: My views on the models   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:15 am

It is a preview document but I find it a little strange compared to the one last year. Firstly there is no introductory page with logos and details across the top and bottom and there seems to be a slight problem with the buffalo picture (especially when you print the pdf). I think it is an early 'work in progress' document and naturally it doesn't show other series items. I wonder if there is even the slightest chance that more models will come out? But regardless I find it all really quite upsetting that Schleich have neglected the animal market and decided to introduce so few models. Compared to previous boom years, this is just a slump - has the recession finally hit Schleich?!

My views on each wildlife model. I am not a collect of the farm animals so I wont mention those for now but I do think the Knabstrupper horse and texas longhorn cows are absolutely stunning. Their pose and paintwork is superb.

Animal Review (my opinions):

Penguin with Chick - this is just like one from Papo and I am not so keen on it. The current penguin is quite handsome along with the chicks. I dont think we really neded this particular model. It looks a little clumpy to me.

Giant Tortoise Baby - A nice addition, looks nice and will match the parent one nicely. Unusual to see a tortoise baby so great!

Bald Eagle - This model is much more details, refined and more elegant than the curent one. Legs look a little funny so I dont know until we see the real thing. All in all nice but I dont see where the 'Sea Eagle' mention came from. This is just a rework and not a new species sadly. The paintwork looks a little too cartoonish.

Artci Fox - A very nice model, a new species so I am looking forward to adding it to my collection.

Arctic Fox Kit - Very nice pose, playful. I like it.

African Buffalo adult - a very handsome model. Again more refined and detailed than the old version. Much nicer than last years Papo and Collecta ones I think. Strange how they bring it out last year and Schleich follows this year. The companies really do seem to copy each other or work together I am sure. Bad point - the body looks a little too round and fuzzy and reminds me a little of a beetle...i dont know why! lol

African Buffalo Calf - a nice model, nice to see a colour variation in it from the parent. I suppose this replaces the Bison calf. I can see that if both existed side by side they would look similar and confuse kids perhaps.

Kudu adult - Absolutely stunning! By far the best model they have produced in the last few years I think. It is in a lovely handsome pose, proportions are just right and the horns are stunning. I love it! I am in love! I must buy loads of these :-) Much nicer than the Safari Lesser Kudu I think.

Kudu Calf - A nice model, again good pose, very alert. Nice to have an antelope baby.

Badger - a very nice model. Better than the last. Cant complain.

Badger babies - I like these too. Different. Nice to have a pair of babies.

Red fox adult - This is better than the last, more detail but I am sure the model is 'smiling' if it is then it is a turn off but maybe its the photo.

Red Fox kit - Looks a little chubby/clumpy - i am not sure about the face.

Bellowing Stag - I really like this. It reminds me of the Preiser Bellowing Stag. It is definitely a grand model and matches the current red deer female and baby. Along with the current stag all four make a really nice set. However I thought perhaps the Apricum stag would be the new one but clearly not so even though the current stag is going out it still lives on in a better and more refined version with the Apricum set.

Overall -

Nice figures, schleich get better and better with their realism and detail but the numbers coming out is really disapointing. I was looking forward to seeing many new species but they are all just reworks of previous models. What is happening with Schleich? I really wish we could ask them these questions directly.

Interesting how we have a black panther with the Noctis set but we dont have one in the wildlife range. It is a shame because it looks great so it means I have to buy the Noctis and Apricum sets just for the panther and Stag.

Many of you iwll haver the pictures now so do put up your thoughts and opinions.

Perhaps given that it is the anniversary Schleich will have some new ranges altogether. This may excite some of you who collect other things but for sole animal collectors like me it is now consolation. I want more wildlife!!! The numbers being retired are far higher than what is being introduced.

Oh well lets see until we get more info. The wait is now over for me and now I can sleep in peace.

Very Happy

Last edited by Schleichzoo on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:16 am

Well Numaan your thoughts on the animals are mine exactly! Thank you for sending the photos, it was fantastic!

The Dartmoor Stallion is gorgeous, the foal is cute, but it's front legs look slightly odd to me. The falabellas are very cute, they will go well with the stallion.
I love the longhorn cow and calf, they are beautiful, really lovely models. And the Knabstrupper is lovely, I never liked the mare and foal, but I will be getting the stallion.

Akhal teke stallion looks very nice, although the colour should have been a metallic golden buckskin or palomino, instead of a Dun.

I'm really happy with the kudus and Buffalos. They are so lovely!

I'm not sure about the Pinto mare and yearling, they look odd to me.

The cats look very strange, they look a bit mangy.

When you said ram lying I thought it was a sheep, but it's a rabbit!

All in all, I'm very happy with everything, of course I'm a little disappointed too, I would have liked to have seen new species as well. Especially a new breed of cattle, a belted Galloway family would have been wonderful.
There could be more to come, Schleich did say there were some surprises for 2011, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:26 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Well Numaan your thoughts on the animals are mine exactly! Thank you for sending the photos, it was fantastic!

The cats look very strange, they look a bit mangy.

When you said ram lying I thought it was a sheep, but it's a rabbit!

The cats do look mangy or scruffy dont they? And whats with all the rabbits and kittens? Are we going back to basic this year?

Like others have said there is a tiny tiny possibility this document is incomplete and there could be more. The lying rabbit is called a Ram which is also a big mistake. Lets wait and see :-)
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 am

the fallabella's look a bit like a second shetland family. I had expected more action in the horse poses, but it will do. I hope that they look better in real life.

I noticed that there are two missing numbers between the horses. Last years the horses had foloing codes, this year there missing two codes 93 and 94 at the end. Does that mean that we miss 2 horses?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:40 am

I think I'm partially disappointed about the schleich 2011. But some models are fantastic and great:
-adult badger-I love this model
-young badgers-I like them but not say hurray
-stag-looks like the one from the past, just new painting and texture Suspect
-fox and young fox-like them, even with this smile Razz
-rabbits-like them all, but I would prefer to see lying lamb then another lying rabbit
-cats-not very fine, look like polystone souvenirs
-kudu and calf-fantastic, I love them I love you
-arctic foxes-nice but I expected nicer
-gray goose-not bad
-buffaloes-very nice shape but texture of adult one seems to be too furry afro
-Dartmoor horses-very nice
-Pinto-I like them but they both seems to have some photoshop blur on eyes scratch I don't know why...
-Knubstrupper stalion-too cute, chubby but I like his pose
-Akhal-Teke-VERY nice, but I think I understand what You meant about his color Harriet-should be more "gold"
-Falabella- I don't collect falabellas, I would not buy a real one either Rolling Eyes
-donkey foal-very cute, I like it very much
-Texas longhorns-very nice models
-about penguins I totally agree with Numaan!
-tortoise-nice
-eagle-I don't like it at all Neutral

Our thoughts seems to be quite similar Harriet and Numaan cheers Of course there are some differences too, but it's good I think cat In general I expected a little bit better models but Kudus are really wonderful and badgers are very very nice too and some other animals are good too. I'm very sad because lack of wolverine Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:52 am

Hey, y`all forget, there is a completely new species : a ram with paws affraid

Laughing - by the way, the ram/rabbit looks almost like the one, Ken Yeo has in his collection, first picture, from middle :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is it from Safari, Ken ?

flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 pm

No, it isn,t mistake. this breed of rabbit is namedl ram and is a franch breed.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Hey, y`all forget, there is a completely new species : a ram with paws affraid

Laughing - by the way, the ram/rabbit looks almost like the one, Ken Yeo has in his collection, first picture, from middle :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is it from Safari, Ken ?

flower

It is from Safari!!
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:09 pm

hi i have seen the photos as well and the wolverine is on them and has been given a number which is 14646 and says it is being released in jan 11
steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:12 pm

alexmotoc wrote:

No, it isn,t mistake. this breed of rabbit is namedl ram and is a franch breed.

Ahh, I alway learn something here study
In Danish it is "vædderkanin", means ram-rabbit.
Still, all the others are in English, I think it is a Lop Rabbit - or is it Lop-eared rabbit in English,

Laughing But It is cute, i think, this ram-rabbit ;-)

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 pm

ken yeo wrote:
It is from Safari!!

Thanks, Ken flower

That makes one mor to my list of Safai-wishes Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 pm

stecal wrote:
hi i have seen the photos as well and the wolverine is on them and has been given a number which is 14646 and says it is being released in jan 11
steve
Really!? Could you send us a picture of it Steve?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:24 pm

stecal wrote:
steve

That's crazy Razz But I'm very happy to hear it again alien So how is it looks? Is it good model in Your opinion Steve?
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:44 pm

ana wrote:
I think I'm partially disappointed about the schleich 2011. But some models are fantastic and great:
-adult badger-I love this model
-young badgers-I like them but not say hurray
-stag-looks like the one from the past, just new painting and texture Suspect
-fox and young fox-like them, even with this smile Razz
-rabbits-like them all, but I would prefer to see lying lamb then another lying rabbit
-cats-not very fine, look like polystone souvenirs
-kudu and calf-fantastic, I love them I love you
-arctic foxes-nice but I expected nicer
-gray goose-not bad
-buffaloes-very nice shape but texture of adult one seems to be too furry afro
-Dartmoor horses-very nice
-Pinto-I like them but they both seems to have some photoshop blur on eyes scratch I don't know why...
-Knubstrupper stalion-too cute, chubby but I like his pose
-Akhal-Teke-VERY nice, but I think I understand what You meant about his color Harriet-should be more "gold"
-Falabella- I don't collect falabellas, I would not buy a real one either Rolling Eyes
-donkey foal-very cute, I like it very much
-Texas longhorns-very nice models
-about penguins I totally agree with Numaan!
-tortoise-nice
-eagle-I don't like it at all Neutral

Our thoughts seems to be quite similar Harriet and Numaan cheers Of course there are some differences too, but it's good I think cat In general I expected a little bit better models but Kudus are really wonderful and badgers are very very nice too and some other animals are good too. I'm very sad because lack of wolverine Crying or Very sad

I completely agree with you!!!Kind of disappointed... Crying or Very sad

I am very excited,because last year's photos were released in 2 stages.We may have more critters coming,including the wolverine.
Steve,do you have the pic?

Last edited by Wildheart on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I, like many of you over here, never trust the pictures to give an entirely truthful image of the products. When I saw the picture of the Hanoverian stallion I thought it looked dull and chubby, but when I saw it in real life it became one of my very favourite models! But here's my assessments on the new horses and the Poitou donkey foal (=the items I'm going to buy, I don't care so much for the rest of them) just for the fun of it.
- Knabstrupper stallion: I wished they would make the stallion brown-spotted instead of black-spotted, and my wish came true :) He's perhaps the best-looking model of the bunch in my opinion, a very good stallionish pose and a nice, unusual colour!
- Akhal-Teke: This one also came up the colour I expected it to, most Akhal-Tekes that I've seen in pictures are of the same colour. I didn't really expect Schleich to manage to make that metallic sheen and to make it quite as slim as it's supposed to be, but well they managed to make it a bit thin at least. Also it is visible in the model that Akhal-Tekes typically have some minor faults in their body structure.
- Pinto mare: I really hope this one looks better in real life, the picture looks ridiculous, I agree that the eyes look freaky. But they did make it black and white just as I wished, and the pinto colour even looks natural enough, unlike say the Tinker stallion...
- Pinto yearling: I'm really glad they made this one a yearling, the Schwarzwald yearling really needs some company of his own age Very Happy The colour is quite nice too, matches the stallion, but the pose... boooooring. Lifeless.
- Falabella mare: Looks adorable, and you know this is really funny, they made this one too exactly the colour I'd wished for xD Really cute, I just wish they didn't make her too big to match the gelding/stallion, whatever you call the male Falabella version.
- Falabella foal: Yay I was right about the foal in Willy's picture being Falabella Very Happy They could have made it an other colour, the Shetland foal is exactly the same. I wonder how small this is going to be :) Falabellas grow really fast though, so I wouldn't mind that much if it wasn't very tiny.
- Dartmoor stallion: Wow, I didn't know that Dartmoors could be this colour. But he looks gorgeus, I love the mane and the head. Looks like a stallion too.
- Dartmoor foal: Cute and cuddly just like a pony foal should, but the pose is maybe a bit awkward, lifeless just like the Pinto yearling. This is supposed to be a horse BABY, a lively little ADHD bouncer.

All in all, very nice colours, poses were a bit of a disappointment because they're all just standing except for the Knabstrupper, also I would have liked to see more new breeds than the Akhal Teke but I don't mind completing "families" either. Oh, and the Poitou donkey foal! The picture's angle is a bit weird so I can't say much but he/she does look adorable with those biiiig ears :)
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:06 pm

ana wrote:
stecal wrote:
steve

That's crazy Razz But I'm very happy to hear it again alien So how is it looks? Is it good model in Your opinion Steve?

very nice ana ill send you a picture tonight in your pm on here
steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
smhilin

smhilin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 pm

hi!! i dont know how to send e-mails on this forum.... but i was wondering if i could have the pictures of the 2011 models?? my e-mail is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

stecal wrote:
ana wrote:
stecal wrote:
steve

very nice ana ill send you a picture tonight in your pm on here
steve
Could you send a picture to me as well Steve? I'm very interested to see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:58 pm

I saw the pix too. I really like the badgers! alien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2011: At last !
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next