Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2011: At last !

Go down 
+46
landrover
remowshake
Barricade
stitch
baltimore zoo
wilt
shadowmoon
Tupolew Tu-154
FLIPPI
apichartu
essimon
joaovinicius16
sphyrna18
SchleichHorsesForever
Miss Mufflon
atabini
Titwen
alexmotoc
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
lucky luke
pm64
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
diversity
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Roger
Rio
Kiryuha
Yurumi
Zwartvoet
MartinH
Numa
smhilin
remrock02
Arrakai
HKHollinstone
Admin
stecal
Ana
Deseo
Gabe
JOANNAJM
Siobhan
Wildheart
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm ecstatic ! Rabbits albino

I'm really looking forward to all the new animals, just have to get all the ones retiring for next year !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:20 pm

I am serious when I say the list isn't one of their best...
Excluding 2008,which was a horrible year for Schleich,2011 doesn't get me so excited as 2010 or 2009.I expected a lot more,but it seems the company only brings animals which would sell,mostly farm critters fro little girls(and probably more of those glittery elves)and less collector items(like prehistoric mammals,dinosaurs,sea life,birds)...Very disappointing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Kiryuha wrote:

As to the others... There are already three cape buffaloes on the market, 3 or 4 bald eagles, two kudus (Papo and the upcoming Safari lesser kudu which will be quite large Wink)... Of course, buffaloes look good in herds, but all the three buffaloes I've got (Papo, Safari & Collecta) look so-o-o different as if they were different subspecies.
And as I'm not fond of Arctic/Antarctic fauna, I'm not very glad to see the arctic fox and penguins.
Finally, I seem to have dropped a clanger with my whole "Asian wave" hypothesis... scratch scratch

I had hopes for Asian wave too, but chances were low. About cape buffaloes in my opinion Papo and Safari fit not so bad to each other. CollectA looks very strange and I don't really like it, but new Schleich have big chances to be fantastic. Herd of buffaloes on collector's shelves will be bigger next year and that is a VERY good news. But You are right about the wolverine-it's a big surprise!! I've seen one-bullyland but it was medium quality. It's rare specie for toy companies. I remember Christophe mentioned about wolverine by Schleich would be kind of miracle. Laughing

Kiryuha wrote:
Indeed, last January they introduced 25 new wild animals, and in Jan'09 - 17. And we see no "Forest life" species in the list, so I believe there'll be more in May.

I think wolverine and rabbits belong to "forest life". Am I right? albino
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:29 pm

YES! Razz They belong to the forest series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Why new penguins?
New fox, but the arctic one, is more beautifull to children... but there's one in Safari!
Cape Buffalo and Kudu, Papo under atack!
Cape Buffalo and Texas longhorn, CollectA under atack (both from 2010)
Anyway it's a horns war! rendeer bom
A wolverine... Schleich has its own personality! wow!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Nothing really excite me for 2011 except for the wolverine. I am hoping to see a male gazelle being introduce next year. By judging from the list it dosen't seen to happen.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Why new penguins?
New fox, but the arctic one, is more beautifull to children... but there's one in Safari!
lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 pm

MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
Why new penguins?
lol!

SO the "own personnality could compete the Bullyland wolverine cheers Laughing Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:02 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Nothing really excite me for 2011 except for the wolverine. I am hoping to see a male gazelle being introduce next year. By judging from the list it dosen't seen to happen.

I really dont understand Schleich. We have two male Ostriches, we have more penguins and chicks coming, a huge lion family yet no male Gazelle or even a Tapir Calf. The Schleich families series seems to be hit and miss. The Male Gazelle is really important, particularly when we have a female and calf. It does not make sense. So what are Schleich up to?
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:06 pm

I wonder if the new stallions are actually stallions or geldings that they SAY are stallions, like the Clydesdale, Shetland Pony and Lusitano "stallions" of this year.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:06 pm

ana wrote:
Wildheart wrote:
Hm, I've been always thinking that "Forest Life" series by Schleich concerns only animals found in Western European countries and sometimes - in the USA. And when you say "wolverine", I think of Siberian or Canadian taiga Wink

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
Why new penguins?
lol!

SO the "own personnality could compete the Bullyland wolverine cheers Laughing Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for photo Christophe. I've seen this wolverine once in Polish online shop and it was described: brown bear Laughing Laughing Laughing I know Schleich will not be first with this specie but it's still surprise they decided to make one. I remember You mentioned this animal in the other topic.

Kikimalou wrote:

Forest life : Wolverine, beaver, otter, pine marder, badger, skunk ? No, moose, moose, moose, lynx, lynx, racoon, raccons...
I'm sorry but I really think Schleich is no longer on the fresh and oustanding way, the choice of this company is maybe to become the king of the overcrowded market, not the one who find new paths.
We can love or dislike their models but the companies who try now to do something fresh and outstanding are Safari and CollectA. Maybe because it's the only way to survive to the Schleich steamroller.

I think that's mean Schleich did really something outstanding this time. Only one model but it is something Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
ana wrote:
Wildheart wrote:
Hm, I've been always thinking that "Forest Life" series by Schleich concerns only animals found in Western European countries and sometimes - in the USA. And when you say "wolverine", I think of Siberian or Canadian taiga Wink

Oh I thought wolverines live also in Scandinavia which is part of Europe! affraid :)
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 pm

ana wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
ana wrote:
Wildheart wrote:

Oh I thought wolverines live also in Scandinavia which is part of Europe! affraid :)

Yes, we have wolverines here in sweden (at least in the northen parts), so they do exist in europe Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:39 pm

ana wrote:

I think that's mean Schleich did really something outstanding this time. Only one model but it is something Very Happy cheers

So ??? Congratulation to Schleich, at least one astounding model this year cheers cheers cheers Wow what a company Cool lol!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm

More seriously I don't know if this list is 100% confirmed but I hope there will be more models.

And I will wait seeing some pics to really enjoy myself with that wolverine, kudu and Cape buffalo.
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 pm

We have wolverines in Finland too, in Lapland! And the Laplanders hate them.
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:35 pm

yeahiee! what a great day this is! thank you for your information about all the new figures of 2011 Wink

for me they all sound very good, and I cannot wait to see the first picrures... Very Happy

but now I'm busy with looking for next year's retired figures in the shops... still need the roedeer, przewalski, and the two prehistoric ones..

by the way, I really wonder if Schleich will presant any new prehistoric mammal... there are just the smilidon and the mammoth (not a very nice one, indeed) with its baby (this one is better) left, and an own series just for 3 moodels is either overdone or its the sign that these three will also disappear in the near future.
also looking forward to new dinosaurs :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:56 pm

[quote="ana"]
Kikimalou wrote:
MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
Why new
lol!

Thanks for photo Christophe. I've seen this wolverine once in Polish online shop and it was described: brown bear Laughing Laughing Laughing I know Schleich will not be first with this specie but it's still surprise they decided to make one. I remember You mentioned this animal in the other topic.

Kikimalou wrote:

Forest life : Wolverine, beaver, otter, pine marder, badger, skunk ? No, moose, moose, moose, lynx, lynx, racoon, raccons...
I'm sorry but I really think Schleich is no longer on the fresh and oustanding way, the choice of this company is maybe to become the king of the overcrowded market, not the one who find new paths.
We can love or dislike their models but the companies who try now to do something fresh and outstanding are Safari and CollectA. Maybe because it's the only way to survive to the Schleich steamroller.

Oh, Christophe, like I said, Schleich has its own personality, don't you see that it's a Polish long tailed brown bear?:)
Isn't it Ana?
The wolverine is acting like the warthogs, are a gift for collectors!
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:07 pm

I am also looking forward to the wolverine. WE have wolverines in the US. in Alaska and along the northern states boundary with Canada. They are moving back into my state where they have not been for over 100 years
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:10 pm

hi i have heard that in may 2011 there will be new foxes and badgers released
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:37 pm

stecal wrote:
Where have you heard it? It sounds rational, and here are the real "Forest Life" critters.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Siobhan wrote:
We have wolverines in Finland too, in Lapland! And the Laplanders hate them.
Very Happy Yeah, they're real bandits!
But I still think Schleich thought more of Central and Southern Europe with their Forest Life series.

Roger wrote:
...The wolverine is acting like the warthogs, are a gift for collectors!
Exactly!

stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
stecal wrote:
Where have you heard it? It sounds rational, and here are the real "Forest Life" critters.

a schleich rep told a good (and reliable) friend of mine about them and confirmed the list of kudu,arctic fox etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:16 pm

That's wonderful news Steve, thank you. I love Badgers!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2011: At last !   Schleich 2011: At last ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2011: At last !
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next