Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition

Go down 
+28
SchleichLover741<3
CilleDK
Shardur
LittleLady
carnivalwolf17
TheLastStardust
Cyhyraeth
Fisva
Sumo
Bullyqueen
Schleichfreund
Elros Alvar
SyLoBe
75senta75
ReinbowSchleich
MartinH
Sartje
schleichsammler2008
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Silver Unicornis
Carola
TheSpottedCat
Ana
SUSANNE
Roger
arafan
Schleichwelt
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Schleichwelt

Schleichwelt

Country/State : Deutschland

friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition Empty
PostSubject: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Hallo,

an alle Pferdeliebhaber.
Im Mai 2013 kommt ein weißer Friesenhengst 13667 .
Stückzahl 5000.

Gruß Jürgen

Last edited by Schleichwelt on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Ja es gibt auch schon Bilder von ihm, ich finde ihn sehr gelungen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks for information, I like the black version. Very Happy The large head is more visible on this special edition. albino
Though, I have two questions, maybe I'm loosing something.
First, why is a Friesian white? Is it from a Fantasy series? scratch
Then, why is it more expensive once it is the same mold with a cheap painting? Maybe someone from MPV knows? Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks for information, I like the black version. Very Happy The large head is more visible on this special edition. albino
Then, why is it more expensive once it is the same mold with a cheap painting? Maybe someone from MPV knows? Very Happy

First, White (grey) Friesians do exist, especially in USA.
I am not sure they can be approved for the stud book in Germany, though .

Second, they are more expensive because MPV had 5000 made. That could make them rather rare ( how many Schleich horse collectors are there ?, 5000 perhaps, worldwide ?, and as MPV wants to make a living, they judge that is what they can charge Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Second, they are more expensive because MPV had 5000 made. That could make them rather rare ( how many Schleich horse collectors are there ?, 5000 perhaps, worldwide ?, and as MPV wants to make a living, they judge that is what they can charge Laughing

Thanks Susanne, it is always great to learn something new! Very Happy
Before asking here, I googled a little, of course. I've found this webpage and surely I understood that the grey color exists. Although, according with the article, this is a quite unusual thing and it looks these horses cannot be classified.
I know that many horses develope colors not accepted to certain breeds and these horses deserve to be loved as much as those that follow some rules invented by humans. But I think that again, the educational value of a toy exists when it can teach us something.
About the price, I have the same perception than you, other special editions, with an apparently more interesting painting, followed the same price of regular figures. This one the speculation is starting even before figures being sold. I am not sure it is fair once there was not an investment in a new mold. I know there are people from MPV here, I would love to know their opinion. It is nothing related with Schleich and I hope they don't start a fashion, now it is only 8,50 Euros, in future I don't know. flower

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 am

Oh I didn't know about grey Friesian horses, that's very interesting. Very Happy and isn't the studbook in The Netherlands rather than in Germany as it is Dutch breed? study
However I will not buy this version, even if I love this Schleich figure I think I don't need this variant scratch But idea is interesting :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 am

Thankyou for your findings, Roger ! sunny

One more thought about the grey colour in a Fresian, - or even pintos !!!

Both the gene for grey and the one for the ordinary paint ( Tobiano) are 100 % dominant. This means that the colour can not be carried hidden, like for instance chestnut can.

So there is a good reason why they cannot be classified, - they are a sure sign that another breed had been crossed into the Friesians Wink

Mutations do appear in horses, but the chance that grey or tobiano appear spontaneously is one in several millions. Mutations are already rare, and the chance of mutations in color that aren`t lethal, and further can be inherited, is so remote, that it is almost non existing study

I am surely getting this white one...I love the unusual Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 am

Interesting Susanne! To me, they just decided to join a good sculpt to a good selling color that has the advantage of being cheap to produce. They are a shop, no surprise at all. But, I also love what is unusual so that is a good point! Very Happy
I won't buy it but the normal black version I already considered buying several times. Very Happy

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 am

I find it interesting that everybody thinks it's so expensive. If you where to buy the original black one in Sweden in all new shape, it would go around 10,50 euro. Maybe a little less depending one where you look I guess.
I might get this model, but as of now I struggle enough to figure out how many models I can buy thinking of the shipping cost. And as seen on the pictures, I'm not all to impressed on the painting, it should have more shades of colour.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 am

You are right, Spot !
I just checked what toy shops charge for a Schleich horse here in Denmark - almost exactly 10 Euros !!!!! What a Face

TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 am

Roger wrote:

I just remembered one thing. There is a bayala horse that use the frisian mold with some minor change.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 pm

He looks like the stallion Nero

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:47 am

SUSANNE wrote:
You are right, Spot !
I just checked what toy shops charge for a Schleich horse here in Denmark - almost exactly 10 Euros !!!!! What a Face

Yes, it does actually pay to order online, even with shipping cost (just order at bit more than one figurine Wink )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is an interesting variant... Looking forward to see if any of you get him for review Very Happy I think they could maybe have chosen one of the retired sculpts, like the old Clydesdale mare (not considering if white/grey is possible for a Clyde)... But who will ever be happy silent Razz Credits for trying out this new variation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyFri May 03, 2013 5:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are not purebred Friesians, they are partbred Friesians, so they can't be approved by any Friesian studbook, as far as I know. There are separate registries for partbred Friesians, e.g. Friesian Sporthorse Association or Friesian Heritage Horse and Sporthorse International.
Purebred Friesians can be only black - occasional (and very rare) chestnut ones are registered, but they are not approved as stud stallions and broodmares.
Partbred ones can be of any colour, depending on the genetics of the other parent - or non-Friesian ancestors.

EDIT:
Someone mentioned Nero, the "white" Friesian - he's not a purebred, he's a 3/4 Friesian.

EDIT2:
I'm disappointed, to be honest. After El Santo and Don Johnson I was counting on another original and fresh sculpt sold by MPV. Instead we got another recycled mould by Schleich... I keep wondering why they do this? I know it's cheaper to use existing mould rather than creating a new one - but then special models would be truly special.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:48 pm

To prevent so many people about this subject, I want to say that the idea subjacent in my original comment is perfectly clear on Magda words! cheers
Those special editions made with Bullyland represent a new addition to an enthusiast of the equine world while the white friesian has nothing to be called a special edition, it is only a limited edition of a variant... nothing really new and exciting to those who collect horses.
As I commented, they joined the good selling color to a successful and good sculpting. It was not needed once the word SCHLEICH is enough to turn any limited edition in a sales success. Many sellers will buy surely a lot of them to sell later for incredible prices, a kind of Super Pinto stigma. Sad
Also, when I commented and continue commenting that it is a white Friesian and not a grey Friesian, it was not result from my limited knowledge about equine colors, I don't know a lot about them but enough to understand that this horse should be called a grey and not a white horse. But, I am not sure that MPV repainted version follows really what should be considered a grey horse and I am almost sure that they are not selling it as a grey but a white horse what says everything about the lack of equine spirit behind this project and consequently, lack of prestige.
Also, I am not saying it is expensive, I am only commenting the speculative price, what I don't understand considering it is only a repainted version. It is more than 30% of the price of black Friesian, it means that in places where a normal Schleich horse is 10,50 Euros, this one, to follow the speculation, needed to be about 13,70 Euros. A really unfair price.
Only to finish, here a regular Schleich horse is about 7 Euros, much cheaper than in Nordic countries, it represents almost 1,5% of the salary of the most part of Portuguese Mothers, enough money to buy 12 kg of potatos. So what is really expensive and cheap? Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Roger wrote:

when I commented and continue commenting that it is a white Friesian and not a grey Friesian, it was not result from my limited knowledge about equine colors, I don't know a lot about them but enough to understand that this horse should be called a grey and not a white horse.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Roger, you know a lot more than you will admit Wink

But in case others don`t know what we are talking about, a very short description here:

White born horses :
Is due to the dominant gene W
A funny history : In 1672 the Danish king Frederik III tried to breed them at his stud at Frederiksborg ( The Frederiksborg horses are now all chestnut).
It prooved very difficult, as the fertility was very low. Out of 13 white mares only one got a foal.
These horses are called WHITE

Grey horses
Is due to the dominant gene called G
These horses are born in any horse colour but turn first grey, later more or less completely white.
Some people get a chock when their beautyful "stone-grey" horse turns completely white with age.

Other "white colours" can be due to the Cream gene, which is semi-dominant. Double-cream horses aren`t really white, but cream or slightly grey according to their basic colour.

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
But in case others don`t know what we are talking about, a very short description here:

White born horses :
Is due to the dominant gene W
A funny history : In 1672 the Danish king Frederik III tried to breed them at his stud at Frederiksborg ( The Frederiksborg horses are now all chestnut).
It prooved very difficult, as the fertility was very low. Out of 13 white mares only one got a foal.
These horses are called WHITE

Grey horses
Is due to the dominant gene called G
These horses are born in any horse colour but turn first grey, later more or less completely white.
Some people get a chock when their beautyful "stone-grey" horse turns completely white with age.

Other "white colours" can be due to the Cream gene, which is semi-dominant. Double-cream horses aren`t really white, but cream or slightly grey according to their basic colour.

There are also so-called "white sabinos" or "maximum sabinos" - horses with sabino pattern so extensive it covers whole body (or vast majority of body). Cobalt, the Tinker/Gypsy Vanner/Gypsy Cob (one breed, many names) stallion is a fine example:
source
He's got very few black hairs - DNA tests showed he's a black sabino. His sire is/was black sabino and his dam was black sabino roan.

Also, not all dominant white horses are all white. There are 11 known mutations of W gene causing this colour/pattern, and some of them result in sabino-like pattern - e.g. Thoroughbred stallion Puchilingui (he started one of the DW lines):
source
And his son, Sato:
source
Both are dominant white, even though Sato is registered as palomino sabino.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Here are some pictures from the new frisean:

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Ohhh! You got him already cheers

CONGRATULATIONS, and thankyou for the great photoes Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Congrats cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Bryan for your pictures and congratulations! Also interesting the contributions of our horse ladies! flower
That is a beautiful piece. albino

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:02 pm

It's not mine Very Happy
It's from a friend

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:41 am

I like the model, its pretty, and its (to me) a "normal shade of white" with the slightly dirty socks. Great model. :)
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
schleichsammler2008

schleichsammler2008

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:42 am

I may get mine today! So exited about it!

P.S. The initial release of the key - look at it
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you for showing us, Bryan cheers He sure looks kind of nice Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition   friesian - Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich White Friesian Horse, MPV 2013 special edition
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next