Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Dreams about collecting?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

Dreams about collecting? Empty
PostSubject: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 05:53

Do any of you have dreams about collecting? I had one last night, and I've had several before then. They're pleasant, happy dreams. I see the figures I own as well as rooms with cabinets full of ones I wish I had. I even had a dream that I went to a collecting convention of sorts and a guy I went on a date with was there! I felt so happy that he also "collected". Laughing I also had one where I visited a zoo and some of my figures were in the exhibits, life-sized! lol! In the one from last night I was in a huge attic full of figures. My sister was there and I walked around telling her the brands of the animals. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 07:16

Since my childhood enough Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 07:21

@widukind wrote:
Since my childhood enough Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But the dream where i can remember me is this. I live as child in the GDR, here you cant bought every day a lot of animal figurines. Most it was that you find 3 different animals (only VEB Plaho here you find not so much choices) in a half year and than also only 3 times,not more. Sometimes it was the same like .... One word, animal figurines to find was difficult.Also we had only 3 toyshops in the city

Now my dream. I had in this moment no deers. But i dreamed in one night i found deers and in my dream i was happy. Next day after my dads work i goes in the toyshop and- i found deers in real. Very Happy

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 09:04

Some days ago I dreamed to go in a medieval - chinese shop and I found in a bench many animal figurines. I asked the price to the nice chinese man. He just took all the figures and put them in a bug, to sell to me. I told him that I had not yet chosen XD

Did you ever dream to give life to your figurines? Laughing I did it.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 10:08

Great subject and great dreams cheers

@widukind wrote:

Now my dream. I had in this moment no deers. But i dreamed in one night i found deers and in my dream i was happy. Next day after my dads work i goes in the toyshop and- i found deers in real. Very Happy

This is fantastic drunken

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySun 12 May 2013, 19:05

Yes, I had plenty of them, in fact. At times I see the end of the auction that's I'm bidding at night)) Or but or sell sth. Several times I've broken my favourite horses in my dreams, and about a month ago I've visited Breyerfest in my dreams))
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyThu 23 May 2013, 18:40

Last night I had an incredible beautifull dream...

I was in Rome in visit, a evening. I just walked to the other side of a street, to look for small shops. Through a window of a shop I saw a very nice sculpture of a wolf. I entered and went to the table of the old man, the vendor, or maybe the sculptor. The price of the wolf was 750€ affraid
Other wolves were around there. And a price without any sculpture said "Cow 15€".
I asked to the old man if there were more cheap sculptures, but he said no. He said he sold also a "right pyramid"... scratch
So, i looked around to find more nice stuffs. I saw little figures in some boxes, the price was 8€ each... but I didn't like them...

Suddenly... a leopard came from a door and start walking around in the shop... cat
I was scared and admired at the same time! Waht a nice felide! He came close to me and looked at me... I started to ask to myself if I could touch it...
He just came closer... I touched him and he didn't run away! bounce I cherished him for a while, its fur and under his chin, he was like a cat!

Then he moved away and another one appeared: a snow leopard this time! I think it was a female one. I pet her and she jumped into my arms like a cat! She was very affectionate, she licked my face with her big tongue and I kissed her back! Laughing

What a strange dream... I will remember it forever. Sleep drunken

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyThu 23 May 2013, 22:06

I do remeber having such dreams, most regarding several small gift shops, from the past, where I could buy anything I wanted, mostly Japanese figurines!
The only figurine that I bought after 3 similar dreams was the Carnegie Tanystropheus. After having it in my hands, the dreams stopped.
I haven't been dreaming for almost a year now. :?

ezhilan

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyFri 24 May 2013, 05:00

i had several of it too.mostly pleasant.most dreams would be before i bought the big brands.the dreams would be on misses ones.i n the dream iwould each time come close to buy,search in the store,find only one and each time i buy it, the time would be morning 8 am and realise it was a dream.nightmares were different,woke up abruptly in the middle of sleep.
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyFri 24 May 2013, 18:25

I've had only few dreams related to collecting...

The first one that I remember was about Bambi (Disney) easter eggs. I received a Bambi easter egg from my dad. Inside was a really nice plastic or PVC figure, I remember that there was a full series of figures from the movie. Really collectable stuff. When I woke up, I was so disappointed because they don't exist.
In fact, we had some Bambi/Dumbo easter eggs here, but you could only have some stickers or pencil sharpeners etc. from them.

And the other dream is quite recent. And it's rather a nightmare than a dream. My sister had sold my only boy My Little Pony to some collector with a very low price! Oh the horror! Very Happy

Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 05:48

Wow, I am glad that so many people have had similar experiences to share! cheers

@AlopexLagopus wrote:
Last night I had an incredible beautifull dream...

That sounds like a lovely dream :) I too have had dreams recently with big cats, but the ones I saw were scared of me. It is great that your leopards were so friendly.

@Wildheart wrote:
I haven't been dreaming for almost a year now. :?

Everybody dreams! You're just not remembering them. Wink I had to train myself to remember my dreams. Now, I can remember up to four per night.

@krista wrote:
And the other dream is quite recent. And it's rather a nightmare than a dream. My sister had sold my only boy My Little Pony to some collector with a very low price! Oh the horror! Very Happy

That sounds very frightening, indeed! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 11:38

Many times in my life I have dreamed of going into a shop and finding perfect model animals .... of species which I have never seen made as toys before. I buy what I can, then I realise that I am dreaming.

I try very hard to wake up and bring them into this world with me. As I wake, I am triumphant! This time I did it! ..... but I find that I am awake and clutching not a bag of animals, but a corner of my pillow.....

Maybe this is more of a nightmare than a dream, but however often it happens, I never lose hope....

Lesley.

Castlerigg.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 19:28

@castlerigg wrote:

Many times in my life I have dreamed of going into a shop and finding perfect model animals .... of species which I have never seen made as toys before. I buy what I can, then I realise that I am dreaming.

I try very hard to wake up and bring them into this world with me. As I wake, I am triumphant! This time I did it! ..... but I find that I am awake and clutching not a bag of animals, but a corner of my pillow.....

Maybe this is more of a nightmare than a dream, but however often it happens, I never lose hope....

Lesley.

Castlerigg.

This dreams i know too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyTue 04 Jun 2013, 04:33

I had once an exciting dream of going inside a school where a tray full of retired Schleichs seen esp. the African buffalo [14133 ].

[ this dream occured even after acquiring 3 Cape buffaloes in real [ the same model 14133 ] Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Colorado & Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 04:42

Dreamed about being a Pteraspis.Then a Hyneria chased me all over the swamp.Just as he was about to gorge me I woke up panting.Before bed I hypnotized myself into thinking I was a Pteraspis (My favorite animal) and dreamed about it.It was funny,I looked exactly like a Kaiyodo Dinotales UHA Pteraspis.Hyneria looked like the one from Walking with Monsters.It was the most thrilling dream ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 21:13

I had a lot of dreams the week before we went to Köln with school. Me and a friend of mine (christinavanderschouw) googled were to find the closest schleich store and used google maps to be sure we would find when we got there.

Because I was so busy with schleich at that moment I dreamed a lot about schleich. Mosly dreaming about seeing figures in stores that didn't exist in real life, but I my dream they existed. And I had a dream some time ago which was about finding some very cheep schleich figures in a second hand shop. I was somewhat disappointed when I woke up and realised I didn't bought them for real. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Colorado & Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 01:29

I Would hate that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 07 Sep 2013, 10:28

@AlopexLagopus wrote:
Some days ago I dreamed to go in a medieval - chinese shop and I found in a bench  many animal figurines. I asked the price to the nice chinese man. He just took all the figures and put them in a bug, to sell to me. I told him that I had not yet chosen XD

Did you ever dream to give life to your figurines?  Laughing I did it.
I was again in that shop! What a Face I found more nice foxes and I though I could take them... but I lost myself in the shop! I started to lookk for the way out (or in) till I understand I was in a dream... lol! 

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? EmptySat 19 Oct 2013, 02:38

I dreamed that I was in this Burger joint like establishment, only instead of food, they sell you figures.

I also dreamed of some cool dinosaur line being sold in a toy store, it was the best line I've seen, though ironically, it was a dream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams about collecting?   Dreams about collecting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams about collecting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: