Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot

Go down 
+13
ken yeo
A-J
Tove
Ana
Fisva
NandO
resti
lucky luke
AlopexLagopus
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:40 am

Wow great pictures and great figures cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:48 am

Thank you Bryan. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:12 am

More nice pictures but I have to say that this panther looks wonderful from top view. Very Happy cat

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 am

Thanks Roger. Here are a few more.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[img:e660][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]243.photobucket.com/albums/gg558/Saarlooswolfhound/014_zps2c87bcb0.jpg[/img:e660][/URL]

As you can tell, I got in the mood for elephants. Laughing

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:09 am

Wow they are awesome and great pictures Sad(o)): Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:22 am

Thanks Bryan. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:33 am

Fantastic pictures Paige! I really enjoyed them. It also made me appreciate the schleich elephants (which I really like, despite the criticisms I often hear).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 am

I really love the Schleich elephants too, despite the criticism. Something my dad always told me about my collection when I as little when I said I didn't like a certain animal for whatever reason, he would look at me and say "every animal is an individual, they don't all look the same." So when I see the new Papo bear, or any other figure that people don't like for any reason, I think "not all animals are the same" and then make a decision from there. I love my "big-headed" elephants. :)
Also, thanks for posting. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 am

Truly fabulous photography Paige.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks Chris!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 am

Great pictures again Paige! We were make some criticism what is normal on a forum. We learn and enjoy a lot with it. It doesn't mean that people doesn't really like a certain animal, it only means that they could be more realistic with some little differences. For example, do I fislike Schleich elephants? No, they are pretty and cute. Do I find them realistic? No, too chubby and with wrong proportions whatever is the real elephant you compare with.
Some years ago, I bought the previous Schleich elephant male to my niece, as she didn't like it, I brought it back to change in a shop. My wife that is very neutral with these animal figures, loved the figure and uses it as decorative piece. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:30 am

I'm not saying that not liking a particular figure is wrong or anything like that. And yes, although these particular Schleich elephants are a little well fed etc, my only point was that in a world with so many species and individuals within that species, there are so many chances for diversity. After all, look at the human species. As far as figurines go, everyone is allowed to have their taste and preferences, my only point is that there is millions of different combinations for real animals, and millions of the one species. They can't all look perfect, typical, or normal. After all... where is the fun in that? Laughing Wink
Anyways, thanks for posting again, and I enjoy learning other people's opinions and thoughts, and I enjoy the discussions on the forum. :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:05 am

Paige, your Father was very clever using these examples to teach you, wince you were very young, to accept the differences between persons! This is worthy! cheers
Do you know, I collect all foxes, hollow, ugly, funny, chubby, cute, realistic, etc. They are a sign that I love and accept all kind of animal figures. However, for many reasons, I cannot collect all figures, not even all I love, so I try to choose diversity and realism. That is the main reason why I like to compare and discuss figures. But there isn't a perfect formula, realism looks an objective thing but it is not, it is purely subjective, so opinions can change a lot among collectors. Arguing and discussing in a friendly way is a very enriching social exercise. flower

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:19 am

I totally agree. I do the same with wolf figures that you do with foxes. I agree there is no perfect formula for creating the best interpretation of a species. For instance look at the cape buffaloes from all the brands. Some are chubby and almost domesticated/docile looking, others look more wild, muscular, and fierce. I have fun with the discussions on the forums on different topics too. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 pm

great photos

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:34 am

Thanks. :)

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:40 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I really love the Schleich elephants too, despite the criticism. Something my dad always told me about my collection when I as little when I said I didn't like a certain animal for whatever reason, he would look at me and say "every animal is an individual, they don't all look the same." So when I see the new Papo bear, or any other figure that people don't like for any reason, I think "not all animals are the same" and then make a decision from there. I love my "big-headed" elephants. :)
Also, thanks for posting. Very Happy

Well said Paige!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:52 am

Thank you Scott. :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot   Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Its finally nice enough outside for a photoshoot
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3