Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? Empty
PostSubject: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:19 pm

I am very interested in Prehisoric Mammals, I really like them. So, one day, I suppose I'll start to collect them  tongue
How many different there are?
I think you can find the most famous, but not as many as paleontologists know.
For example, i.m.o. there are few canids, or felines... or anything else, compared to dinosaurs, I mean  geek

I know from Schleich:
Wooly Mammoth
Smilodon
Cave Bear
Schleich Macrauchenia

A lot of Safari:
Ambelodon
Arsinoitherium
Andrewsarchus
Doedicurus
Giant Sloth
Saber-Tooth Tiger
Woolly Mammoth

Bullyland:
Chalicotheriu
Mastodon
Woolly Rhino

Collecta:
Megacerops

Papo:
Sabertooth Tiger

Not sure who:
Paraceratherium
Deinotherium
Ancient Horse
Megaloceros

More?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:34 pm

That is a question for Martien (STORMnl) Very Happy

here his topics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:54 pm

You can se some of the Starlux ones here :

Bullyland : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Schleich : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - hey, I forgot a picture of the Macrauchenia Shocked

AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Ohhhhh thank you very much! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:30 am

As you can see from previous comments, there are not as many as dinosaurs but enough to ruin us. Laughing
Remember that dinosaurs was one of the biggest fashions of animal toy figures, the highest enthusiasm was already some years ago but they are still best sellers. No other plastic animal figure sells as much as a T-rex. Very Happy
Prehistoric mammals are almost only satellites of dinos phenomenon.
As Susanne is showing, from major brands you have the recently retired line of Schleich, the elaborated Bullyland line that was recently partially relaunched, the very nice incidents from Safari, the top selling Papo vulgarities and, finally, CollectA and Mojo, are giving a new life to this world with some really interesting and unusual species. bounce
Let me only tell that dogs are really rare, thinking fast I only can remember the dire wolf from Bullyland, but felines are not rare, there are a lot of smilodons and other saber toothed cats, they almost break mammoth hegemony. Don't forget also Japanese and vintage brands. But first, think very well what you really want to collect... diversity? Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:37 am

Nayab and Playvisions (PV) have also a few

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:26 am

BTW, Geoworld is makeing a fantastic series this year. They should be available for christmas, they say Rolling Eyes

AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:27 pm

That late? Oh Sad Im waiting for Geoworld Hipparion..

Fisher price imaginext made some prehistoric mammals too.

AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Roger wrote:
As you can see from previous comments, there are not as many as dinosaurs but enough to ruin us. Laughing
Remember that dinosaurs was one of the biggest fashions of animal toy figures, the highest enthusiasm was already some years ago but they are still best sellers. No other plastic animal figure sells as much as a T-rex. Very Happy
Prehistoric mammals are almost only satellites of dinos phenomenon.
As Susanne is showing, from major brands you have the recently retired line of Schleich, the elaborated Bullyland line that was recently partially relaunched, the very nice incidents from Safari, the top selling Papo vulgarities and, finally, CollectA and Mojo, are giving a new life to this world with some really interesting and unusual species. bounce
Let me only tell that dogs are really rare, thinking fast I only can remember the dire wolf from Bullyland, but felines are not rare, there are a lot of smilodons and other saber toothed cats, they almost break mammoth hegemony. Don't forget also Japanese and vintage brands. But first, think very well what you really want to collect... diversity? Very Happy

Thank you all! That's a lot of information and suggestions for a collector I love you
I like canids, of course and felides almost the same. And i like what's hidden and few known, so, I know mammal prehistorical animals are not so famous as the dinosaurs are... if Spielberg had chosen animals from Pleistocene, for example, everything would have been different lol!
When I see so many prehistoric animals like in this site: study
I get mad and ask why all of them are not as famous as dinos... Razz because they are incredible, beautifull and they are a lot!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm

AlopexLagopus wrote:

When I see so many prehistoric animals like in this site: study
I get mad and ask why all of them are not as famous as dinos... Razz because they are incredible, beautifull and they are a lot!

Arrrrhgh !!!! Spielberg, you have to make a new one from the Pleistocene bounce bounce tongue

Btw, we forgot the AAAs : Entelodont, hyenodon, and the usual mammoth, smilodon and wooly rhino Very Happy

AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:46 pm

bounce

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Interesting link! :) I like prehistoric mammals best than dinosaurs but, maybe the size explains a little why dinos are more popular.
When you think that an andrewsarchus is not larger than a modern polar bear what means it is much smaller than a giganotosaurus, spinosaurus or even T-rex, famous and popular predators. When also the largest land mammal was visibly smaller than the largest herbivore dinosaurs...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:57 am

here you can find the Wild Republic ice age tube

Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 12:33 pm

widukind wrote:
here you can find the Wild Republic ice age tube

thanks Very Happy

Blu Whale is the biggest animal ever lived Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:23 pm

WOW !!! That whale Shocked

What an aquarium one would need Shocked geek

Thanks for info and picture, Roger and AL flower flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Yes, unless as far as we know. But blue whales are not land mammals not even prehistoric creatures. Also, an animal that looks an innofensive "huge fish" is hard to turn in a mediatic phenomenon like a T-rex. Among whales, orcas, also known as killer whales, are much smaller and more mediatic. And media is very illusive, because of a known whale called Moby-dick and the whale of Italian Pinocchio, when people think in a big whale, thinks wrongly in a sperm whale.
P.S. I have a long nose like Pinocchio but it is just a coincidence.... Evil or Very Mad alien Laughing albino

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Roger wrote:

P.S. I have a long nose like Pinocchio but it is just a coincidence.... Evil or Very Mad alien Laughing albino

Croger, your nose is perfect for all those teeth, so cheer up ! Wink Laughing Laughing

AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm

You are right... so we need to make a movie with our replicas as protagonist rendeer

"STS Park: the beast is in da house!"

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?   Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find? Empty

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric Mammals: How many toy replicas can you find?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: